18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

The Man of Steel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:18 pm

My brother got the "Superman" and "Atom Man vs. Superman" serials through Netflix. Despite the laughable effects, these might be some of the best Superman movies ever.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 pm

This trailer looks pretty epic. Hopefully Zach Snyder will deliver the goods...with Chris Nolan producing, there is hope yet...(at least for me).

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 pm

The new trailer is all kinds of epic. Can't wait for this one.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:08 pm

I'll see it, but I have no expectations whatsoever.

Singer had a lot of street cred from the X Men films (I have no idea why) and Supes Returns didn't cut it.

Snyder has done some good stuff, but some bad stuff too. I view Nolan the same way as I do Singer- the Bats films were decent, but not as great as most make them out to be.

I hope it's worth it, but it has been a while since DC has brought the goods for one of its films (1989 to me).
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

im excited!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Love the new trailer! First time I've been really pumped to see it. Love how different if feels from the other films.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:48 am

like it fits in nolan's universe!!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 am

I really enjoyed the sequence with young Clark and Martha, with Clark hiding because his super hearing has awakened and rather then cower in fear of what this could mean, Martha talks him through it.

Similarly, Jonathan wrestling with the idea that his son is "special" and the lengths needed to keep that hidden. While that is a slap in the face moment when you consider Jonathan Kent's character, it makes him human.

I'm willing to see more now.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 pm

http://io9.com/5977847/supermans-pal-jimmy-olsen-could-look-a-lot-different-in-man-of-steel
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 pm

If she's got the right personality for it, I don't mind.

But Gender Swapping for the sake of it - and likely throwing in some stupid love triangle subplot (Lois is the woman Clark wants, Jenny is the woman Clark can have), I'll be seriously frowny face. They already have a character to fill that role - Kat.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:08 am

Not to mention Lana.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 am

I was not liking Starbuck being changed into a woman until I watched her first episode. Wait and see is always my motto.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 am

Not enthused about this... Lois' hair, Perry White's ethnicity, Jimmy Olsen's gender... Is there a reason for these changes or is it to say "Yeah, we're not the Christopher Reeve or Brandon Routh movies!"

Because pretty much, people were wanting a clean reboot when Superman Returns was released. Either that or a continuation of Smallville.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Yeah...I myself will definitely be catching this once it comes out...

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:32 pm

This looks fantastic! The latest trailer is stunning. I really can't wait for this!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:44 pm

We're getting so close! I don't often get statues, but I got this guy the other day to put in my office. The other three statues are on their way. I love the designs on this movie (the colors look brighter in the picture than in real life):
The Man of Steel - Page 2 8960580489_e429a78cac_z

I also got the Movie Masters figures:
The Man of Steel - Page 2 8887455446_d7bd5a11a0_z
The Man of Steel - Page 2 8887455990_0f82a5cce7_z
The Man of Steel - Page 2 8886832443_14ec8e8950_z
The Man of Steel - Page 2 8845321017_dfb4bee41b_z
The Man of Steel - Page 2 8886831915_1ca93aa231_z
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Man, removing the red trunks just gives him a huge unappealing block of blue. I know this is in line with how he looks in the comics now, but it's odd how much I miss the red trunks to break up the blue.

And yes. I'm criticizing the coloring of Superman's crotch. It's only weird if you make it weird. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 pm

I get what you're saying, Rust. The trunks really do give the costume less of a naked look. But I'm sure that someone 20 years from now will look at the old Superman costume and think it looks awkward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:35 pm

I don't miss the red trunks one iota. The broke up the blue with the designs and there's a hint of the belt. I think the movie costume is better than the New 52 one by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Oh I'm not saying the costume looks bad (It looked really overdetailed until I learned the origin of the suit in the film, then I had no issue with it). It's just gonna take some time getting use to a Superman that doesn't wear underwear on the outside.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:19 pm

I am jealous!! We've gotta wait until September here in the UK. I think I will order one early from the US but it'll cost a bomb. Worth it, though. These are so good! Thanks for the pics, Jonwes! Very Happy

Only a week until its release here in Britain! I am buzzing for this movie! I honestly haven't been more excited for a film... Not even Avengers! Can't wait to see this! cheers
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:15 am

Rust wrote:
Man, removing the red trunks just gives him a huge unappealing block of blue. I know this is in line with how he looks in the comics now, but it's odd how much I miss the red trunks to break up the blue.

And yes. I'm criticizing the coloring of Superman's crotch. It's only weird if you make it weird. Laughing

After 70+ years with the trunks...dude looks naked. Historically, Superman has always been "covered" in that area and now he isn't. Perhaps it's a symbol that this Superman will be more vulnerable and relatable than previous film versions. (No, sorry, can't keep a straight face... Razz) Interesting how DC/Warner left the costume "virtually" unchanged...they kept the circus strongman cape and boots, but stripped his "pants" off. I say, if you're ashamed of the red trunks ditch the cape and boots too. At least they could've made the lower half of the costume red (with built-in boots) so he could fly around with some "pants" on.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Batman lost his undies in the movies decades ago,and it never detracted from my enjoyment of the films. I doubt it will have much effect with Man of Steel. I want things different in the movies,lol.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Bats has lost everything in the movies. Seriously, I made a game starting with Batman Forever - find the chest emblem. I never could see it in Nolan flicks - it's only via promo pictures I knew it was there.

As for Man of Steel, heard a spoiler relating to the ending that might cause the movie to be divisive.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:49 am

I love the pants, they're very signature to Supes, however this 'Man of Steel' costume looks far more realistic in a modern world, IMO. I think it makes it more believable, and perhaps just as importantly, it looks bloomin' awesome, too.

Here's an extract from an interview with Cavill in the latest issue of SciFiNow:

Quote :
Out of his motion-capture space armour, Michael Shannon's costume is the same muscle-clinging, muted blue colour with basketball-like texture as our hero. This toned down suit was necessary if they wanted to be taken seriously, says Cavill. "To have a costume like the older version in this day and age - where sci-fi has come such a long way and people have certain expectations - wouldn't quite work. It wouldn't lend the gravitas to the character, because kids are going to go, 'Why is he wearing pyjamas?' That's our new generation, and this is who it's for. Yes, it's for adults as well, but the kids are the ones who are going to grow up without any knowledge of previous incarnations, and they will probably look at them and say, 'Why is he wearing his underwear on the outside?'"
Back to top Go down

The Man of Steel
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next