25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mattix
mattix

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

11th Doctor's Outfit Empty
PostSubject: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:33 am

11th Doctor's Outfit _46086374_doctor_who226long

I rekon it looks awsome, especially the boots!

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:49 am

When I read the description of the costume I thought a re-tread of 2nd Doctor. From the photo itself, sorry not impressed. I guess until I see him live in action in an episode will I get any enthusiam going for the 11th.

Here's another photo of the duo standing along with a very new looking external TARDIS.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2009/07/series-5-filming-begins.html
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:57 am

It's sort of a Patrick/David amalgam. I like it! (Looks more Patrick than David the more I look at it, not that that's a bad thing.)

I like how she's wearing Davids maroon Chucks!

The TARDIS looks kinda weird though, a little cartoony or something. I don't like the white frames around the windows.

OK, so when is the figure coming out?
Back to top Go down
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:33 am

Over at the K we have come to the conclusion that it is Very Indiana Jones (temple of doom) mixed with pat Troughton.

I like it to be honest, not my first choice for him but it works. the New TARDIS updates look pretty good as well, bit of a shock when seeing that blue but still looks good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:45 am

It is very dull and the bow tie doesn't help. The personality he brings will ultimately decide whether it actually suits him or not for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 am

David's Doctor had such a slick style to him with the pinstripe suits, tie and of course the Chuck Taylors.

Smith looks so...nerdy. But I mean that in a good way, he looks good. In spite of the floods and bowtie.

And the new companion? Absolutely adorable! She's scottish so I wonder if she's going to keep her accent or pull a Brit accent like David did.

Since Smith's look so much resembles Troughton's, (I just noticed he's even wearing suspenders) it would be kind of cool to have "Amy" be a female "Jamie" to go along with it. (And I dig women with scottish accents Wink )
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:00 am

To quote the 2nd Doctor from the Five Doctors..."You've had this place redecorated,.. don't like it."

The TARDIS looks too, I dont know 'forced retro' is the only way I can describe it. Maybe he is supposed to be a pre-Hartnell style Doctor?

I wait to see how they perform before I judge the actors.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:50 am

This is ironic, I just got a tweed jacket like that for my Indiana Jones costume! And I have been redoing a TARDIS bank to look like Hartnell's. Didn't realize I was predicting things!

I think the TARDIS does look a bit to clean and new....but the costume is interesting to me, something simple, dignafied and speaks of a professor at a university.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:13 pm

A much bigger version of that image can be found here: http://www.sfx.co.uk/resources/sfx/200709Doctor%20Who.jpg.

I also find it interesting how retro they are going, both with the costume and the TARDIS itself. They even put the St. John Ambulance label back on! :doc1: Now I'm really interested to see what they've done with the interior.

And Amy Pond is kind of a silly name. But no sillier than Sally Sparrow or River Song, I suppose.

Oh, BTW, guess who was spotted on location in Cardiff during shooting for DW?
Spoiler:
Link: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2544807/Filming-begins-on-new-Doctor-Who.html Yes, I know it's The Sun, but they have pictures to prove it. Just check out the slideshow.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:16 pm

The companion having an evil ex girlfriends name doesnt endear it to me. Where are those Blakes 7 tapes?
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 1:11 pm

not to burst the negativity bubble but i remember when i saw christopher eccleston shots in his leather jacket and solid black look with a near crew cut hair style and i thought "complete disaster". and when i saw shots of the interior of the tardis i was not impressed. but they both grew on me almost instantly. and i just want to go on record and say that tennant had to grow on me a little because eccleston was so good in one season even though i knew he was leaving i didnt want him to go. and i didnt and still dont think that his first coulple of eps were that great. i only say the aformentioned because i know when matt smith has his first eps good or bad opinion will go either way. so i guess what im saying is he still looks better than colin baker era and sylvester mcoy combined, the tardis dosent bother me and im still going to wait to see him in action before i weigh in on him. i mean the doctor dances, blink, girl in the fire place, as far as im concerned they could have casted will wheaton as the doctor and it would be near impossible to screw this up.

peace fellow whovians.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 1:20 pm

I might be in the minority here, but so far, I like what I see! The TARDIS looking more like Hartnell's is reassuring for some reason, and I love that the youngest Doctor to-date has adopted an outfit cobbled together from "Old Man" clothes! I was really hoping the writers/producers would take comedic advantage of the incongruity between Matt Smith's youth and the Doctor's great age, and the steps I see taken here suggest to me they're doing just that.

I trust SM as a writer, and after seeing these first visual cues of the new series' direction, I'm really feeling some enthusiasm for #11!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Wow. Some serious Troughton vibe going on here. So far I can't say I dig the style on it's own merit, but it's all about how it comes together on screen. Is there a chance that Tardis exterior hadn't been weathered yet? It also looks a lot bigger than the previous version (maybe it's just my imagination). I'm glad Amy is wearing Chucks - a great way to keep a little piece of #10 in the show.

I heard rumors that Moffat was ditching the "costume" concept in favor of a particular style of clothing. Anyone heard if this is true or not?
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 4:46 pm

The style-over-costume thing makes sense. #s 3, 4, and to a lesser extent, 7, 9 and 10 all wore multiple variations on individual themes rather than singular costumes, and I wouldn't mind seeing some more experimentation in a similar vein. If you look at the three costumes we saw #7 in, there's a real progression there, and it might be cool to see such a progression on-screen.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:15 pm

I really like the new costume! I think it'll look great in action. It looks cool in the other pics...
11th Doctor's Outfit S640x640
11th Doctor's Outfit 0012h71k

Also love the Hartnellesque TARDIS. Smile
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:59 pm

lol I rekon this guys already my favorite doctor!

Well tennent didnt have a set style of clothing he sorta switched between the blue and the brown, so it'll probally just be same with this dude,

I had no idea they gong to use a new tardis, it is just me or does it look a little bigger then the previous one?
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:58 am

I think that's an optical illusion. The doors on the previous version were 6'10" tall, and I'd imagine these are pretty close to that. It's probably got a taller base, and the roof is stacked high like Hartnell's TARDIS. both of which make it look bigger (plus, I don't think Matt Smith is as tall as #s 9 and 10).
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:23 am

I think I see the saint john's logo, yay Hartnell!
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:18 pm

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/

More pics on this site.

Looks like he's getting a new Sonic Screwdriver to match - a mix between the current and retro prop.

I can't help feeling a little sad that Tennant's last few episodes as the Doctor will have to compete with all this news about the shows new direction and changes.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Wow, Crash of the Byzantium. Love the continuity for River's story.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:56 pm

I wouldnt mind if like the first Doctor he didnt have a sonic screwdriver. That thing is way too much of a crutch these days. Mind you, that could be the companions screwdriver. I havent heard anything about her backstory as yet. Maybe she is River Song! River Song - Amy Pond. Maybe it is the red hair that is making me think it. scratch Suspect OK OK I am bored tonight and unfortunately, when that happens, I start to think, not a good thing. alien
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
I wouldnt mind if like the first Doctor he didnt have a sonic screwdriver. That thing is way too much of a crutch these days. Mind you, that could be the companions screwdriver. I havent heard anything about her backstory as yet. Maybe she is River Song! River Song - Amy Pond. Maybe it is the red hair that is making me think it. scratch Suspect OK OK I am bored tonight and unfortunately, when that happens, I start to think, not a good thing. alien

i agree. somtimes when hoards of daleks are comming at the doctor i wonder why he doesnt just pull out the sonic. it reminds me of the good old days of playing d&d and my very stern but fair friend who was always the dm because he was the only one mature enough to do it would destroy certian items like a flying carpet, etc because they became to much of a save all cruch.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:18 am

Another thing, maybe the Tardis isnt bigger, maybe Matt Smith is smaller. I havent looked at any Tennant next to the TARDIS pics today, but I thought he was as tall as the top of the windows.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:50 am

jeez, i don't want to be the only negative one here, but am i the only one who saw the pictures and thought of crispin glover from back to the future? i mean, 9 and 10's outfits could fit in almost anywhere, but this belongs in the 50's.
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:12 am

LOL

George McFly...

gold
Back to top Go down

11th Doctor's Outfit
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next