25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:17 pm

This looks interesting.

***pulls up chair and leans in***

Oh no...wait...I see it. I believe you've got your whosit mixed up with your whatsits. Let's see if I can help.

mysterylad wrote:

Did I do something to piss you off? Why is this a subject to waste energy on being angry about? Whether it was intended or not, the Twilight look isn't what they ended up going with, so we're not stuck with it. What's the big deal?

Bret_Owen99 was probably responding as a result of the comment you made about the look of the tardis...

mysterylad wrote:
Cinematography 101: Don't judge the color of the new TARDIS until you see it on the show, properly lit as the production crew intended. We haven't seen any captures yet; all we've seen are set photos, for which the lighting scheme and the colors of the props weren't intended.

Which you posted after him...

bret_owen99 wrote:
the new tardis looks "colorized" to me, more cartoony than real. but it also means they can make all new merchandise to sell(and i'm sure that's why they changed it)

Your post may not have been directed at Bret_Owen99 directly but the tone and placement come off a little too condescending. Might have gone over better with an opener of "Alright everyone, let's review Cinematography 101" or something along those lines.

***gets up and head for fridge and a cold one. Cold root beer that is.***
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 pm

Hmm...you may be on to something. I type like I talk; unfortunately, the Internet doesn't allow one's vocal inflection to come through and take the edge off a comment that might be otherwise misread as snarky.

Probably won't be the last time... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:43 pm

I so like the bow tie- is that wrong? Honestly he could wear a purple jumpsuit with elton john glasses and carry a green terrier- appearances are superficial....
I remember people on outpost g saying tennant looked like a weasel before he played the role- ha- he turned out to be mighty good and shunned the critics.
On sort of that subject about outfits- so many times it has been said that colin bakers outfit really turned people off...it was hard for many to get past it-which was a shame really because he was a really good doctor...
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:01 pm

hey mysterylad, no offense. i have nothing against you, and i actually enjoy most of your posts. i'm sorry my comments were taken the wrong way. i have nothing against you, i was just trying to make a point. you had a theory, which i'm sure may have also been put out by the bbc. personally i don't buy that theory(it's like religion, we each believe what we like, and i'm not telling you what to believe, or what is right).

personally, i gagged when i saw the promo photos/videos of matt smith. i'm sure there was a lot of fans who did the same thing(and i'm sure there were fans who liked the look, and others who didn't care). i was upset enough when i learned how young the new doctor was, and then to see a blatant twilight ripoff, it turned my stomach. doctor who has never copied anything popular before, and i don't think it should try to emulate anything else(it is a persona unto its own). even colin baker's outfit, as nauseating as it was, was unique, and not copying anything else.

i use this forum to express myself, just like those who liked the outfit did. i point out my theories, and speculations about what happened, just like everyone else. i'm not trying to rip on you, but i will rip on the powers at the bbc. i could be wrong, but i don't remember any publicity photos of ce, or dt, in anything but their actual tv threads.
Back to top Go down
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:33 pm

It's not a stretch of the imagination for one to think that BBC decided to change the 11th Doctor's duds due to the overwhelmingly negative reaction of the fan base around the world.

No one knows for sure and BBC would likely never say so anyway, so why bother getting miffed about such a debate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:40 am

newton, i just hope that by expressing myself, maybe, just maybe, they won't try something like that again(i.e. a new tardis). doctor "twilight" might one day be a catchphrase like "new" coke was. something they tried to shove on the consumer, and we spit back in their face. besides, i just like ranting. i'm a complainer(at least i admit it).
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 2:12 am

I still find it hard to believe that outfit was ever seriously considered, if only because it's boring. The one critique that Eccleston's Doctor consistently got was that his outfit was dull and lacked distinction; that won't be a mistake they make again, especially not when trying to re-brand the whole show.

Does anyone know if the whole Twilight thing as big in the UK as it is here? Surely the cradle of English-language literature wouldn't embrace a hack writer like Stephanie Meyer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:16 am

I think the "Twilight Doctor" was just a publicity shot of Matt Smith in front of a Tardis prop, not the 11th Doctor in front of his Tardis.

It looks to me like Moffat is trying to take the quality and pacing of New Who and wrap it around a show a little more like Classic Who, which frankly, sounds wonderful to me.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:10 pm

I like the look of the TARDIS, myself. As may folks have said, very Hartnell and I'm all for that. The costume to me lacks any originality or distinction. Every Doctor has had a unique "look" whether its capes, scarves, cricket outfits, color disasters, etc. Even when the clothes are just clothes "off the rack" like Eccleston's or Tennant's, they seem to have "character." Speaking of Hartnell, has anyone else noticed that the show seems to be getting younger and younger? I was hoping for an older Doctor. Not quite a Hartnell, but a Tom Baker or Jon Pertwee - aged Doctor would have been nice. There are a lot of great middle-aged British actors who would have been good choices. I have faith in Moffat and will anxiously wait and see. I'm sure it will all be fine, but I'm not as excited as I wished I would be. Except for the retro-TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:46 pm

The funny thing is Moffat had planned on an older Doctor too! But he changed his mind after seeing Matt Smith.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:48 pm

jonwes wrote:
The funny thing is Moffat had planned on an older Doctor too! But he changed his mind after seeing Matt Smith.

I was still hoping for Hugh Bonneville
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:00 pm

so, since matt smith is dressing like an old man, if we finally get an older actor, say bill nighy, would he be dressed in shorts and a tee?
Back to top Go down
Newton Gimmick
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 8:53 pm

He'll be the first G-string doctor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.infinitehollywood.com
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:06 pm

newton, that's funny. made me think of the borat man-kini.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:39 pm

greenk9 wrote:
Honestly he could wear a purple jumpsuit with elton john glasses and carry a green terrier- appearances are superficial....

Lost my photoshop to a reformat and haven't had a chance to reinstall, but still...

11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 Purple10

Yeah, I know, it would work if I had just found the damn green terrier!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:48 pm

oh yes greg that is perfect- the green glasses are better than the terrier. That is just too funny- thanks.

Weird thing is I just lost photoshop reinstalling osx10.5 on my mac-my photoshop version is not supported...all I need to do to fix my photoshop is to reverse the polarity...or rub the install cds together to make fire.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:20 am

his outfit didnt bother me, and i never really made a twilight connection. its funny to me that his out fit could cause this much debate when weve had an old man in a hat, a hobo, a dandy, a man with a rediculously large scarf which turned into alot of crazy themes, a man in a cricket uniform, a multicolored distator, a pro golf outfit with a question mark cane, a man who looked so much like oscar wilde his figure is wildly(no pun intended) used with little alteration as a custom, a guy with a shaved head and leather coat i mean i love eccelston so very very much but the pictures i saw of him and rose scared the hell out of me, to a guy with a faux hawk and converse shoes and a pin strip suit, but now, a tweed jacket and a bow tie is just going way to far? the doc is personality, combined with writing. the tardis is the tardis, how often does an episode center around standing in front of the tardis for hours on end.lol
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:37 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
so, since matt smith is dressing like an old man, if we finally get an older actor, say bill nighy, would he be dressed in shorts and a tee?

you know when i saw underworld the first time when it came out i actually though he would have made a great davros. but i agree he would make a cool older doc.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:26 pm

I sent the "12 regeneration" discussion over to its own thread so this one can stay on topic. (Thanks for the suggestion gregtdj)

https://whona.forumotion.com/doctor-who-discussion-f6/12-regeneration-discussion-split-from-outfit-thread-t2322.htm
Back to top Go down
memnoch
memnoch

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:56 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
The TARDIS looks too, I dont know 'forced retro' is the only way I can describe it. Maybe he is supposed to be a pre-Hartnell style Doctor?

I agree the TARDIS is odd looking, maybe a bit plasticy ?
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:42 pm

well I finally changed my avatar...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:09 pm

greenk9 wrote:
well I finally changed my avatar...

That is sooo wrong on so many levels greenie! Suspect But it is kinda funny Laughing
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:54 pm

I know...kind of mean but all in good fun...te he.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:54 pm

greenk-9, the hair is too short. you need to make it at least a foot longer in the front.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   11th Doctor's Outfit - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 12:01 am

Yeah bret..you're right is a foot too short..har har...

I was also thinking of covering the eyes...with the hair...I always tweak these things...I'm never happy. Got to do Tom one day...or a green death maggot...I'm torn.
Back to top Go down

11th Doctor's Outfit
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next