23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:37 am

i personally can't wait for the amazing spiderman movie, and lets be honest... spiderman three is worse than all the heat that the doctor who movie fox special ever got. i don't blame sam, i know he had his vision screwed by the studio, but after that movie i think a reboot is in order. lol. and let me be clear spidey is my favorite character in the marvel universe, when i was eight my father gave me reprints of the entire ditko run so that my first experiance reading spidey would be the best so i know's my spiderman. the first two rami did were briliant masterpieces and i would never take anything away from them, but they, like all movies had some little flaws to nit pick over too. what i like about the new one is the lizard is a great old school villian, the story line with his parents is something they explored in the comics, gwen friggin stacey.... for real this time, before mary jane like she should be, with capt. stacey having a more present role and the web shooter!!. garfeild looks like the body type of a young peter parker. it does look a bit darker but thats cool, its what makes these movies fun. i think about them as graphic novels, once they're done give someone else a chance to tell a story with the characters. to be honest i'm ready for the bale batman movies to end and give someone else a shot at the dark night. (if only kevin conory looked like bruce wayne!!). when the trailer came on for this movie during the avengers, some guy behind me said "what? they're making another batman movie! they cant top the joker!" that just cracked me up. and i gotta say, with batman as my favorite dc universe character, i'm really on the fence with bane as the villian in this movie, i have just never liked him, or respected him very much, not to mention.....THERE ARE SO MANY BETTER BATMAN VILLANS TO CHOOSE FROM!! lol. sorry, had to get that off my chest.

i loved the avengers, i can't wait to see another one!

ps, the hulk was better in this movie than he was in both of the other two movies!!!

pps, hulk and thor scene, best scene in comicbook movie history? inquiring minds want to know!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:17 am

Seriously no one is kneeling to the great one that is Loki?!

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3rp20GcCn1qmbt8eo4_250

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3st7e5Uma1qadinu

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3ssi4JzkG1ruy05zo1_500

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3sqw70JG51ql9ksno1_500

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3sopnQhFi1qbeopno1_500
~
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:47 am

AppleJack25 wrote:
"The Court Jester", I really hope the one he's talking about is the Danny Kaye movie (I can't think of any movie by that title that is of that SUPERB quality).

~

"Drink to me only with thine eyes
and I will drink with my nose"
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

I didn't think Loki was diminished at all. He was stuck out in exile, and did what comes naturally to his treacherous nature. He can't have Asgard, so hook up with someone that can give him the power and ability to take over a realm. Naturally, he goes after Thor's new home away from home. That's why Thor's attempt to convince Loki that his 'realm' would not be what he envisioned with the aliens in control. I'm sure Loki had intended to double cross the aliens at some point once Earth was in hand.

I was good with Coulson dying. He really was the only character who the audience was already vested in (that wasn't a superhero, or Fury) whom you could kill and have it resonate with the viewers.

Definitely with you on the trading cards Razz Big assumption that Coulson didn't bequeath them to someone in his will. Although I'm sure Coulson would have wanted Steve to have them.

Also agreed on Black Widow, and I would throw in Cap too. I thought both characters were way better in Avengers than in their debut movies. Also happy that BWs fighting style and sequences were improved too. In IM 2, her hallway fight at Hammer looked like they had to do everything slow, then speed up the film to make it look better.

I liked Ruffalo, but I still like the less robust image of Banner (Norton was my fav). It's hard to sell someone being meek and unassuming when you can't do a lot to hide their physical build and presence.

I never had the impression that Tony was going to let Rhodey keep the armor. Not with the military always wanting to get their hands on in or steal the tech. Yes, Rhodey could always get the armor from Stark's place, but then there is the time and distance factor. In the IM movies, Tony kept his armor at his Santa Monica home. Rhodey appeared to be assigned to Edwards AFB. Assuming he could drop everything and leave once word got out about NY, by the time Rhodey used conventional transportation to get to the armor, then fly to NY... everything might already have been over. If Tony was actually living in Stark Tower now (since he had the Mark 7 armor there) and moved all his armor there... then Rhodey really can't get to NY in time to get involved anyway. Besides, if you get picky about in movie continuity with WM... where are all the NY area based heroes like Spidey, FF, X Men, Daredevil, etc that didn't show up Razz

I don't think it sets a precedent on deleted scenes. They didn't go with the Cap Am block of ice that was inferred in the opening deleted scene from Hulk. Scenes that are cut for timing, pace, and such to me still happened, but if later on they retcon it or never refer to those things happening, it's no big deal to me.

It seems like a lot of the Marvel movie elements are being pulled from the Ultimates stories. I never did those myself. I remember the early rumors for Avengers baddies involving the Skrulls, and that's what I was expecting the aliens to be, but they didn't look like Skrulls. I looked it up later, and they were the 'skrulls' of Ultimates, but not in name. Then apparently later they do have the skrulls show up and they are not really the same race, even in Ultimates. The Chitauri were in the comics and were not supposed to look like the classic skrulls, so I was good with it.

No problems with Thanos for me. Just the same level of epic threat that would necessitate calling the Avengers in together.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3tpkwH2081r01xpt

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3sct1Hg0F1r80vwbo1_250 Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3sct1Hg0F1r80vwbo2_250

Poor Loki.

He just needs someone to love and to be loved by someone!

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3tiuwqf9p1qes7x8o1_500

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3tpm53rJi1r01xpt
~
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:44 pm

AppleJack25 wrote:

OH YES, I WILL GLADLY KNEEL TO HIM!!

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_ani

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_army_ani

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_headcount_ani

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_avengers_trailer2_ani2

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tom_hammer_ani

Seriously, do not encourage me! I have more Loki gifs than I know what to do with, and given the slightest opportunity, I'll be posting them like nobody's business. And I'm sure no one here wants to see that....uh-oh, too late!

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_facepalm_ani

Also, this? SO TRUE.

AppleJack25 wrote:
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:16 pm

I got to see Avengers 3D on the IMAX screen last night. Good use of 3D for a change. It worked well and looked natural unlike Avatar which I thought looked silly. I even forgot Avengers was "special 3D" after about 1 hour into the movie. It just seemed natural which I don't think I've felt in a 3D movie before.

And I somehow got a ticket for only $9.00 without a senior ID/coupon/etc. Cheapest movie I've seen in 5 or 10 years.

Overall, Avengers is a good movie.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:10 am

Biggles wrote:
AppleJack25 wrote:

OH YES, I WILL GLADLY KNEEL TO HIM!!

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_ani

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_army_ani

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_headcount_ani

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_avengers_trailer2_ani2

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tom_hammer_ani

Seriously, do not encourage me! I have more Loki gifs than I know what to do with, and given the slightest opportunity, I'll be posting them like nobody's business. And I'm sure no one here wants to see that....uh-oh, too late!

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_facepalm_ani

Also, this? SO TRUE.

AppleJack25 wrote:

Oh gosh YES!!! SOMEBODY UNDERSTANDS!!!

I feel like when I do get to see this movie in the theatre, I'm going to be incredibly biased. Now I just have to drag someone with me to the theatre sometime!!

BUT SERIOUSLY PLEASE WITH THE LOKI GIFS!!

I WANT TO SEE!!

LOKI IS THE SUPREME RULER!!!
~
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:32 pm

I totally understand. And don't worry about being biased when you see it. I was--and still am--completely, unrepentantly biased. I wore a Loki shirt to the midnight show. Very Happy

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Magnus_not_sorry

Yeeeah, so I think I've made it rather obvious that I am a raging Loki fangirl. Have been ever since I saw Thor. I just really like the way that Tom Hiddleston portrays him as not just a typical two-dimensional villian. He makes you feel sorry for Loki (well, I certainly do, at any rate), instead of just going around like this:

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3hz3th9d01qi0t5fo1_500

NOOO, DON'T TEMPT ME TO POST MORE LOKI GIFS!! I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STOP!!

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3o1fdMaIl1r06xle

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_bts_ani9

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3dbaqkm0F1qh9xdao1_r1_500

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3ke3yhswW1qjrfmeo2_r1_250

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m231enzeUV1qbjn7y

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m1vypqmHCz1qjguhio1_500

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m2mw96JjhZ1ru3jl9o1_500

Uh-oh, I think this thread has now been officially....

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3eyi6i2qZ1qbex0h
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Well, I got to see this today,and while I enjoyed it very much, I still felt disappointed, I still think The Dark Knight was a superior comic movie,and I still think Thor is the best of the Marvel groups movies. But, since I never read any of The Avengers comics, maybe I just wasn't as thrilled to see all of these characters together as someone who grew up on them. I am glad that UNIT was able to repair the Valiant and loan it to SHIELD. My favorite line,towards the end,when Captain America assumes the leadership of the team and gives orders to everyone,and turns to the Hulk and says" Hulk......SMASH!" I love the Hulk's grin as he jumps off to smash!! My main experience in Marvel was Spiderman and the Hulk TV show. I am glad the Hulk looks so awesome this time around!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Never seen an article like this.....but just how much would all that damage cost?

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/09/11620668-avengers-damage-to-manhattan-would-cost-160-billion?lite
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:10 am

Oh yes I agree that this thread is officially Loki'd!! I was waiting for that gif to appear!

Yes!!

And I agree, I love how Tom Hiddleston talks about Loki and how he made him human all the same. It's pretty cool so yeah, I think watching it in the theatre will be interesting because I'll be there cheering for the villain because IT'S LOKI!!!

I like Iron Man though and I haven't seen Captain America or even Thor but now I want to because of Tom Hiddleston.

Fangirls unite then! More Loki appreciation!

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3w2tyrdL51qe8633o1_250

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3w7w5KLEK1r4ioeco1_500

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m2w75xA07H1r8dzo2o2_r1_250

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m2w75xA07H1r8dzo2o3_250

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m2w75xA07H1r8dzo2o4_250

...and of course... ahhh the best pics/gifs are always where Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston are in them together.

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3i6s1sY5i1qdfp7ho1_500
~
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Hee hee, well considering the turn this thread has taken, there was no way I could not post the "Loki'd!" gif. LOKI'D!! Laughing Laughing

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3iv4vmv6r1qj2r95

Oh you NEED to see Thor. Seriously. If you are a Loki and Tom fan, it is imperative that you do.

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tom_random_ani3

Eh, sorry but I really can't agree on the Tom and Benedict together pictures because I really don't like Benedict that much. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who feels that way, but it's true. I do like Sherlock, don't get me wrong. But I much, much, much, MUCH pefer Tom.

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tom_random_ani6

Must...not...post...more...Loki...ah forget it. Razz

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3pnz5xGzQ1qdwjb5o1_250 Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3pnz5xGzQ1qdwjb5o2_250

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Loki_snow_ani1

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m2e26yw3tn1qk13l8o3_250

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m2bb80M5ml1qjk1oho1_500

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m0w4ijMKxu1qc4ozgo2_500

And regarding these pictures, I just have to note that though I do find the picture on the left hilarious, you do know that's not Tom, right? That guy is a great cosplayer, though. I've seen his work several times before, and now his Loki costume is equally wonderful. (I saw him wearing it in person at a comic con a while back and it was fabulous!)

AppleJack25 wrote:
Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3w7w5KLEK1r4ioeco1_500

Also apologies to those who have been trying to just discuss the Avengers. You have to forgive us Loki fans. We can be a quite rambunctious bunch! bounce bounce

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3wvy9lu5i1qc3e8j
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Loki is my favorite character & Hulk my least so the climax made me sad.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Yup... Loki got gamma owned all right... Razz
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:06 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Loki is my favorite character & Hulk my least so the climax made me sad.

Same here. And it was even worse because the entire theater started laughing like mad, while I was sitting there going Shocked ... Neutral ... Crying or Very sad

(I mean yeah ok, it was funny, but still! Loki getting smashed--not cool in my book!)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:33 am

The pictures were attached together as one picture on Tumblr and it was cute so I thought I'd post it. It's a Loki spam, not just Tom. Razz

Poor Loki. It'll make me sad too.

...I should be rooting for the good guys instead of the villians!

I adore Benedict (as a lot of posts in the OT section would suggest) and I haven't seen anything that Tom is in so it'll be fantastic when I finally get to see him in something! And don't worry, you're not the only one who dislikes Benedict and in fact, there are far more of you than there are of those of us who do like him.

I will point out though, I do not in the least consider myself a "Cumberb*tch" or any other title. I am merely a fan of his and I adore him to bits. I own both seasons of "Sherlock" from the UK and a lot of other programmes that he's been in. I haven't seen "War Horse" and it'll probably be a while before I do because it's a difficult movie for me to want to see at this time.
~
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Avengers has now entered the billion dollar movie club- the 12th movie to do so. It also moved ahead of TDK, so Avengers is now 11th and climbing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3xblk6IiO1qgztfyo1_250 Avengers Assemble - Page 4 Tumblr_m3xblk6IiO1qgztfyo2_250

~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:

Yep, he never got to finish his arrogant speech, poor guy. Loki was rather arrogant, with his how you love to be ruled puny humans, etc. Nice to see him get knocked down to size. Betraying his father and brother....boo Loki!!!!

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Cruel Angel wrote:

Yep, he never got to finish his arrogant speech, poor guy. Loki was rather arrogant, with his how you love to be ruled puny humans, etc. Nice to see him get knocked down to size. Betraying his father and brother....boo Loki!!!!

LOL!

Bravo!

I guess I have to stop coming back to this thread. The abundance of animated gifs are too much for mu internet connection. I'll love it when my neighborhood finally gets the cable company to acknowledge it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Calixar wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
Cruel Angel wrote:

LOL!

Bravo!

I guess I have to stop coming back to this thread. The abundance of animated gifs are too much for mu internet connection. I'll love it when my neighborhood finally gets the cable company to acknowledge it...

Mine freezes too.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Calixar wrote:

I guess I have to stop coming back to this thread. The abundance of animated gifs are too much for mu internet connection.

Please accept my apologies for the disruption to your internet connection. When I started the thread, my hope was to discuss the movie - NOT how much some folks love Tom Hiddleston & show this love with constant gifs. Now, I like a good gif as well as anyone but, I am starting to tire of these fanboy/girl gifs for beloved actors.

Maybe a seperate "Show your gif love for..........." thread may be in order???

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Or use the Foe list to reduce the clutter.

Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Or use the Foe list to reduce the clutter.

But I don't have an issue with the poster - just the posts. Thanks for the advice though!

My previous post was not intended to start any kind of international incident. It was merely a gripe.
Back to top Go down

Avengers Assemble
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next