23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Avengers Assemble - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Sorry, I was afraid the gif spamming wasn't going to go over well. My most sincere apologies to anyone whose connection is being slowed down and anyone who's just tired of seeing them. And don't worry, I'm not going to start an international incident. I'm not offended. I'll just take my Loki & Tom loving and gifs back to Tumblr, from whence they all came in the first place.

Continue on with the general Avengers talk! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Because now we're on a new page!

I still need to see this movie...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:03 pm

I'll be seeing it for the third time during this week... gotta take Mom to see it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Guys, if all the images and stuff are put into spoiler tags, it isn't as much of a problem, right? I'm always surprised that when people on this forum quote other member's posts (I'm not talking about this thread specifically), they quote the whole thing, when they could easily just put it all in a spoiler or delete most of the quote.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:37 am

I think "international incident" is pointing at me since no one really knows where I'm from. Wink

And okay okay, fine guys, have it your way (they just wish it was all the good guys instead of Loki because they don't want Loki to rule the world). Nah I'm just kiddin'. I'll stop.

We'll respect that and since you guys asked nicely we'll stop. By the way, call it what you want but just because we happen to be women who like a male character does not automatically make it "fangirling". We just have character appreciation.

And as far as quoting whole posts, the way I respond is different according to the posts themselves. I have high-speed internet and always am forgetting about those who have low-speed connection as well as those who pilfer off of other internet connections through wi-fi when they don't actually subscribe to their own internet and then it is their issue and totally not my fault if their internet drags.

Biggles, I'll join you on Tumblr! Who knows, we might already be following one another (and out of Tumblr context that would sound really really strange).

And no guys, I'm not offended either and despite all my joking I am sorry for causing a mess. I guess you guys are glad you never go to the OT section then. Wink

Also, never go on tumblr. For one, your internet/computer couldn't handle it and well, it would blow your mind away. Especially with all of the Doctor Who and Avengers gifs.
~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:16 am

I like looking up stuff on Tumblr sometimes. Don't think I'll join it, though.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:14 pm

AppleJack25 wrote:
And okay okay, fine guys, have it your way (they just wish it was all the good guys instead of Loki because they don't want Loki to rule the world). Nah I'm just kiddin'. I'll stop.

Hee hee, yes I'm sure that's the case. Because Loki is totally going to rule the world. Oh yes.

AppleJack25 wrote:
We'll respect that and since you guys asked nicely we'll stop. By the way, call it what you want but just because we happen to be women who like a male character does not automatically make it "fangirling". We just have character appreciation.

Quite so, character appreciation. Yes indeed. *shifty eyes* Ah, who am I kidding? I'm a total Loki fangirl and proud of it! Very Happy Very Happy

AppleJack25 wrote:
Also, never go on tumblr. For one, your internet/computer couldn't handle it and well, it would blow your mind away. Especially with all of the Doctor Who and Avengers gifs.
~

Oh my, yes! Definitely avoid Tumblr! It's a gif paradise!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Tom is fantastic in the role of Loki,he capture the character's evilness very nicely. And he does not have the advantage of some actors in evil role who can hide behind a mask or cgi or make-up. He is totally depended on his acting abilities, his facial expressions, etc.

Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:20 am

I agree with you ron he is a good actor

I love the bit in the film where he is with the Hulk and he says to the Hulk " I'm your God " then the Hulk picks him up and smashs him into the floor, then walks off looks back and says puny god

that had me rolling in the seat
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:48 am

AppleJack25 wrote:
I think "international incident" is pointing at me since no one really knows where I'm from. Wink

When I typed "international incident", I meant me in the UK & the majority of forum member over "the pond" in the US/Canada. (it would appear that, the majority of forum members hail from there?) Very Happy

As I said before, it was a gripe from a grump & not pointed towards anybody in particular.

I'll take my foot out my mouth as the taste of shoe leather is making me dry heave!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Avengers has overtaken Alice in Wonderland and SW Phantom Menace...

#9 with $1.036 billion as of today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Shocked Shocked cannot believe Alice in Wonderland rated so high!!!! Shocked Shocked

Really looking forward to seeing Avengers Assemble again next week. Will be able to sit back & marvel (pardon the pun) in all it's splendor!! bounce bounce bounce cheers bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Avengers went past the $ 400 million mark for US domestic yesterday.

Cruising past Pirates 4, Toy Story 3, and Pirates 2... Avengers is now #6 all time with $ 1.070 billion dollars worldwide Very Happy

Ahead of it still lie LOTR ROTK (1.119) Transformers 3 (1.123) and Harry Potter 8 (1.328)... and of course the 2 billion dollar club of Titanic and Avatar.

Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:28 am

http://www.illustrationaday.com/search/label/avengers
http://www.the-editing-room.com/the-avengers.html
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Now #4 all time, with 1.181 billion dollars.

Avengers is scheduled to street on Sept 25th.

Commentary by Joss Whedon

Disney's Second Screen feature

Behind-the-scenes featurettes:
- Assembling the Ultimate Team
- A Visual Journey

Marvel One Shot short film: Item 47

Deleted/extended scenes:
- Alternate opening: "Maria Hill Interrogation"
- Extended scene: "Loki & Barton Strategize"
- "Steve Rogers: Man Out of Time"
- "Nick Fury and World Security Council"
- Raw extended footage: "Viaduct Fight"
- "Fury and Hill Discuss the World Security Council"
- Extended scene: "Banner and Security Guard"
- Alternate ending: "Maria Hill Interrogation"

Soundgarden's "Live to Rise" music video

Gag reel

And the cover art for the 3 versions-

3D, Blu, DVD, and Digital

Spoiler:
Blu + DVD

Spoiler:

DVD

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:46 pm

Marvel Studios has arranged with NASA to transfer the film to Mission Control in Houston, which will then uplink the film to the International Space Station, which is currently orbiting 220 miles above Earth. The film will be screened there for the crew's enjoyment.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:53 pm

As expected, Marvel will be releasing a full set of the cinematic universe films.

The set will contain:

-Marvel's The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
-Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
-Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
-Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
-The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
-Iron Man (Blu-ray)
-Bonus Disc - "The Phase One Archives" (Blu-ray)
-Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

The actual package (the briefcase containing the cosmic cube) will be revealed July 15. No word yet on pricing.

Avengers Assemble - Page 5 Avengerstendisc

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:29 pm

MSRP/ List Price Info (before retailer discounts)-

Blu / DVD 2 disc combo- $40.00

Blu 3d/ Blu/ DVD/ Digital 4 disc combo- $50.00

Phase 1 Blu 10 disc set- $219.00

Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:28 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
-Bonus Disc - "The Phase One Archives" (Blu-ray)

What if I just want this, because I already own all the movies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Calixar wrote:

What if I just want this, because I already own all the movies?

That's the problem in doing a set like this. It's great if you don't have any of the films yet (but I can't imagine Marvel fans not having at least most of them already).

So Marvel and Disney need to put together some extra incentives to convince those that have all or most of them to want to shell out more money for the double dip.

The case. Not too impressive to me. Not going to look too much different I think than Decker's case from the Blade Runner Ltd Ed. complete set. Just a steel briefcase.

One extra disc of bonus content. Definitely not worth it for just one disc. I know to some people it is though.

It's probably going to come with some exclusive trinkets too, but those have never thrilled me either.

I myself will be hunting for the Futureshop steelbook. Canada only for now, but I'm hoping a retailer like FYE or Best Buy will get that version for a US release (like the Star Trek steelbook). Otherwise, it's ebay hunting time Crying or Very sad
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:21 pm

I just pre-ordered the two disc Blu-Ray/DVD set. Not that I will have any use for the DVD disc, but it seems that it's almost a given that a DVD disc comes with Blu-Rays these days.

I do like that Steelbook case though...

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:11 pm

@ The 10th

Yup. The art sells it to me. If the steelbook was just a reproduction of the poster art, I wouldn't want it.

I picked up on a detail after watching Thor last night, then watching Avengers again today at the theater.

In Thor, Clint uses his bow right handed. In Avengers, he uses both bow and pistol left handed. Renner is left handed, Clint in the comics is right handed. I guess they decided to let Renner be his natural lefty for Avengers.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:31 pm

There is a rumor that the Director's Cut of Avengers might be released in theaters toward the end of summer.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 am

Just saw this & had to share it!!! bounce bounce cheers bounce bounce

Avengers Assemble - Page 5 Disney_pixar_avengers
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:08 am

Saw this on youtube & had to share it!! bounce bounce cheers bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Avengers Assemble
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: