bret_owen99
ozjenny
LakeErieMonster
CJSchmidt
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What do you think of the choice?
Brilliant!
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Vote_lcap27%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 24 ]
We'll see... they can always move on to 12 if it doesn't work out.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Vote_lcap43%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 38 ]
HUGE mistake.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Vote_lcap9%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 8 ]
In Moffat we trust.
Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Vote_lcap21%Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 89

AuthorMessage
beep
beep

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:38 pm

BAD NATURE FOR KIDDIES!!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:13 am

Clavius wrote:
Just started playing around with making animated .gifs from video clips. Never knew how to do that before.

Sigh, it's a shame you can't use them as your avatar here. I just made this really nifty one because I really love this scene...

Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 Teneleven

You can try resizing it or even better host it elsewhere and use a link to pull it in.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:17 pm

So 80% through the season and I'm begging for a regeneration
finale.

I mainly think it's the writing but I find myself rooting against
the Doctor almost always since he seems very inept in his duties as a Timelord.

A big waste of a Who slot so far.

12 better be someone great.

Patrick Stewart comes to mind,he'd make for a great Valeyard too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Brain of Davros wrote:
So 80% through the season and I'm begging for a regeneration
finale.

I mainly think it's the writing but I find myself rooting against
the Doctor almost always since he seems very inept in his duties as a Timelord.

A big waste of a Who slot so far.

12 better be someone great.

Patrick Stewart comes to mind,he'd make for a great Valeyard too.

Same here. I wish it could be David Morrissey. Sad

His performance impressed me so much he's my unofficial "12th reincarnation".
~
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who Freak
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:18 pm

Am I the only one who who thinks Matt is one of the best doctors? I just think he's so alien and weird, and that's what the doctor is! Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Doctor Who Freak wrote:
Am I the only one who who thinks Matt is one of the best doctors? I just think he's so alien and weird, and that's what the doctor is! Smile

Ymmv naturally. Wink

~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Doctor Who Freak wrote:

I agree. Eleven totally rocks, and Matt Smith is awesome. I love the youthful energy he puts into the role, the maturity the Doctor has to have, and yet maintaining the slight scatterbrained scientist bit. No complaints from me!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:39 pm

I have only seen the first four episdoes, but I have liked what I have seen, as far as The Doctor is concerned.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Doctor Who Freak wrote:

As a huge David Tennant fan, you know, Ten is MY DOCTOR and all...I was very skeptical about Matt Smith even being cast in the role...but he has turned out to be absolutely wonderful...so much so that he's my second favorite! Truly one of the best!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:57 pm

I really am starting to feel the series picking up after the angels episodes. To be honest- I felt a little to sad about tennant leaving and truthfully taking a little too much time to like matt. The Vampires of Venice- really got the right fit of humour and drama- the first few were kind of...well awkward...brilliant in bits..but something not quite fitting. The truth is you sort have to see the whole picture...all of the episodes to make the puzzle fit. Now I am getting to like the earlier bits a little more. I feel really excited about the finale...and warming up to matt as the doc.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:18 pm

I love Matt as well! He is in my top 4 Doctors list. Wish I will not mentioned, except for #1, Mr. Pertwee. My only disappointment is that Sean Pertwee did not get the role. That would have been so cool. Maybe he can play the Master!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 am

I really liked Matt right away in "Eleventh Hour." He didn't need to grow on me as some other Doctors have had to (even Tennant). That being said, I don't believe this series is doing much to serve him. The stories since (up to "Cold Blood," which is the last one I've seen at the time of this posting) have been mediocre to dissapointing at best, and I know I'm going to catch a lot of guff for this, but I'm not real impressed with Amy as a companion.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:10 pm

That sense of arrogance they all have running around and
promising the Doctor will fix everything all the time is nerve
racking and made me glad that Tennant died in the end.

So with Matt picking it up aswell it's just really annoying to
say the least.

I think if Morrisey came back as a companion for atleast
1 season it would make for Greatness!

Just think a whole season of Two Doctors!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:03 pm

i like matt, but the worst part in the new series(in my opinion) are the big boisterous speeches that moffat writes, the doctor telling aliens to run, you shouldn't put him in a trap, etc. makes his doc seem as big an egotistical jerk as the 6th doctor. all the other episodes, though, matt smith as the 11th doc are brill, especially vincent and the doctor! his talk with amy at the end broke my heart, and smith was able to pull off serious, as well as funny moments in that episode. not to mention in the lodger, where he was almost jim carey from the cable guy, hijacking someone's life.
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:35 am

That's amusing, as the big, boisterous speeches are just about the only things I like from this season. The Doctor is arrogant, and he's rather earned the right to be.

I'm not fond of Matt Smith as the Doctor, though I think the actor for Amy is cool, but I have a problem with the character of Amy (the writing part).

Like, the whole bit of, basically saying, since you can't save Everyone, what's the point of you? I wanted to smack her. Here's a guy... intelligent, talented, capable, and more importantly, who passionately cares about saving lives and doing the right thing, and here he is working his damnedest to save lives, and she dismisses everything he's striving for, because he isn't God, and occasionally fails, or suffers partial successes?

She's an arrogant twat, but unlike the Doctor who, despite his arrogance, is willing and even eager to see areas that he could be wrong in, to reconsider his viewpoints, she makes stupid, retarded assumptions and doesn't consider that she might be wrong. Like in the episode Amy's Choice, where she flat out insists that the Doctor trusts her more than anyone else, ever.

Love the actress, love the spirit, the fire, but absolutely loathe that particular character flaw. If it changes, if she changes, to become reasonably openminded, I'd probably like her, but now... bleh.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 am

I think Matt Smith is brilliant, and ANY doubts I had about him were buried once "The Eleventh Hour" was over. Case closed.

========================================
...^o^CORVUS^o^
Doctor Who: The Winds of Time
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
Vicki
Vicki

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:57 pm

^o^CORVUS^o^ wrote:
I think Matt Smith is brilliant, and ANY doubts I had about him were buried once "The Eleventh Hour" was over. Case closed.

...^o^CORVUS^o^

I agree most emphatically!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm still missing Ten something fierce. I'm also missing the actual alien creatures like the cat people, the Face of Boe, and other characters that were actual characters rather than a bunch of humans running around. Nothing in series 5 has exactly had that. Sad

~
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:08 pm

khana wrote:

Like, the whole bit of, basically saying, since you can't save Everyone, what's the point of you? I wanted to smack her. Here's a guy... intelligent, talented, capable, and more importantly, who passionately cares about saving lives and doing the right thing, and here he is working his damnedest to save lives, and she dismisses everything he's striving for, because he isn't God, and occasionally fails, or suffers partial successes?

I wasn't going to say anything, because we pretty much disagree entirely about Amy, but I felt I had to make this point:

It wasn't because he couldn't save Everyone, it was because he couldn't save Rory. This is the man that Amy has just realized she truly loves, and you expect her not to be angry or to lash out in her grief?

Amy's not perfect, but that's part of why I do like her...
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Vicki wrote:

I wasn't going to say anything, because we pretty much disagree entirely about Amy, but I felt I had to make this point:

It wasn't because he couldn't save Everyone, it was because he couldn't save Rory. This is the man that Amy has just realized she truly loves, and you expect her not to be angry or to lash out in her grief?

Amy's not perfect, but that's part of why I do like her...

*shrugs* I guess it's a matter of personal taste, there. No one's perfect... none of the companions have been. And most of the character flaws of the previous companions I've liked well enough.

It's just this particular character flaw, as I perceive it, that I particularly loathe, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Vicki wrote:
Indeed, Vicki. I wholeheartedly concur.

When people are emotionally overwrought or in physical pain (or both), they can say the most loathsome things, things that they don't truly mean. When you're hurt, sometimes you lash out, sometimes at the people you care for because deep down you suspect that they'll forgive you for being irrational.

Amy lashing out in that fashion was a very human, very realistic reaction, and was actually a more restrained outburst than many people tend to show at times of high-stress.

I mean, if your best friend had just lost their fiancee' or spouse in a terrible accident, and they happened to lash out verbally at you, would you just blanket write them off, or chalk it up to the stress they were under and be a bit tolerant and forgiving?

Its very simple, really. People have feet of clay. People err. Always have, and always will.

...^o^CORVUS^o^
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Personally, I love Matt.

He brings a unique air to the show. He's an elderly man one minute, a big, happy dog dragging his companions by his leash behind him the next.

He's certainly a far cry from the Brooding days of Eccelston and Tennant. I loved both their runs, but by the end of the Fourth Season I was really getting tired of how the writing always gave Tennant an excuse to brood and look menacing. Thanks to his performance in "Waters of Mars" (Which was brilliant, by the way), I was ready for Tennant to leave and Smith to step in.

You can talk about arrogance all you'd like, but at least Eleven hasn't proclaimed himself "Time Lord Victorious" yet.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:18 pm

Welcome to the board Smile

...^o^CORVUS^o^
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:27 pm

^o^CORVUS^o^ wrote:
Welcome to the board Smile

I figure the avatar's appropriate since you brought me here. Razz
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: Official 11th Doctor Thread    Official 11th Doctor Thread  - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Indeed! Smile Glad you chose to join us. Its the most friendly WHO-forum I've found. Heck, its one of the most friendly forums I've found PERIOD.

...^o^CORVUS^o^
Back to top Go down

Official 11th Doctor Thread
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next