CJSchmidt
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] Empty
PostSubject: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 3:51 pm

This is a place for people to discuss the next Doctor.

Who should play him? What kind of personality should he have? Should he be ginger?

For those who like a surprise: Be careful reading below - the BBC isn't good at keeping secrets.

UPDATE: The 11th Doctor has been announced by the BBC.
Please use the official 11th Doctor thread.

Last edited by CJSchmidt on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Robin Williams for Doctor 11!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 5:15 pm

I've posted this elsewhere, but to get things rolling...

The regeneration idea (in the new series) seems to be that the next Doctor is a reflection of how he has grown during his past incarnation. 10 is a lot like 9 minus a lot of the pain and regret - with a few shakes of ADD to kick things up a notch.

I'd like to see the 4 specials take place over a long period of time. The Doctor has many adventures, romances River Song, and finds some peace. By the time he regenerates, he is ready to move on. (This also leaves lots of space for 10th Doctor novels and Big Finish audios some day)

The next Doctor should be older and more restrained. I imagine a more adventurous Giles from Buffy.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 7:27 pm

One thing I really do not want him to be is patronizing and officious. I would like him to be unpredictable, curious and child like but not in a over the top comical way. I always like the way the doctor can unsettle his foes by using his brain rather than a weapon. He also can talk his way out of trouble and convince anyone to see his way- so for me sexy, sassy, daring, dashing and bohemian...that's my kind of doctor.
Back to top Go down
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:54 pm

Sean Pertwee
Bill Bailey
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:01 pm

I've really had to consider this one. What do I want from the next Doctor? Should he be older, younger, same age? Should he be conservative or risque? Do I want simple confidence or occasional arrogance? Moments of brilliance or moments of stammering to appear brilliant? All in all I would really want him to just stay the 10th Doctor, but since we must move ever onward, I have chosen a choice that may seem a little off...

Rowan Atkinson.

Yes, I know Mr Bean is a more recognized moniker, and based on that character not serious enough, but look at some of the range in Black Adder(s). He can be serious in some settings and if they played his Doctor similar to the role he played in "The Curse of Fatal Death" minus all the fart jokes and off color humor, I'd find him believable. Also not to much of a stretch considering our new head writer worked with Atkinson to create that story for the children in need. Probably not where they'll go, but a passing thought anyway.
Back to top Go down
fotogeek

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:21 pm

gregtdj wrote:

Rowan Atkinson.

OOoo...no more "Allons-y!", instead: "I have a cunning plan....".
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 12:19 am

Hugh Bonneville... WHO? you are asking yourself. He has appeared in the Winston Churchill movie The Gathering Storm 2002 and most recently in Filth The Mary Whitehouse story.

He would be able to bring a more middle aged serious portrayal. I nice change from the Tennant portrayal.

And as it is the next to last regeneration, he could be portrayed as realizing that his battles are coming to an end.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 3:41 am

BILL NIGHY
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:55 pm

really starting to believe that this patterson fella has the role. just like when eccelston was going to leave they had tennant lined up well before the parting of the ways was filmed.
Why patterson- well dwm has him down as the fav but not only that the bbc website today gave an interview that obviously does not answer the question but this teaser is a better source than the sun or mirror of course.
Back to top Go down
michaeldates
michaeldates

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: No vote for Paterson Joseph   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Sorry! But I feel that the hiring of Paterson as the 11th would feel very odd and could lead to the most hard core fans feeling that the show is relying on a gimmick, a crutch rather than something revolutionary.! I have no doubt that Moffat will do well as Head Writer. He has written wonderfully for Jekyll and Coupling, both gripping shows. I fear that the first black Doctor or the first female Doctor would be opening up the gates for fans to feel 'disenfranchised'. I would prefer to keep the Time Lord male white and quirky. No matter if he is bald, short, young, old, dashing, etc.
Not sexist, not racial--just the fear of "jumping the shark"
Back to top Go down
michaeldates
michaeldates

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Speaking of "Coupling" and "Jekyll"--Richard Coyle played a quirky git named Jeff in "Coupling". He would fit nicely! Also, James Nesbitt from "Jekyll" would bring that guy in his late 40s kind of father figure to the role. In Jekyll he masterfully handled playing a reserved mellow guy and then his counterpart, a sexy, homicidal, scarily comical fiend. Decent range! More than enough for the Doctor
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:48 pm

oops! I think someone let something that should not have slipped out...spoiler maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TUcXlTXfHU
Back to top Go down
Sergiusbulgakov

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 11:45 am

http://davidtennant.albumpost.com/album878/aan

Another possible "slip," for someone else...
Back to top Go down
http://vox-nova.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 12:34 pm

maybe he is the meddling monk?
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 1:20 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
maybe he is the meddling monk?

Good answer! Good answer!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 1:57 pm

We did get the Macra, so the Monk wouldnt be too far of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 2:11 pm

oh would love if he were the meddling monk. ah that photo is a fun spoiler- love the guessing
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:54 pm

ouchie...poor tennant slipped a disk in his back and is due for surgery tommorow...hope poor fella will be well enough to do who next month. A slipped disk is extremely painful and recovery is a long time.
Back to top Go down
scoodee
scoodee

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Bring back Tom. I mean how awesome would that be?
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]   Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?] EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:50 pm

Doctor 11 has been officially announced by the BBC.
Check out the Official 11th Doctor thread.
Back to top Go down

Predictions and theories: the 11th Doctor [Spoilers?]
Page 1 of 1