AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Me earlier today:

"Huh, you know, Jimmy Olsen rarely gets played by a red-headed guy. I wonder who's playing him in 'The Man of Steel'?"
*Checks IMDb.*
"... Why isn't Jimmy listed on the cast list? ... They aren't NOT having him in it, are they? ... THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO SUCK!"
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Can't say that I'm looking forward to this after what I've seen and read. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

This is one instance where I hope they release the book based on the script before the movie comes out.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Jimmy Olsen was just kind of there in the previous Superman movies & Post-Crisis comics, so maybe it's a good idea to leave him out until they find something interesting to do in the sequel so they can develop the other characters more in this one.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:47 pm

I really like Henry Cavill as an actor, so I have hope for this movie still.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:23 am

Some sites say they may have not announced him yet. Jimmy's been one of my favorite DC characters since forever.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:18 am

I'm more concerned about Amy Adams not going brunette for Lois. Now how am I supposed to tell her apart from Lana?
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:20 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
I'm more concerned about Amy Adams not going brunette for Lois. Now how am I supposed to tell her apart from Lana?
Shocked
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Trust in Nolan.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Jimmy Olsen was just kind of there in the previous Superman movies & Post-Crisis comics, so maybe it's a good idea to leave him out until they find something interesting to do in the sequel so they can develop the other characters more in this one.

What they should do is adapt Kirby's "Jimmy Olsen" for the big screen. That would rock, he said without a trace of irony. Gotta do it soon, while Don Rickles is still with us.

Don't ask...just see it!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

What they should do is adapt Kirby's "Jimmy Olsen" for the big screen. That would rock, he said without a trace of irony. Gotta do it soon, while Don Rickles is still with us.

Don't ask...just see it!
Yuck. (I read the entire run of Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, and loved it, even though I now conclude that Silver Age Jimmy was definitely bisexual.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Ronpur wrote:

I've seen him in a couple films, though I don't know him too well ... but he sure looks great in that suit.

...(that's my only opinion on this movie)...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:51 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

I've seen him in a couple films, though I don't know him too well ... but he sure looks great in that suit.

...(that's my only opinion on this movie)...

The Tudors was the first thing I saw him in.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:29 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

Don't ask...just see it!
Yuck. (I read the entire run of Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, and loved it, even though I now conclude that Silver Age Jimmy was definitely bisexual.)

At least.

Personally, I've always found it hard to distinguish Conan O'Brien from Silver Age Jimmy Olsen for some reason. Maybe DC's animation wing could adapt the wackiest of the Silver Age stories starring the voice of O'Brien (and Rickles, of course)...

Anyway, the movie...I think a Superman movie without Jimmy Olsen would be like making a Spider-Man movie without J. Jonah Jameson. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:28 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:

Don't ask...just see it!

At least.

Personally, I've always found it hard to distinguish Conan O'Brien from Silver Age Jimmy Olsen for some reason. Maybe DC's animation wing could adapt the wackiest of the Silver Age stories starring the voice of O'Brien (and Rickles, of course)...

Anyway, the movie...I think a Superman movie without Jimmy Olsen would be like making a Spider-Man movie without J. Jonah Jameson. Rolling Eyes

Well, not once during Amazing Spiderman did I miss J. Jonah Jameson, and I am sure if the movie is good, I won't miss Jimmy Olson either.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:15 pm

the only thing that has me kinda scared is the costume. lol i didn't realize how important the red underwear was until it was gone!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 pm

hitman hart wrote:
the only thing that has me kinda scared is the costume. lol i didn't realize how important the red underwear was until it was gone!! Very Happy

It reminds me of The Eradicator a bit!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 pm

hitman hart wrote:

I actually think it's so much better now, without it!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Saw the comic-con trailer (blurry, but could still make it out for the most part). Looks pretty good - also saw a couple of teaser trailers which were ok, but the comic-con one was better and longer. Hope to see a good quality version soon.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Saw the trailer before TDKR - looks good!!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Just Scott wrote:
Saw the trailer before TDKR - looks good!!

I did as well - the one I saw had Pa Kent narrating. There is another one floating around online that has Jor-El narrating.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Oooooh! Need to watch out for that one!!
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 am

I just want to hear the Amy Adams musical number while she and Superman are flying! I hear it will be amazing and far better than the poetry reading in the original Superman movie (with Margot Kidder).
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:38 am

Who North America wrote:
I just want to hear the Amy Adams musical number while she and Superman are flying! I hear it will be amazing and far better than the poetry reading in the original Superman movie (with Margot Kidder).

Is that the one that has her dancing with Muppets?
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:30 am

If this movie has muppets in it, I will be so happy.

SUPER GROVER
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

The Man of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:06 am

Read an article about how they won't be going with the Williams theme. Their rationale was that they shouldn't be starting 'from scratch', then borrowing music from the previous films.

Zimmer will have his hands full trying to come up with something on that scale.

I finally saw the teaser trailer. I'll be waiting for the first full trailer, but so far I am not interested enough to want to catch this at the theater.

Back to top Go down

The Man of Steel
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next