bret_owen99
ozjenny
LakeErieMonster
CJSchmidt
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What do you think of the choice?
Brilliant!
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Vote_lcap27%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 24 ]
We'll see... they can always move on to 12 if it doesn't work out.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Vote_lcap43%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 38 ]
HUGE mistake.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Vote_lcap9%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 8 ]
In Moffat we trust.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Vote_lcap21%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 89

AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 am

I absolutely think Matt is brilliant as The Doctor. I doubt this will be my favorite episode of the season, I hope. Not as good as Christmas Invasion, or Spearhead from Space for a first Doctor episode!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:31 am

i dont understand what you guys gripe about the new opening credits is, i thought they were cool, especially when the new tardis dw logo flipped around into the tardis, and the music, well i bet if tennant had the same music in series four you'd think it was groovey.lol
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:34 am

For those talking about torrents, please do not discuss such matters openly as it is an illegal act here in the US.

I think what is bothering others including myself about the theme is that it doesn't have the 'dun DUN dun' in the music.

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. I was as excited as watching Tennant's introduction if not more. Hopefully, it doesn't also trend downward as it goes along as I felt with Tennant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:55 pm

i was curious, in the montage of aliens who attacked the earth they have the hath peck in it. whats up with that?
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Having seen the first episode of series 5, I will admit, I'm not too thrilled with the new opening credits. As for Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor, I'm not going to make any judgment calls on him yet. The only time I made an exception was for Tennant as the Tenth Doctor. He won me over almost right away.

I cannot wait to see more of Series 5 though. The spitfires in space and the Daleks with the Union Jack had me as giddy as a kid in a candy store with a handful of money to spend.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 pm

i had the oppisite to be honest, tennant had to win me over and matt got me right away, i love tennant but i was ready for someone else to give it a go, the same with rtd. to each his own but i think your all crazy about the titles.lol
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I absolutely think Matt is brilliant as The Doctor. I doubt this will be my favorite episode of the season, I hope. Not as good as Christmas Invasion, or Spearhead from Space for a first Doctor episode!
thats only because he didnt spend a large time in bed with no lines except "shoes" Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:45 pm

hitman hart, i value you're opinion. i know we may disagree, but i would welcome any comments you could make on my thread regarding the review of the eleventh hour.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:28 pm

hitman hart wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
thats only because he didnt spend a large time in bed with no lines except "shoes" Very Happy .

Now, that was only Part 1. Wow, now that I think of it, Christmas Invasion had Tennant in bed most of the time. Weird. Maybe first episodes need the Doctor to be asleep! I actually did enjoy it better the second time around, while I was awake.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Ronpur wrote:
hitman hart wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Now, that was only Part 1. Wow, now that I think of it, Christmas Invasion had Tennant in bed most of the time. Weird. Maybe first episodes need the Doctor to be asleep! I actually did enjoy it better the second time around, while I was awake.

now that i think of it, tom was in bed clothes from being in sick bay, presumeably from being, IN BED.lol
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:43 pm

I have now watched the episode 4 times, and I am actually liking it more each time, and I love Matt more each time. I hope the rest of his episodes are as enjoyable. Especially the last 10 to 15 minutes!
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:42 pm

I'm with you, Ronpur! 4 times now and better every time! The opposite if The End of Time, that got worse with every viewing! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SonicGirl
SonicGirl

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:08 pm

CJSchmidt wrote:
Matthew Smith

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/news/latest/090103_news_01
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7808697.stm

We still don't know anything about his take on the character, but feel free to speculate and rant below!

Thats old,everyone knows NOW! lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:52 pm

SonicGirl wrote:
CJSchmidt wrote:
Matthew Smith

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/news/latest/090103_news_01
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7808697.stm

We still don't know anything about his take on the character, but feel free to speculate and rant below!

Thats old,everyone knows NOW! lol!

Obviously this was posted before.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:56 pm

hitman hart wrote:
i was curious, in the montage of aliens who attacked the earth they have the hath peck in it. whats up with that?

As were the Ood. Weird.

I did dig that there was a classic Sontaran and a Sea Devil among them though.
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Just started playing around with making animated .gifs from video clips. Never knew how to do that before.

Sigh, it's a shame you can't use them as your avatar here. I just made this really nifty one because I really love this scene...

Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 Teneleven
Back to top Go down
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:00 am

Clavius wrote:
Just started playing around with making animated .gifs from video clips. Never knew how to do that before.

Sigh, it's a shame you can't use them as your avatar here. I just made this really nifty one because I really love this scene...

Why cant you use them, cos of the size? Because you can use animated gifs - c mine
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 am

Clavius wrote:

How do you make .gif's, always wanted to have a go at that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Clavius wrote:

Tha scene, and the music the was the greatest!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:53 am

I liked this story, and I hope the rest of the season gets better (as it usually does). I wonder what the big subplot / finale will end up being. Nice, mysterious clues given...

Spoiler:

And I love those few times we've gotten a Doctor "timeline" sequence... it reaffirms that the show has quite a history.

Did not like the opening credits music. I liked the "woo wooo..." as it sounded very spooky, but the rest of it was too "rock symphony" or whatever the term is. I'm guessing this season will be a bit like the Hinchcliffe years, which is great!
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 10:54 am

After seeing the first two episodes, I can hardly believe I'm saying it, but Matt Smith is already my second favorite Doctor. [First being Tennant, who completely shook my concept of what "my Doctor" is supposed to be, and it's not necessarily my first, which he wasn't...but that's a whole different topic!] Subject to change, of course, as is the Doctor's very nature, but I think he's really doing a brilliant job! I'm really excited about the upcoming episodes...I still miss Ten, of course, but I'm confident that Eleven will keep me enthusiastically watching!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:31 am

Vicki wrote:
After seeing the first two episodes, I can hardly believe I'm saying it, but Matt Smith is already my second favorite Doctor. [First being Tennant, who completely shook my concept of what "my Doctor" is supposed to be, and it's not necessarily my first, which he wasn't...but that's a whole different topic!] Subject to change, of course, as is the Doctor's very nature, but I think he's really doing a brilliant job! I'm really excited about the upcoming episodes...I still miss Ten, of course, but I'm confident that Eleven will keep me enthusiastically watching!

Just out of curiosity, who was your favorite Doctor before you saw David?

And for now on, when I am asked "Who is your favorite Doctor?", I will just say"Exactly!"
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 am

Ronpur wrote:
Vicki wrote:

Just out of curiosity, who was your favorite Doctor before you saw David?

And for now on, when I am asked "Who is your favorite Doctor?", I will just say"Exactly!"

It was Peter Davison...with a bit of Tom Baker thrown in once in awhile! Paul McGann is also pretty high up there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:16 am

JUST WATCHED THE ELEVENTH HOUR! HE WON ME OVER IMMEDIATELY! IF THE REST OF THE SEASON IS LIKE THIS, IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD!
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Yeah, I loved it and him. Great choice for the Doctor. Can't wait for the rest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76

Official 11th Doctor Thread
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next