Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' Empty
PostSubject: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 am

Much as I hate to cite the Sun as a source, here it is:

Quote :
Nintendo has agreed a contract said to be worth over £10 million to create the
much-anticipated game for its popular Wii and DS consoles. And the firm is planning to get it into shops in time for the lucrative
Christmas market.

Quote :
"We're delighted to have finally nailed down a deal. We went with Nintendo as
they have huge appeal for families and Doctor Who is very much a family
brand. "The Wii console is key for us as it's something families play together."

Quote :
The game will be closely monitored by the BBC, which does not want anything
too violent. Former Doctor David Tennant said the game had struggled to get off the ground
as some developers had wanted the Time Lord to beat up his enemies and blow
things up.
Hello! Wii remote = sonic screwdriver. DUH. It was a struggle to make THAT connection?

I'm excited by the prospect that Nintendo is working directly on this as a first-party title; I've got a Wii and several games, and naturally Nintendo has a better grasp than most other developers of how to do a decent game on the Wii. The first-party titles are always the best on this particular machine.

I just hope they don't forget to make it available on this continent!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:46 am

Their DS games are great too!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:37 am

FRAK! Now I have to buy a Wii, a machine I previously had ZERO interest in buying...much like God of War III has forced me to buy a PS3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:41 pm

I hate games consoles unless I've watched an action movie within the same 2 hours, then I wanna jump on a game like CoD and destroy everyone I see.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Unfortunately, unless they release a US version of the Wii game, it won't work over here. This was the problem with the Wii Top Trumps Doctor Who game.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Oh...there are ways Wink
Back to top Go down
Osbourne
Osbourne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:08 pm

exilea wrote:
Oh...there are ways Wink
???
Back to top Go down
http://www.impulsecreations.net
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:11 pm

...ways probably very frowned upon to say the least. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:44 pm

you mean a bit of "jiggery-pokery" as the Doctor would say?

So glad I didnt get into the techno craze!
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow Wink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:38 am

So here's a question for those pondering the future of Doctor Who as a video game/computer game property:

Could the Doctor Who universe have MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) potential? Discuss.
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'   11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!' EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Earl Green wrote:
So here's a question for those pondering the future of Doctor Who as a video game/computer game property:

Could the Doctor Who universe have MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) potential? Discuss.

That is interesting. Probably not with any of the Doctors or companions but perhaps with civilizations he/they have saved. Could have plenty of the baddies though. I'd definitely be on board for something like this Smile
Back to top Go down

11th Doc to shout both 'Geronimo!' and 'WII!'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: