23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Avengers Assemble - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
From what I have read, the producer has said that they do have an option on Joss to direct an Avengers sequel.

I just hope he comes back and writes it too.

My guess is that they will try and go for it after another cycle... Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Cap Am 2.

Im sure Joss has already started to think about what the heck is going to break loose in a sequel when the teaser's baddie comes a callin' Razz

Excellent news - and I think you are right - they will go for it after another cycle. I just wonder which other Avengers they will introduce.

I read that they are trying to get an Ant-Man movie off the ground, so I wonder if he will be in the next Avengers flick. Maybe they will introduce Scarlet Witch as well...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:40 pm

The 4th wrote:

I read that they are trying to get an Ant-Man movie off the ground, so I wonder if he will be in the next Avengers flick. Maybe they will introduce Scarlet Witch as well...

I was never thrilled with Hank or Janet back in the day. I'd could go with Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, or Vision...

Maybe they could save the teaser baddie for Avengers 3 and give us Ultron for Avengers 2 Razz
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:

Maybe they could save the teaser baddie for Avengers 3 and give us Ultron for Avengers 2 Razz

LOL - man, it will be epic whichever one the baddie ends up in...

It's crazy how much moolah this flick has made, not just domestically but internationally. They'd be crazy not to have Joss back.

The Dark Knight Rises has a lot to live up to...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:56 pm

The 4th wrote:

All the Bat Hards out there I think are going to end up disappointed. They built up TDK in their eyes as the best movie of all time. Putting it that high on a pedestal, I don't think DKR is going to live up to their expectations (whether they admit it or not).

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:

All the Bat Hards out there I think are going to end up disappointed. They built up TDK in their eyes as the best movie of all time. Putting it that high on a pedestal, I don't think DKR is going to live up to their expectations (whether they admit it or not).

I enjoyed the other Nolan Bat flicks and look forward to this one...but I'm not sure how it will hold up against The Avengers. I'm more psyched to see Prometheus than TDKR.

Now The Amazing Spider-Man...still unsure about that one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:24 pm

"Mrs Peel, we're needed!"
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:39 pm

I myself thought the Nolan films were good, but to me the Marvel films have been better. Their leads came in and just owned their roles, and even with Loki and Red Skull being terrific villains, the heroes are still the stars of their films.

Based on Equilibrium, I thought Bale would rock as Bats. He ended up not impressing me. Tony Stark out playboys Bruce, and as Bats all he does is rasps. I'd even take Kilmer's Bruce and Bats over Bale affraid

Prometheus is my 2nd hyped, must see film this summer (Avengers being #1).

ASM? No sale for me. I loved the Raimi films, and like above, Tobey just owned that role. Plus, it's way too soon for a 'reboot', much less it being necessary. If they had just recast the roles and kept on with the continuity, I would be giving it a chance. But here they go not just with a straight origin retell, but putting a seriously different spin on it. I also think they fell into the TDK hype a bit and 'we need to make it darker. Darker sells'. Bats is a dark character. Peter's life might get the shaft the most out of the Marvel heroes, but he is still the FRIENDLY neighborhood Spidey.

I don't expect that one to do well. I'd only rent it, assuming it actually got good reviews and word of mouth.

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:48 pm

LOL - Kilmer over Bale - I could see that. I'm probably one of the few that actually likes Batman Forever.

To me, Marvel has got the live action pics locked up. DC does a good job with their straight to DVD animated flicks. Cannot wait for the animated version of The Dark Knight Returns...hopefully they do it justice.

Have to agree with you regarding ASM - definitely too soon for a reboot. Plus I'm not sold on how The Lizard looks...
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:56 pm

I think Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver may be tied up with the X-Men rights at Fox.
Ms. Marvel should be introduced to help fight cosmic meances. I'm disappointed they didn't set her up in this film. Having SHIELD agent Carrol Danvers absorb Tesseract energy in the finale would be a simple way of explaining her powers without needing to introduce the Kree or Captain Marvel.
I'd love to see She-Hulk. Unfortunately with this Hulk actually appealing to audiences I can't see them replacing him with her unless they have her in the third Hulk movie they're planning.
Here's a pre-order on the 6" Avengers figures. I'm not sure if they ship overseas though: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS21845&mode=retail
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:57 pm

My only knock against Forever was I wished they had stuck with Mr Colt 45 Billy Dee as Two Face instead of going with a recast to the more popular Tommy Lee at the time. I thought Kilmer did a great CEO Bruce, but Keaton was just great all around.

Let's not talk Clooney Evil or Very Mad

I was surprised watching the ASM trailer that they DIDN'T try and spotlight The Lizard. Was more about the origin/ family secret and Capt. Stacey wanting to hunt Spidey down.

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
My only knock against Forever was I wished they had stuck with Mr Colt 45 Billy Dee as Two Face instead of going with a recast to the more popular Tommy Lee at the time. I thought Kilmer did a great CEO Bruce, but Keaton was just great all around.

Let's not talk Clooney Evil or Very Mad

I was surprised watching the ASM trailer that they DIDN'T try and spotlight The Lizard. Was more about the origin/ family secret and Capt. Stacey wanting to hunt Spidey down.

Yeah, Keaton is still tops in my book. Billy Dee definitely should have been Two Face...Tommy Lee was good, but a little too over the top at times IMO.

Regarding ASM, I guess they wanted to focus on it being a reboot...but yeah, they should have showcased The Lizard more - bet that would have gotten the kiddies excited!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:16 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

Here's a pre-order on the 6" Avengers figures. I'm not sure if they ship overseas though: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS21845&mode=retail

I haven't liked the smaller size figures... but these are very tempting Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:25 am

It comes out to $33 a pop, so I'd suggest hitting Wal-Mart or ebay instead of BBTS.
DST/Marvel Select has a 7" Chiaturri soldier (& a variant with a new head) due out soon.
Too bad there's no 6" scale Black Widow or Agent Phil Coulson.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:57 am

Avengers Assemble - Page 3 Tumblr_m3m8kk6k7l1qe8a0fo1_500

Avengers Assemble - Page 3 Tumblr_m3m8kk6k7l1qe8a0fo2_500

Avengers Assemble - Page 3 Tumblr_m3m8kk6k7l1qe8a0fo2_500

Borrowed from mishasteaparty on tumblr!
~
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:25 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

I haven't liked the smaller size figures... but these are very tempting Twisted Evil

Cheers for this link that will put a smile on scary's face lol
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:38 pm

700 million dollars worldwide as of today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
700 million dollars worldwide as of today Very Happy

Yup...I'd say this will have a sequel... Laughing
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:56 pm

The 4th wrote:
I'd say this will have a sequel...
Just officially announced, to the surprise of no one.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/disney-announces-avengers-2-in-development/
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:06 pm

rdks wrote:
The 4th wrote:
I'd say this will have a sequel...
Just officially announced, to the surprise of no one.

They better lock in Joss Whedon...
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
The 4th wrote:

I liked TDK but not expecting too much from DKR, but it's all irrelevant really because the best superhero movie ever as to be The Avengers, or Avengers Assemble as we get to call it, and if he's not already get JW locked in for the sequels, there as to be more than one surely.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Here is Joss' post on the Whedonesque site thanking his fans for supporting Avengers----

Dear Friends,

Well, it's been quite a weekend. Someday, long from now, I will even have an emotional reaction to it, like a person would. I can't wait! But before I become blinded by this "emotion" experience, there's a few things I'd like to say. Well, type.

People have told me that this matters, that my life is about to change. I am sure that is true. And change is good -- change is exciting. I think -- not to jinx it -- that I may finally be recognized at Comiccon. Imagine! Also, with my percentage of "the Avengers" gross, I can afford to buy... [gets call from agent. Weeps manfully. Resumes typing.] ...a fine meal. But REALLY fine, with truffles and s#!+. And I can get a studio to finance my dream project, the reboot of "Air Bud" that we all feel is so long overdue. (He could play Jai Alai! Think of the emotional ramifications of JAI ALAI!!!!)

What doesn't change is anything that matters. What doesn't change is that I've had the smartest, most loyal, most passionate, most articulate group of -- I'm not even gonna say fans. I'm going with "peeps" -- that any cult oddity such as my bad self could have dreamt of. When almost no one was watching, when people probably should have STOPPED watching, I've had three constants: my family and friends, my collaborators (often the same), and y'all. A lot of stories have come out about my "dark years", and how I'm "unrecognized"... I love these stories, because they make me seem super-important, but I have never felt the darkness (and I'm ALL about my darkness) that they described. Because I have so much. I have people, in my life, on this site, in places I've yet to discover, that always made me feel the truth of success: an artist and an audience communicating. Communicating to the point of collaborating. I've thought, "maybe I'm over; maybe I've said my piece". But never with fear. Never with rancor. Because of y'all. Because you knew me when. If you think topping a box office record compares with someone telling you your work helped them through a rough time, you're probably new here. (For the record, and despite my inhuman distance from the joy-joy of it: topping a box office record is super-dope. I'm an alien, not a robot.) So this is me, saying thank you. All of you. You've taken as much guff for loving my work as I have for over-writing it, and you deserve, in this our time of streaming into the main, to crow. To glow. To crow and go "I told you so", to those Joe Blows not in the know. (LAST time I hire Dr. Seuss to punch my posts up. Yeesh!) Point being, you deserve some honor, AND you deserves some FAQs answered. So please welcome my old friend and certainly not-on-my-payroll reporter/flunky, Rutherford D. Actualperson!

RDA: So good to see you, young Joss! is it possible you've gotten more attractive since we last spoke, and less fungal in odor?

JW: Thanks for noticing. Let's talk.

RDA: "the Scavengers" is a huge success! Does this mean you have changed the very fabric of existence?

JW: Dude, it's just a movie. Also, yes.

RTA: I've seen a lot of a talk about "the Availers" vs "the Dark Knight Rises". How will you feel if you're eclipsed by Nolan?

JW: I'm glad I made you ask that. I will feel sad. But let's look at the bigger picture, and I can't say this enough: THIS IS NOT A ZERO SUM GAME. Our successes, whoever has the mostest, are a boon to each other. We're in the business of proving that superhero movies aren't just eye-candy (they're eye-TRUFFLES!). People seem intent on setting us against each other, and though I'm proud to be Woody Strode to Nolan's Kirk Douglas, I think they're missing the point. Whatever TDKR does on its first weekend, the only stat that matters to me is the ticket I'M definitely buying. Nolan and Raimi INVENTED the true superhero flick, yo. (Special mention to Jon Favreau and James Gunn.) Happy to be in the mix.

RTA: What does this mean for your upcoming slate of tiny independent films/Internet shenanigans? Will they fall by the wayside?

JW: There may be new ideas realized -- I always leave myself open to that -- but my commitment to Wastelanders and Dr H.2 does not waver. Those stories bubble on my stove.

RTA: And TV?

JW: TV is my great love. To tell stories with that alacrity, intensity, and immediacy... Nothing quite like it. I imagine it's not dissimilar to the feeling great poker players have: "Here's what I got, here's where I'm going... How to trick everybody into thinking I know what I'm doing?" [Full disclosure : Joss hates poker. He is probably talking about bridge. But it should apply nonetheless.].

RTA: What message would you give fans of "the Lavenders" who are not so familiar with your previous work?

JW: "Cabin In the Woods": still in (some) theaters!

RTA: Is 'the Ravengers" a perfect movie? It did get an A+ cinemascore...

JW: There are very few perfect movies. "The Court Jester", "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", "Godfather" I & II... The list does not go on and on. "The Avengers" is notably IMperfect, which makes its success mean so much more to me -- because it's striking a chord that matters MORE than its obvious flaws. Like the team, it appears to be more than the sun of its parts. Boo-yah!

RTA: What do you feel is the greatest achievement of "the Avoiders"?

JW: Getting "mewling quim" out there to the masses. Also, Hulk.

RTA: Anyone in particular you'd like to thank?

JW: [Reads from notecard]. I couldn't have done this myself. Part of this Saturn Award belongs to Jeremy Latcham, Kevin Feige, and the fine Marvel folk... But the secret ingredient is my closest peeps: J-Mo, who did uncredited punch-up work (carrier battle, yo!), Z-bro, Drew "I am Loki only taller and foppier" Goddard, and Kai, all of whom worked the story with me. Without them (and Jeremy), I'd still be figuring out how the Wasp fits in to this, and where to put Red Hulk.

RTA: What's next for Joss "finally got it right for a change" Whedon?

JW: Can we not call me that?

RTA: Just deal. Whut up?

JW: I really think we should discuss that nickname, but I'm finishing "Much Ado About Nothing" this month. If you liked "the Avengers", you'll love... I can't. It's Shakespeare. And not in the park. I hope it gets watched.

RTA: Any message to your precious "Whedonesk?"

JW: Whedonettes?

RTA: Weeble-eque?

JW: I'm not aware of that group.

RTA: Didn't they know you when?

JW: I'm not sure who you mean. I'm discarding my old fans so I can concentrate on fame, Euro-trash guy-jewelry and my precious "Air Bud" reboot. But, dude, don't print that!

RTA: You have my word.

So, that's our post! Hope you enjoyed it. Hope you'll continue to carry the banner even though other people may have joined the parade. (Kind of a gay pride/Newsies vibe: sentence accomplished!) Hope you understand how I feel. Cliff notes: grateful.

"Here's to us. Who's like us? darn few"
-- Stephen Sondheim, "Merrily We Roll Along".

"It took a dog playing Jai Alai to teach us humanity!"
--Me, in that awesome film I'm gonna make.
Back to top Go down
Chuzzlewit
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3864
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Hulk versus Ice Warriors. That would get me to watch!

Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:12 am

Hm, I guess I need to see "The Court Jester"! That was kind of an interesting sentiment, though. I'd be curious to hear Joss talk more about the film's obvious flaws, and to know whether they were things that he could have corrected but didn't (frex, because he placed emphasis on humor here or there) or whether he was forced to include them based on certain constraints. Like maybe the Contenders battled the faceless alien army at the end so Hasbro could sell the toys or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:35 am

Supposedly they cut about 30 minutes from the film, mostly Cap development.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyNXnuHNF8k&feature=player_embedded

I really liked this movie. It was really strange to see a movie that's exactly as good as the trailers made me think it would be. It wasn't worse or better than I thought it would be, which is strange. Luckily for me, I thought it'd be great.

Loki having a master undermined him as a threat. I would've liked to see him pull a double cross on the aliens if they were going with that.

I still don't know how he does it, but Clark Gregg stole the show again as Agent Phil Coulson. Supposedly his death was mandated by Feige. Some fans have suggested his brain engrams should be used to make the movie version of the Vision. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I wish Carol Danvers was in this. Having her absorb some Tesseract energy at the finale would've been a simple way to transform her into Ms. Marvel without neding to introduce the overrated Captain Mar-vell.

Nick Fury is a huge dick for ruining a near mint set of vintage Captain America trading cards.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much Black Widow didn't suck given how bland she was in Iron Man 2. I liked that Black Widow reset Hawkeye by giving him head trauma. I wish her Widow's Sting was shown as a projectile weapon rather than a close range taser.

I didn't understand how Hawkeye's arrowhead selector quiver worked, but it was a nifty idea.

I wish Captain America's costume had the star & stripes on the back like the toys do. It looked unfinished. Scaling would've been nice too since the quilting on his WWII outfit didn't cut it.

Loki's insults are the best.

Sam Jackson felt much more like Nick Fury here than he did in earlier movies. He still won't be 100% until he puts on a SHIELD uniform with jetpack to shoot HYDRA goons in the face Steranko-style.

i was surprised how much I liked Mark Ruffalo as Hulk. The iddeal Bruce banner should be very scrawny & frail, but I didn't mind him being more robust while the film was on. The downside to having a Hulk that's popular with the public is now they're going to milk him & we'll never see a cinematic She-Hulk (unless they feel like doing something novel in the third solo Hulk movie).

Where was War Machine? They even explained Jane Foster away, so why not a character who'd actually be usefull in battle?

Why doesn't RDJ have a Hollywood Walk of Fame Star yet?

I wasn't completely sold on Thor's lightning supercharging Tony's arc ractor-powered armor. It felt a bit like the episode of Static Shock where Static recharges John Stewart's GL ring with electricity. Would any physicists or engineers like to respond?

I was odd that they referenced deleted suicide attempt scene from The Incredible Hulk. Does this set a precedent that all deleted scenes are canon?

Harry Dean Stanton cameos out of nowhere!

The secrecy around the aliens annoyed me because it didn't lead to anything. They could have told people who they were from the start since their identity didn't affect the plot. Calling the the Chiaturi (probably because the Skrull name was tied up with the FF rights) was a mistake because it made fans expect they'd be shapeshifting dudes with wrinkly chins & pointy ears. The Badoon would've been a more appropriate alien name to pull out of a hat.

The reveal of Thanos running the Chiaturi makes me a bit uneasy. It implies we're getting more cosmic sequels. I don't know how they can go in that direction & still keep it relatable to the general public. I'd prefer a sequel with the Masters of Evil pulling a Thunderbolts, which could also be problematic as there's a lack of established surviving archenemies. It does explain why the Infinity Gauntlet prop was cut from Odin's vault in Thor.

I hope Marvel/Disney doesn't screw over Joss for the sequels. He better not be joking about the Air Bud reboot either!

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:05 am

"The Court Jester", I really hope the one he's talking about is the Danny Kaye movie (I can't think of any movie by that title that is of that SUPERB quality).

~
Back to top Go down

Avengers Assemble
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next