17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Doctor Who Top Trumps Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:13 pm

I am setting up this thread for anyone interested in the Doctor Who Top Trumps game - cards, book and game.

"adspial" is our resident expert in this - he moderates for the Top Trumps website, and has very kindly agreed to be available to help you learn the game, etc.

Have a great time - the card game is VERY addictive, my youngest son got me into it and now I cannot wait for the new releases.

All Top Trumps merchandise are also available through our website from the card game to the DS game.

Have a great time!!

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
adsdpial
adsdpial

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks Jany - and hi everyone, Ian here. I'll try and keep the thread up to date with all the latest news etc. that I spot.

Maybe if anyone else spots anything Top Trumps related we can keep everyone up to date here too.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to help, cheers, Ian.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:14 pm

Here's one for ya Ian, With the classics they released the same Dalek Sec card here in the USA with them. Would it have killed them to put a classic one in there to promote that game?

Just asking, seemed like it would have been a shrewd marketing move to me.
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 am

This is where its great for us UK based Top Trumps fans to have some fans in the US too, so we can all keep a track of exactly whats out there with all the promo and marketing activity.

Can you tell me a bit more?, as from a reference point of view, its good to know where any US & UK supercards have been "placed", e.g in a comic, DVD or from a Convention etc.

Was it with the most recent Collectors Edition deck?, or one of the other 3 earlier sets?

If its the one I'm thinking of, from a geeky point of view ; ) , it did have a different back from the UK version of the same supercard.

Here's the UK Dalek Sec supercard, the US version has a different back. In the UK there was also a Mother Bloodtide supercard, and this was placed in a Beano comic.

Doctor Who Top Trumps N546302314_1029077_8912

I think I've mentioned this before, but the supercard for the 45 Years of Time Travel deck will be Davros, and in the UK that will be placed in the Series 4 Volume 4 DVD out on Sept 1st, although us UK fans are very jealous indeed of you guys in the US getting the cool Who NA supercard!, and if anyone can pop an image up of that, front and back, that would be cool !
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 5:54 am

Yes, it is the dalek Sec card that is in all the us released figures. I have like 20 of them now, should probably pitch them now. How many of these does one person need?

I dont play the game myself, but I have a lot of british friends that do.
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 6:27 am

I know the one you mean! - yes I agree, it would have been nice to maybe have had a few different supercards placed in them, maybe to build up a small set of them.

Still very collectible though being the US variation of the card, did you try the eBay route?, if you pop "Top Trumps supercard STT" in your listing, that should find all the collectors from their searches.

Here's the Mother Bloodtide UK card I mentioned above.

Doctor Who Top Trumps N546302314_1029076_8173
Back to top Go down
dca
dca

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 6:32 am

Hi everyone. I also moderate on the top trumps website and am big into both Top Trumps and Dr Who. Between us, Ian and I should be able to answer any Top Trumps related questions placed here.

We are especially interested at seeing an image of the Master WhoNA exclusive STT card that was handed out at the GenCon. If anyone can post any image it would be much appreciated. Cheers, Nick
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:47 am

The image below may change, but news that the next Top Trumps Doctor Who book, for Series 4, will be out on or around November 27th in the UK.

"Following the success of the previous "Top Trumps: Doctor Who" books, Haynes and Top Trumps have again teamed up to create a new book dedicated to the fourth series of the hit TV show. This pocket-sized guide features 45 characters from the fourth series, from The Doctor and Donna to Agatha Christie, the Sontarans and the Ood. Packed with stunning pictures, fascinating facts and all the vital statistics, it will keep kids and grown-ups quiet for hours."

Doctor Who Top Trumps N546302314_1156440_7749
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:46 am

And we will be carrying this book as well when it is released Very Happy

Jany
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Just to keep this thread up to date, some of you may be aware of an early set of Doctor Who Trumps cards, from back in 1978, by a company called Jotastar. They crop up on auction internet sites from time to time.

A fellow collector has his own Ultimate Top Trumps Reference site, and you can view a slide-show of the deck there, just click "next" when you've launched the link below to take a tour through this vintage set of Doctor Who Trump cards......

http://www.ultimate-top-trumps.co.uk/Slideshows/Misc/Dr.%20Who%201978/Doctor%20Who.html
Back to top Go down
dca
dca

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 6:22 am

Thanks to HW above for the image of the WhoNA exclusive Master Top Trumps Super card:
Doctor Who Top Trumps L_6331b89bae9c94e4d27edd29cdbd9e2b
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:05 am

Last stack of Master Supercards. Once they are gone, they are GONE.........

Jany
Back to top Go down
Dalek Thay

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:33 pm

The classic collectors cards are ace. Got our 6th Doctor card actually signed by Colin aswell! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Who North America wrote:
Last stack of Master Supercards. Once they are gone, they are GONE.........

Jany
Although I don't collect them, it is certainly cool to order in time to get one of these and see a TT card in person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 2:02 am

A few images have started to appear of the Davros Super Top Trump card, playable with the 45 Years deck.
It has been placed in 60,000 special-stickered copies of the Series 4, Volume 4 UK release (Turn Left - The Stolen Earth - Journey's End)

Here's one of the images I found on-line, together with an image of the DVD with the special sticker saying that the STT is inside......

Doctor Who Top Trumps N546302314_1195836_3160

Doctor Who Top Trumps N546302314_1130000_1286
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:19 am

I hope this is the correct info for you, but I just spotted in my local UK Woolworths today that there appears to be a couple of variations of the Series 4 Volume 4 DVD, in relation to the colour of the promotional sticker on them, in my case red or yellow.
I only bought the yellow stickered S4V4 version, however, both red and yellow stickered versions mention the Davros super Top Trumps card is inside, but the yellow coloured sticker on the DVD also mentions that there is a "detachable Davros cover" included too, so I think I'm correct in saying that you have to be sure to buy the right copy of the S4V4 DVD with both Super Top Trumps and Detachable Cover mentioned on the little yellow sticker if you want both to be included inside?

The detachable Davros cover can be torn off from the main DVD cover to make a mini A4 type size poster, which is an enlarged version of the main DVD cover picture.

Doctor Who Top Trumps N546302314_1209468_6503
Back to top Go down
Drathro

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 am

davros is also in the trial of a timelord dvd
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeconsolesandgames.co.uk
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Thanks for that, thats interesting, is it out yet? - that was the other place where I thought it could go, has it got exactly the same back to the card etc. do you know? Smile
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:53 am

This sticker business with the S4V4 DVD is starting to get a bit confusing, as I spotted on another board that the colour of the sticker may not be relevant, but more so what is actually printed on it as to what you'll find inside the DVD.
I'm not sure why they decided to make it this confusing, someone somewhere who thought the idea up must be having a laugh with us all I think !
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 6:47 am

re the Davros supercard for the 45 Years deck.....

For fellow supercard fans, I've just found out that there is a US version of the Davros Super Top Trumps card, going into a BBC America DW Box Set/sets? - I'm not sure which box set/sets, I guess DVD's ????, maybe someone else here may be able to help us out there? Question - but I understand that the card is exactly the same on the front, but has the US supercard branding on its back. Sad I know to want to have both, lol, but nice to add to the collection if anyone spots it in the US.........
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 5:16 am

A little off-topic, but hot off the press just so you guys are in the know, a set of 007 - The Best Of Bond Top Trumps have just been announced, available from November - sounds like it'll be a cool set. - I'll post more when more details are available........
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 am

More UK news here, but may be useful to you if you know of any UK contacts that are going to the Doctor Who Exhibition at Earls Court in London......

The UK Davros Super Top Trumps card is being handed out from this Saturday at the Doctor Who Earls Court Exhibition.

There is a slight tiny difference from the S4V4 Davros UK DVD STT to the reverse of the one handed out at the Earls Court Exhibition.
Under the picture of the Doctor Who 45 Years Collectors edition info it says "Available now in the retail shop at the end of the exhibition"

"The DAVROS Super Top Trump card will be handed out at admissions from Saturday 27th September until November 9th to coincide with Davros, the Doctor’s arch enemy and leader of the Daleks, who will be on display at the Earls Court Exhibition."
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:25 am

Just spotted that the Top Trumps site have announced that the Doctor Who Wii game will be out from December 5th, they have it priced in the UK at £19.99 from their Store, with a free copy of the Doctor Who Collectors Edition Top Trumps thrown in.

I've also spotted it on other UK sites as a pre-order for £14.98 (correct as of today), but with no free DW Collectors Edition Top Trumps pack.

I'm not an expert on these console games, so I'm not 100% sure about the regionalisation, but I understand it should work on all PAL decks, (in English) - but I just thought I'd let you guys know it's coming out as a Wii title on 5th December.

Doctor Who Top Trumps 51RdOvqra1L._SL500_AA280_
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 1:45 pm

If anybody wants a few bucks for their duplicate supercards, PM me. I'm interested Smile
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 2:08 pm

adsdpial wrote:
Just spotted that the Top Trumps site have announced that the Doctor Who Wii game will be out from December 5th, they have it priced in the UK at £19.99 from their Store, with a free copy of the Doctor Who Collectors Edition Top Trumps thrown in.

I've also spotted it on other UK sites as a pre-order for £14.98 (correct as of today), but with no free DW Collectors Edition Top Trumps pack.

I'm not an expert on these console games, so I'm not 100% sure about the regionalisation, but I understand it should work on all PAL decks, (in English) - but I just thought I'd let you guys know it's coming out as a Wii title on 5th December.

Doctor Who Top Trumps 51RdOvqra1L._SL500_AA280_

Just so people on the US side know that PAL version is not compatible with US Region 1 NTSC version. If the Wii game is region encoded than this PAL version will not play on US consoles :-(

Jany
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Top Trumps
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next