23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:59 am

In a word - AWESOME!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Could not take my eyes off the screen!

Hulk was fantastic in it. Ironman was excellent as always. Cap & Thor were awesome too!

A childhood fantasy has been realised & it did not disappoint!! Nolan has a lot to live up to with TDKR. The bar has been set & it is set very high!!

A true 5* 10/10 movie all the way!

Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:31 am

Hoping to go with Scary to see this in the next couple weeks
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:20 am

Just counting down the days until Thursday. Going to see it at the Alamo Drafthouse - got a ticket for the Marvel movie marathon cheers Will be armed with money for much food and drinks- Iron Man 1 starts at 1230PM, and Avengers probably won't finish until 230AM.

Since my best friend can't get off work, I will be seeing it again with him on Sunday... then take my mom to see it the weekend after Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 am

I have been watching the DVDs, to get ready. Started with Thor, then Captain America. Last night it was Iron Man.Watching Incredible hulk now!

I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:30 am

I broke down and watched Thor again... but not gonna watch anything else. I got my Robert Downey Jr fix from Tropic Thunder.

It is interesting though that each of the main heroes are getting trilogies (Iron Man, Thor, Cap Am) and likely Avengers is getting a trilogy (according to the number of movies Chris Evans said he contracted for when he signed for Cap)... then all of these other reboots and new projects that Marvel mentions- Spidey, FF, Punisher, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow, SHIELD, Inhumans, Black Panther, Dr Strange, Ant Man...

No love for Hulk. I guess they got burned out trying to get that one going. Maybe they will just have Banner in Avengers films, and pop up from time to time in everyone else's movies.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:40 am

The Hulk has proved problematic when making movies about him, I guess.

Plan to see the Avengers, but haven't seen Thor.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:47 am

But, even with my excitement about Avengers, I can't help but feel disappointed that DC has never done a Justice League live action movie. I grew up with DC, and would love to see Superman,Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern together. Before the movies, I never read Thor or Ironman. If it hadn't been for the writer's strike a few years ago, JLA would have been a reality by now.....oh well. Just have to keep enjoying the Animated DC Universe.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 am

jaredofmo wrote:

I loved the 2nd film. I thought Norton was excellent, and it really channeled a lot from the original tv series. Unfortunately, Marvel I think didn't get along well enough with Norton to really want him back for Avengers.

I loved Thor. Was very surprised at how good it was... is my 2nd favorite of the Marvel films next to Iron Man 1.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 am

I do wish Captain America would have had another movie set in WW2, and not had his adventures there rushed to get him to modern times.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 am

jaredofmo wrote:

The Bana Hulk was woeful....Ang Lee - hang you head!

Norton's Hulk was great - Tim Roth - hang your head!

For me - Avengers Assemble Hulk totally steals the show! Would love to see a spin off movie of Ruffalo's Hulk.

Great comedy timings - in part - from Hulk. Thor & Ironman. That's all I'll say!!

You guys are in for a real treat, for all the senses. This movie delivers in spades!!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 am

Ronpur wrote:
But, even with my excitement about Avengers, I can't help but feel disappointed that DC has never done a Justice League live action movie. I grew up with DC, and would love to see Superman,Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern together. Before the movies, I never read Thor or Ironman. If it hadn't been for the writer's strike a few years ago, JLA would have been a reality by now.....oh well. Just have to keep enjoying the Animated DC Universe.

DC is kicking themselves for getting behind the power curve. I love how when they were asked about trying to do one now (with the Marvel films being so successful) they say in essence that their heroes are so big that they stand on their own.

Riiiiiiiiight, and if that was the case, there would be no Justice League of America comics. Nor need to start bringing in other DC heroes to Smallville.

I thought Batman Begins was decent, so was Dark Knight (which I think is way overrated by many of the fanboys out there). I just don't think Bale brings anything major to the role, outside of a raspy voice.

DC might love their fanboy reputation for Nolan's films and box office take, but after DKR, that's all they got. They threw a lot into Green Lantern and it was a bust. They tried Superman Returns, and that wasn't the big success they wanted. They couldn't get the live action Wonder Woman going at all (and I wont even go into the tv series).

Right now, all their hopes are on the Man of Steel reboot. Even if that manages to be a breakout hit, that's only one potential trilogy... whereas Marvel has two more films coming EACH for Thor, Cap Am, Avengers (allegedly) and First Class. Yes there is potential I guess for the Spidey reboot to take off, but I just don't feel it happening.

DC will probably go the reboot or recast route like Spidey and try and keep the Bats franchise going, but I doubt it will be as successful as the Nolan run.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:21 am

Just Scott wrote:

Great comedy timings - in part - from Hulk. Thor & Ironman. That's all I'll say!!

Just what I would expect from Joss. He has always delivered excellent banter between his characters.

I'm so happy for Joss. Cabin in the Woods finally got released to much critical acclaim, and now Avengers.

To me, this is payback for his script being rejected for X Men Razz
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:09 pm

I shouldn't be surprised if the Hulk works better in the Avengers, where he's not the main focus and can react off of other characters more.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:42 pm

It is fantastic! Usually I'm a bit critical about movies, but I couldn't find a thing wrong with it! IT IS BRILLIANT! Go see it, all of you NOW!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:46 pm

CGren123 wrote:
Go see it, all of you NOW!

I'm sure everyone here would...if it were out in the US yet!
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:11 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=58867

6 Marvel Movie deal for Ruffalo!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:42 am

Back in my comic-book days I was mainly a fan of DC, but I have to admit that Marvel has always been better at continuity and crossovers. In all honesty, the whole reason the Crisis on Infinite Earths even came up was because DC's continuity was terrible.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this movie this weekend!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:59 am

Calixar wrote:
Back in my comic-book days I was mainly a fan of DC, but I have to admit that Marvel has always been better at continuity and crossovers. In all honesty, the whole reason the Crisis on Infinite Earths even came up was because DC's continuity was terrible.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this movie this weekend!

Definitely.

As a kid in the 70s, it was hard to read JLA and figure out what was up with all the different Earths and 'their' heroes.

Although it seems in the past decade or so that Marvel has ended up with a lot of convoluted history with trying to do 'major events' on a yearly basis and retconning things. I tried to read an overview of what had been happening in the X titles since I stopped collecting them (around the time of the 2nd Singer film) and it was pretty hard to follow.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:20 pm

CGren123 wrote:
It is fantastic! Usually I'm a bit critical about movies, but I couldn't find a thing wrong with it! IT IS BRILLIANT! Go see it, all of you NOW!

Going this Sunday cheers
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Hee hee... just read an article about how at a screening for Avengers, the projectionist accidentally deleted the film, so everyone had to wait til they were able to download the film again.

You would think that right before a show you would stay away from any Delete option or keys Razz
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Wow. Theaters really ARE digital now.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Yikes! Shocked I sure hope that doesn't happen at the midnight showing that I'm going to!

I've always been a Marvel fan, so I'm really glad that the movies have been so great. I just can't believe that The Avengers is finally coming out! I've been looking forward to it for months!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Ronpur wrote:

idk. they've done so many wonderfull animated movies with conroy and daily doing the voice i'm fine with it. lol
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:17 pm

oh and yeah! i'm super excited as well. marvel and joss whedon, what could go wrong!!!!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Avengers Assemble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers Assemble   Avengers Assemble EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:32 pm

hitman hart wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

idk. they've done so many wonderfull animated movies with conroy and daily doing the voice i'm fine with it. lol

I just found "Batman:Year One" and "Doom" at the local used DVD shop at lunch. I've enjoyed all these DC movies so far so looking forwrd to these two.

Still not seen Thor and probably should find a copy before seeing the Avengers. It was liked by the general public? Still haven't lost any sleep over not seeing the Green Lantern live action movie. Only heard bad things about it so waiting to find a $1.99 DVD (instead of shelling out $30 for a 3D disc).
Back to top Go down

Avengers Assemble
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next