bret_owen99
ozjenny
LakeErieMonster
CJSchmidt
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What do you think of the choice?
Brilliant!
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 24 ]
We'll see... they can always move on to 12 if it doesn't work out.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Vote_lcap43%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 38 ]
HUGE mistake.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 8 ]
In Moffat we trust.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 89

AuthorMessage
Christian
Christian

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm a fan of the books... so the idea that the 11th Doctor is kneeling there, covering his eyes, unable to witness events cause he has yet to be 'born' is cool! If you look, in one of the scenes in the next time trailer, that same Time Lord is kneeling, covering his eyes as the Doctor turns and fires Wilf's gun... It's just very... New Adventure-esque and that's what I have come to like in Doctor Who, I'm very much a product of the so-called 'Wilderness Years'...
Back to top Go down
http://www.christiankern.com
gunzlingr
gunzlingr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:31 pm

I think Smith will do just fine.
Back to top Go down
Gunny
Gunny

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:57 am

I wanted to hold off my initial impressions until I fully watched The End of Time. My initial reaction to Matt as Doctor 11, was WOW, SHOW ME MORE! I thought his voice was perfect and his laughing when he was going back to the TARDIS console after realizing that he was crashing had me hooked. I am now eagerly anticipating that 11 will be my favorite of the new series.
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:50 am

I am very excited about the new series as well. I also believe if you are a fan, you are a fan. It doesn't matter who the Doctor is, it's still the Doctor. Even a bad episode is still enjoyable to me. I will not pass judgment on an actor I have never seen. I haven't even seen the preview clip since it won't play on a US computer. My only hope for this new season is that they explore more time periods and more tropical or jungle environments, as well as outdoor settings. I know that sounds stupid, but it seems the new series takes place so much in the present or Victorian age, or aboard a space craft. I would also like to see a departure from Daleks and Cybermen (the latter especially) and see more classic enemies revisited. There is just so much they can do!

Well, I just watched my recorded Demons episode and saw the new Who series preview. Looks interesting. So I see some Daleks, Screaming Angels, female vampires, what look like amphibian people (could these be new Silurians?) a very attractive ginger companion! Could be good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
DrWhosAce
DrWhosAce

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 pm

I started with Tom Baker way back in the 80's and it's clear that David brought in a whole new generation to Dr Who. It looks like they replaced him with a Geek. I'm all for giving him a chance, but there is no way he can fill the shoes he just stepped in. I hope they haven't just shot themselves in the foot.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:05 am

DrWhosAce wrote:
I started with Tom Baker way back in the 80's and it's clear that David brought in a whole new generation to Dr Who. It looks like they replaced him with a Geek. I'm all for giving him a chance, but there is no way he can fill the shoes he just stepped in. I hope they haven't just shot themselves in the foot.

I wouldn't say there is no way Matt Smith can fill David Tennant's shoes. We haven't seen anything the guy can do yet. As far as him being replaced with a geek, well no offense my friend, but what exactly are you (seeings as you're posting on DW forums)? There's nothing wrong with being a geek, we make the world better.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:24 pm

I would say I'm about a 5 on the 1-10 excitement/dread scale. My unease at Matt Smith (and replacing Tennant in general) is balanced pretty evenly with my trust in Steven Moffat. I'm most interested in the ways they are trying to bring in more elements of Classic Who and blend it with New Who (from what I've heard). I'll be there with a big cup of tea and a smile on my face this spring.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:41 pm

CJSchmidt wrote:
I'll be there with a big cup of tea and a smile on my face this spring.

As always, I'll make a day of it watching all the Who I can fit in before the new Who. Perhaps I'll throw in some beans on toast.

***Seeing as I drink tea anyways I had to think of something British-esque to throw in lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:02 am

Has anyone seen this trailer yet ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/newyear/

Can't wait now!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:30 pm

oooh looks like they are filming at stonehenge!!! Hmm are they going to bring back the ogre? The stones of blood was one of my favorite episodes- I think it is terribly mad and brilliant to have killer stones. Anyway..spoiler- we will get more of the saga of river song. When we first met her- and she knew the doctor and told us that he looked different, that was when I knew that the rumors of tennant leaving were true...I really think River Song is going to be a mystery, jsut like the doc...they will keep teasing us and never really define who she really is...I'm starting to get more excited...come on spring!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thete
Thete

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:48 am

Personaly, I dont mind how old the actor is, as long as he can act like a 906 year old last lord of time and space. I dont think years of acting or experiance can give you the skill to do that. Its something youve either got or you havnt, and weve yet to see if Matty has it. However, i do still have some concerns about the new series. The whole thing looks just a bit tweeny. Partly because of the young doctor, but also because of his still younger companion. Also Vampires in Venice just screams Twilight to me. Still I may be wrong Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:59 pm

syfy.com had a new trailer this week, he's talking to amy pond and she's asking about stars. Kinda a got a good chill up my spine when she asked about a blinking star and he appologized and said he thought he fixed that. He seems to have the character down pretty good, from what I can tell. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 10:18 pm

early press reviews seems quite promising....getting excited...come on april!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 am

Just read on the Doctor Who Newspage that there will be another DW series in 2011 and Matt Smith will continue playing the Doctor for this series too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:17 am

jfh1970 wrote:
Just read on the Doctor Who Newspage that there will be another DW series in 2011 and Matt Smith will continue playing the Doctor for this series too.

Yeah. I heard he signed a contract for 3 years. So we're 'stuck' with him untill 2012 Twisted Evil Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:42 pm

O...M...G! New trailer! AWESOME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT_j2uw4b3w&feature=related

Cybermen...Grr! Really hoped they'd be a new design!

Daleks = awesome!

And oh my gosh, a better view at the TARDIS interior! It looks abit like a cross between the TVM console and Tom's secondary console room!!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:04 pm

ok, i know i'm in the minority here. not impressed. with him. with amy pond. with the wannabe twilight vampires. i don't see anything that resembles the old series. all i see is flashy previews reminiscent of twilight and every other "tween" concept right now.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:26 am

Really? The more I see of Matt, the more excited I get about where it seems he's taking the character. There seems to be plenty of Troughton in his Doctor, and more than a little Davison. I'm betting you'll be pleasantly surprised, Bret.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:32 am

i hope so. i don't want to sound like freddy krueger here, but i really hate all the "kid" fads nowadays. it seems like everything is aimed at young people now. every show, whether it be about lawyers or doctors(no pun intended), is filled with 20 year olds. even vampires are teenagers. everything is filled with angst and misery. really, what do kids know about angst or misery? i hate to rant, and i know it's off topic, but i'm turning 32 this year, and i've just hit the worst stuff in my life. everything before now has been a cake walk. but we're supposed to buy that all these "tweens" and 20 year olds have life experience, and knowledge, and drama???? makes me want to watch tv shows from the 70's(including dr. who), when actors were valued for their performance, not what they would look like with they're shirt off.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:46 am

Every generation has said that about every successive generation's spin on the media of the day. This, my friend, is just what happens when you get old: the annoying whippersnappers seem like they're taking over...just like they did when WE were the whippersnappers. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:31 pm

scarywood wrote:
O...M...G! New trailer! AWESOME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT_j2uw4b3w&feature=related

Cybermen...Grr! Really hoped they'd be a new design!

Daleks = awesome!

And oh my gosh, a better view at the TARDIS interior! It looks abit like a cross between the TVM console and Tom's secondary console room!!

When I saw the trailer the other day, as soon as I saw the Dalek I yelled, "WANT! WANT! WANT!"

I've already got a Dalek that I'm going to customize to look like that one, complete with canvas web belt and webgear! I took three caps to make sure that I'd have good enough details, and I really really really hope that they make a series 5 Dalek toy! I'd buy a bunch!
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 pm

The more I see of Matt Smith the more optimistic I get about his Doctor. I have to admit that his age really threw me off, but considering that he reminds me of the 2nd Doctor so much these days I don't think it's going to be an issue after all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:22 pm

OMG!! Look at this videos, its the opening scene!! AARRGGGHHH!! My stomach hurts with excitement!!!!!! cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--AojHAhaFc&feature=sub
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Notice how there's a Big Ben chime at the very end? Maybe the TARDIS actually crashes into it!
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:27 pm

God I can't freaking wait!

Being a U.S. fan I have to rely on bit torrent to get my Who fix until the DVD's come out (I don't even get BBC America on my cable system).

Unfortunately, I learned that right after The End of Time, my trusted source since day one will no longer to provide us eager U.S. Whovians with our regular fix.

I'm praying someone steps up to the plate and fills her shoes because I CANNOT wait for the DVD's to see this!
Back to top Go down

Official 11th Doctor Thread
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next