bret_owen99
ozjenny
LakeErieMonster
CJSchmidt
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What do you think of the choice?
Brilliant!
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 24 ]
We'll see... they can always move on to 12 if it doesn't work out.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 38 ]
HUGE mistake.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 8 ]
In Moffat we trust.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 89

AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:13 am

How it could work: The Doctor has been critically injured and is all alone. You can see the age River Song described on his face. The idea that where the Doctor goes, death follows (established in episode 1) is weighing heavily on him. He isn't going to regenerate. Either telepathically, or through some convenient plot device, the Doctor sees visions of all the people he's affected in this regeneration. Jack is saving the world in Torchwood, Martha is head of UNIT, Donna has grown into a better woman all on her own, and Rose is happy. These vision give him the courage to crawl across the room, press the button to destroy the evil menace about to destroy mankind, and regenerate just as the credits roll. You could also have flashbacks to important little events that we never saw on screen, or just maybe something as simple as cuts to each person, where ever they are, suddenly looking sad without knowing why at the moment of the Doctor's "death".

If the rumors are true (and I doubt it), there are ways of bringing everyone back without the cheesiness of last seasons big finale.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:38 pm

your scenerio does seem plausible...the latest is that cribbons was spotted on set hey ho.
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:09 am

What are these spoilers from the sun?
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:42 am

actually from ...the den of geek...just rumours so I never really take anything until it comes from the bbc...just sometimes find it fun when they speculate.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:36 pm

first off i have seen matt in his on screen role with billie piper in secret diaries of a london call girl and he was fantastic. i can completly see him being a great doctor and hes all ready how should i say this, been with an established asistant.(deveous laugh) you can you tube it if you dont have access to the show. and dont hate me but i think all the doctors have been brilliant in there own way. i remember when i was a kid i openly hated peter davison for destroying toms scarf in his first ep. at the time i had litterally watched tom from start to finish and couldnt imagine anyone else in that role. i personally cried giant man tears inside when chris left because no offense to tennet but i thought he was better. i thought who is this david tennet guy, this bean pole. but i grew to love him almost immediatly. and i hate to say it like this but your either a fan of the show or not. as a fan it is an accepted reality that this is going to happen. and i personally think its one of the most exciting and most enduring aspects of the show. so chill out and relax all i thought chris and billie were gonna suck based on publisity photos and it was awsome. so lighten up people its just a tv show. give the guy a chance before you tear him down. peace
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 9:17 am

Hitman, I couldn't agree more about how excited I get when I was watching a new Doctor take over. My first regeneration was Tom to Peter. Of course, we saw it 2 years after it happened and after Peter had anounced HE was leaving, so I had no preformed opinion of Colin. Watching the earlier Doctors in each of their episodes helps me keep an open mind about each Doctor. So far, there isn't a Doctor I don't like. Just a few episodes here and there I don't care for.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Hitman, I couldn't agree more about how excited I get when I was watching a new Doctor take over. My first regeneration was Tom to Peter. Of course, we saw it 2 years after it happened and after Peter had anounced HE was leaving, so I had no preformed opinion of Colin. Watching the earlier Doctors in each of their episodes helps me keep an open mind about each Doctor. So far, there isn't a Doctor I don't like. Just a few episodes here and there I don't care for.
you know whats funny is that i think this show more than any has the room to change staff. it seems to me that one of the things that really hurt the show was unlike rtd who has done a great job, is john nathan turner and his inability to let go and let someone else have a go. he in my opinion (and i could could be wrong, wouldnt be the frist time)is the reason the show slowly declined until its cancellation. he was out of touch with his fan base which is funny because he tried so hard to be to close to them. i think its a good thing when they change staff to keep it fresh and exciting. i mean think of it this way unless hartnell was your fav doc you always had to lose somone to get someone else. troughton gave us pertwee, which in turn gave us baker, dicks and letts gave us hinchcliff and holmes. ive endured poorly written colin baker and mcoy adventures i think with steven moffet at the helm were gonna be just fine.
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:39 am

Heres a thought,

maybe Matt Smith isnt actually the doctor but rather a decoy to keep us whovians off scent?
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:42 pm

you know i really liked morrisey. i think he would have made a great doctor. he did a great job in the christmas special.
Back to top Go down
AC Rempt
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:05 pm

Late to the thread, I know, and most of what I think has already been said. My first regen was Pertwee to Baker, and if that wasn't a heck of a change, I don't know what is. A new Doctor is always an uncertain time, but even John-Nathan Turner got it right more often than he got it wrong when casting his Doctors, so let's see what happens.

And remember, it always takes some time for a Doctor to settle in. With the possible exception of Tom Baker, they've all needed at least two or three stories to get their bearings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sophiethedog.com
jfh100970

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 12:02 am

AC Rempt wrote:
And remember, it always takes some time for a Doctor to settle in. With the possible exception of Tom Baker, they've all needed at least two or three stories to get their bearings.

I know people will disagree with me, but I think McGann did a terrific job his first time out too and that's despite the poor writing he was settled with.

As far as Smith is concerned, I'm trying to keep an open mind. I'm just hoping he doesn't do a Davison. I've already seen an old man in a young guy's body (get your mind out of the gutter) with Davison and I don't want to see a repeat of that with Smith. I don't want to see a carbon copy performance of Tennant's either.

The other thing that I'm wondering about is Moffat. Some people have kind of hinted that he's going to write the majority of the next series. Is that really neccessary? RTD did it and as much as I liked his stories I do think he would've been better off just steering the ship. I want to see a couple of stories from Moffat, but not the majority because of fear of writer's fatigue.

Oh well. Time will tell. It always does. Geez, that's the second time I used that phrase tonight. cat
Back to top Go down
AC Rempt
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 4:26 am

jfh100970 wrote:

I know people will disagree with me, but I think McGann did a terrific job his first time out too and that's despite the poor writing he was settled with.

I thought he did a nice job as well, but by "finding their bearings," I meant refining their take on the role. For instance, Tennant was very manic in his first few stories. Pertwee was more a comedic when he started, as was McCoy. It would have been nice to see how McGann would have refined the role on TV (versus audio), and it's sad he never got the chance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sophiethedog.com
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:02 am

i should have put this spoiler tag here...it is just too big to write because people would just get too mad at me- the picture is too much of a give away- check out gallifrey base or io9. MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 1:50 pm

greenk9 wrote:
i should have put this spoiler tag here...it is just too big to write because people would just get too mad at me- the picture is too much of a give away- check out gallifrey base or io9. MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER.
im so excited and i just cant hide it. im about to loose controll and i think i like it a hoo hoo. wow! ahem i mean ahhh it wasnt that big a deal im cool.
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 pm

jfh100970 wrote:

I know people will disagree with me, but I think McGann did a terrific job his first time out.

I think McGann did a terrific job too. He took a two hour time slot and managed to establish himself as a Doctor that I'm genuinely sorry I didn't get to see more of. Despite that horrible story, I don't think I ever accepted another actor in the role so quickly.

I would have LOVED if instead of doing the specials in 2009, they did a flashback season with McGann. I know it was never even on the table, but I think that would have been fantastic.

As for Matt Smith... I honestly thought Tennant was too young when I first saw him, and he turned out brilliant. I wasn't sure about Smith until I saw him in costume and it just seemed to click. I also like the way he talks about the role. Very humble and not conceited or anything. I'm expecting some really amazing things from him.

The only thing that depresses me is that for the first time, I'm actually going to be older than the guy playing The Doctor. Wow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Doctor Who Freak
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:06 pm

Look what I just found its a leaked audio clip for the new series!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCUrrAoZag
Back to top Go down
Dalek Thay

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:25 pm

It's not really leaked, it was recorded as Alun Vega

by, not as, sorry. Smile

Last edited by Dalek Thay on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I said as, not by. 21.09.09, I wouldn't have noticed if it was for some posts below! :O)
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:32 pm

o.k. well it does look like we are getting the pepperpots back- seen photos...really wish we did not have a dalek a year story. I love the fellas but do not want them overused.
Back to top Go down
Chuzzlewit
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3864
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:36 pm

Everyone has their favorites. Mine are two and seven. But, I can readily admit that, in many ways, there is Tom Baker, and then there are the rest of the Doctors. Tom Baker, love or hate him, stands out, and towers over the others because he truly made the role his own. The same will be true of Matt Smith. He has the talent and skill to make the Doctor much more alien, and full of quirky randomness, and he will create his own genuine version of the character. Matt Smith has the range and scope to generate an outward heart warming humorous happiness, and an inner conflicted darkness. Moffat knows exactly what he's doing. Traditional fans who want carbon copies may not like it, but those seeking a "good story" sure will. We will have hints of the eccentric Fourth Doctor with the sensibilities of the Virgin New Adventures era. We'll see a Doctor who is part Ziggy Stardust and part Mork from Ork. Funny, witty and extremely alien, an old being in a young man's body. But, over all, the response seems a lot as it was when Davison took the role. At the end of the Day, this will be the most solid and transcendent Doctor Who ever produced. It will be a back to basics approach with an alien who adores humanity, but is nonetheless an alien. For those hoping to see the Doctor Who concept reach maximum potential, the casting of Matt Smith is inspired brilliance. It will be quality first. Will that last in this television market? Time will tell, but we're in for an extremely profound experience.

lol!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 7:55 pm

spoiler...am I the only one who thinks omega is timothy dalton????
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:28 pm

greenk9 wrote:
spoiler...am I the only one who thinks omega is timothy dalton????

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, good answer! Good answer!

bounce
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:00 pm

I think we should all give him a chance first, and wait and see. God, dare I say this, but he may be even better than Tennant? Who knows. Only time will tell....pitty I don't have a TARDIS! Wink

Jon
Back to top Go down
JohnPertwee
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:30 am

Was it Matt Smith on the left behind Dalton?

Was that Romana on his right? She is also the woman talking to Wilf, and telling him to say nothing to The Doctor. She could have been The White Guardian as well, but why would she be standing with The Time Lords?

Roll on next year!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 5:59 pm

the other theory kicking around the forums was that she is the doc's mom...of course I do wish she was Romanna...but I could only hope. Still think she is good but the timelords are quite obviously the baddies here. We know the doc will regenerate...but just wondering if they are going to take it a step further and make him immortal?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:08 pm

Nice one there Greeny! Looking forward to your 11th Doctor 'Happy man' cartoon avatar after you fall in love with Matt's Doctor.

I am actually looking forward to this new Doctor.
Back to top Go down

Official 11th Doctor Thread
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next