Who North America
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Larry Koopa

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:24 am

Thank you for your help!
exilea wrote:
2. They release one set every once in a while. There are currently 4 new series decks that are all playable with each other. The classic deck has different stats but is still fun.
Are the four sets whole decks at once or are they randomized boosters? That is, do I have to buy four things or an infinite number of things?
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 am

You only need one deck to play. You don't have to buy all 4 of them, but having the different decks is a nice change of pace, and again they are compatible with each other if you wanted to combine them for a super long game! There aren't any boosters that I'm aware of, but every once in a while a rare/exclusive card may be released.
Back to top Go down
Larry Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:29 am

Excellent! Now I just have to find some for cheap...
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:44 am

Hi Larry, regarding the gameplay, there is a video running on the TT site which explains how the game is played.

http://www.toptrumps.com/usa_howto.asp
Back to top Go down
Larry Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:05 pm

That video answered my last question, which was, can multiple people play with one deck? I'm glad to hear that it IS like War. I was worried I was misunderstanding it. My next order from WhoNA will be a deck of Top Trumps!
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:55 pm

I just learned to play and got my first set of cards from Whona. This game is really fun and addicting even for older people. I am a school teacher and my 2nd grade boys loved it. The best thing was they didn’t even know they were learning. They have no idea who Doctor Who is but they liked the pictures and the game. I’m going to have to order some non- Who cards for them. cheers
Back to top Go down
Larry Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:04 pm

I just found out about WhoNA exclusive cards. Which cards are these and how do I get them?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Larry Koopa wrote:
I just found out about WhoNA exclusive cards. Which cards are these and how do I get them?

I don't think I know about them. Or is that the ones with the toys. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Larry Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:26 pm

Far as I know the toys only ever came with Dalek Sec.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:56 pm

I think Whona had a Lazo and a Master card they gave away when you made a purchase. But I think they are all gone. I am mad at myself because I had a few of these cards and gave them away before I got into the game. You could try a post in the trading section of the forum and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Larry Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Checking out the archive, it seems WhoNA had a Master card which sold out and they replaced it with Mother Bloodtide and Lazlo.
WhoNA/Jany, who have you got left and how do I request one be added to my next order?
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Oh wow I didn’t know about the Mother Bloodtide card. Question
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Ginger wrote:
Oh wow I didn’t know about the Mother Bloodtide card. Question

me neither. may have to ask for one in my next order.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:12 pm

No, we did not have the Mother Bloodtide card - only the Master and Lazslo cards.

If we have any left, you can request for the Lazslo card if the "Comment" section during checkout. Cards, if any left, are given only with existing orders.

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Larry Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Ah, sorry for the significant misunderstanding! I'm to understand there's no more Master cards?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Master cards long gone - this came out about 4 years ago.

Jany
Back to top Go down
Drathro

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Mother BloodTide was in Issue 7, September 2007 of BeanoMax,
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeconsolesandgames.co.uk
Larry Koopa

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks for the correction, Drathro!
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:55 am

There's a WhoNA Master TT card on eBay right now....for $17.99 Shocked
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:42 pm

exilea wrote:
There's a WhoNA Master TT card on eBay right now....for $17.99 Shocked

What the (BLEEP)?!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:39 am

Here is the latest 2011 Doctor Who Top Trumps deck, due out around July 4 in the UK, and I believe that its also coming to the US as well.

Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 248915_10150194488297315_546302314_7468843_2140321_n

"Join the Doctor, the last of the powerful Time Lords and his lively companion Amy Pond as they journey thorough time and space in the ever-indestructible TARDIS in this brand new edition of Doctor Who Top Trumps. From the Pandorica Alliance to the Silurian race, the Doctor has never faced such sinister enemies until he meets The Silence.

But who has the biggest Monster Rating of all and are you brave enough to find out?"
Back to top Go down
Radburn

Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Any word on a Super Top Trumps card for the new 2011 set? I know they did a Rory Last Centurion for the previous pack - I'm wondering if there has been any news for this pack?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 pm

I still need these. Hopefully I'll get them for Christmas. cheers bounce cheers cherry
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:27 am

adsdpial wrote:
Here is the latest 2011 Doctor Who Top Trumps deck, due out around July 4 in the UK, and I believe that its also coming to the US as well.

Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 248915_10150194488297315_546302314_7468843_2140321_n

"Join the Doctor, the last of the powerful Time Lords and his lively companion Amy Pond as they journey thorough time and space in the ever-indestructible TARDIS in this brand new edition of Doctor Who Top Trumps. From the Pandorica Alliance to the Silurian race, the Doctor has never faced such sinister enemies until he meets The Silence.

But who has the biggest Monster Rating of all and are you brave enough to find out?"

This deck came and went. The US now has a different distributor and as a result we are not getting as many decks.

Jany
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:25 am

Radburn wrote:
Any word on a Super Top Trumps card for the new 2011 set? I know they did a Rory Last Centurion for the previous pack - I'm wondering if there has been any news for this pack?

The Super Top Trumps card for the latest DW deck is "Astronaut" - it was handed out over in the UK at the Doctor Who Experience at Olympia Two in Kensington, London - I also understand that copies of the supercard are inserted in the recent Doctor Who Monopoly sets.
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Top Trumps
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next