18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

The Man of Steel - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 12:05 am

Yeah, the Jenny Olsen thing is weird. A tie-in book called her that, too. But maybe they thought better of it and changed their mind before filming.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:16 pm

http://www.the-editing-room.com/man-of-steel.html
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 pm

im not going to trash this movie just because I didn't like it very much, cause I don't believe in that stuff, but I gotta say I just was underwhelmed by it. lol I had a lot of friends who liked it and that's cool. I think what did it in for me was that I just rewatched all the justice league animated series seasons back to back before I went to see the movie and the story telling of the likes of the late Dwayne McDuffie, and Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and so on is just so good I wish that they would tap those guys for movie scripts. lol the fight scenes are imho a lot better in the animated show and a lot more thought out in that show. I mean theres only so many times you can see someone punched through seven buildings before it just gets boring, also im sorry but the scene with the zod and supes at the end was pretty laughable. I thought cavil was great, I think the cast was good, I actually think the next one will be a lot more my speed, I found the last few minutes the most enjoyable part of the movie and I think it was because he was finally clark kent and superman at the same time at the end, which for someone who grew up with Christopher reeves is just so important to me . idk, maybe I'm just stuck in the past with chris, lol no one will ever fill that cape for me. maybe i'll take jonwes's comments to heart and see it again knowing what to expect might lessen the blows of things I found disappointing lol
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:47 am

If you didn't like it the first time, I wouldn't pay theatre prices for your second viewing. Wait till it comes out on DVD.
I liked that the character actor they picked to play Jax-Ur the evil Kryptonian scientist.
Instead of the broken monkey skull Codex, the MacGuffin should've been Brainiac (DCAU style) to set up a sequel.
I preferred the more organic Kryptonian armors with falily shields on them to the metal ones they scavenged.
Deborah Snyder joked that the one empty cryopod in the Fortress of Solitude could foreshadow Supergirl.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:24 am

Oh, they set up a sequel, but very subtly. During the big battle, watch for things that say "LexCorp" on them, like a fuel truck.
I'm betting that the next film is the wealthy, Trump-like, Lex Luthor stirring up anti-Superman sentiment... after all, look at the death and destruction caused by the mere presence of this so-called "hero."
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:09 pm

I have been told, that Zod's Kryptonian armor was removed in a Lexcorp building construction site. Armored Lex in the next movie?
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm very excited about finally seeing tycoon Lex instead of obsessed with real estate Lex. He'll have to heavily modify Zod's armor to make it do something beyond a retractable helmet (which is a feature his other armors could really use). I'd still rather have him make Metallo to fight Superman rather than get his hands dirty.

Last edited by Evil Monkey Pope on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 5:49 pm

I personally want to see Lex take on a adversarial role but not a villainous one. Lex works best when he's a guy with a point rather then a grudge. I'd like to see him get his hands on Krytonian tech (Like say, Brainiac), build Metallo, lose control of said Kryptonian tech, and then have to work with Superman to undo the damage he himself is causing.

Lex the Super Villain is just so...boring. I prefer more of Superman: The Animated Series Lex Luthor - one who never really got his hands dirty.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:02 pm

I concur. He's gotta be playing Xanatos gambits so that even if Supes foils his short term plans Lex still wins in the long run. He needs to be smart & influential enough that he remains a formidable adversary through the rest of the franchise & possibly the eventual Justice League movie. And there better not be a scene where he lets himself be put in a plexiglass cage!
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:04 am

Finally got round to seeing the film the other day.......it was........OK, I guess.

The ball bearing CGI was overdone, IMO

I love the "take shelter in that building - it isn't safe out here" kinda thing..........only to, minutes later, throw a Kryptonian through said building.....likely killing the person.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
If you didn't like it the first time, I wouldn't pay theatre prices for your second viewing. Wait till it comes out on DVD.
I liked that the character actor they picked to play Jax-Ur the evil Kryptonian scientist.
Instead of the broken monkey skull Codex, the MacGuffin should've been Brainiac (DCAU style) to set up a sequel.
I preferred the more organic Kryptonian armors with falily shields on them to the metal ones they scavenged.
Deborah Snyder joked that the one empty cryopod in the Fortress of Solitude could foreshadow Supergirl.

agreed! I was gonna wait till it came out on cable or the dollar movie theatre we have here! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:43 pm

One of my pals hates this movie because she insists Superman shouldn't fly because he was originally intended just to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Zod & Supes apparently crashed through a Wayne Enterprises satellite.
The really tall Kryptonian evocative of Non was named Nam-Ek. I thought this was a DBZ reference but there was a Phantom Zone criminal named Nam-Ek the Antibiotic Man. While  advancing Krypton's medical knowledge by illegally vivisecting endangered Rondors, he developed thick purple skin & a glowing horn from his forehead. I am now very disappointed that he's such an obscure character.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm sure you'll have all heard the BIG news by now, but in case you haven't, here it is from Snyder himself... Very Happy

This is overwhelming.

Can. Not. WAIT! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 1:26 pm

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2013/07/reasons_why_a_supermanbatman_movie_might_not_be_a.php
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Wow. They don't even have a script or cast Batman and some people are saying this movies sucks. My co worker has that attitude, because he can't see Batman fighting Superman and not getting killed. I tried to explain that he just needs to wait and see. Because they said they wanted a few elements from DKR, doesn't mean they are adapting it for the screen, no more than a few elements from Year One in Batman Begins meant it was an adaptation of that comic. I also tried to explain that with past stories I have read, Batman doesn't always get along with Superman, but they always work together when it counts, to which he replied that we already saw that in Avengers. I just don't see the point of hating a movie that hasn't been made yet. I can't wait to see another vision of my favorite characters..
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 pm

I personally am intrigued by how they'll work it.
In my mind, Lex Luthor sees Superman as a threat to the safety of Metropolis and opposes him for that reason. Somehow he manipulates events so that Batman comes after Superman... of course, Kryptonite will come into play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Wow.  They don't even have a script or cast Batman and some people are saying this movies sucks.

I think its a great idea... but I also believe that it would be a mistake to get hyped over it.

DC to me still hasn't proven they can make a good film outside of their DK trilogy. Yes, Meh of Steel made money and was successful, but it wasn't a good film. I'd call it even at average or decent.

So with all the pressure knowing that if they blew the 2nd attempt to restart Supes and the best they came up with was Meh (especially gravy training off of the best plot from the Reeve era)... you can throw Bats in a sequel and it still end up to not be that good of a film.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Ben Affleck.....Batman.

I will need a while to think about this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Ben Affleck.....Batman.

I will need a while to think about this.
Try not to throw things.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:27 pm

I try to think about how I felt when I heard the names Michael Keaton and Heath Ledger.  And not to prejudge things.

But Ben Affleck.......wow.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 4:48 am

It could work.

It's just getting my brain to wrap around the idea of Ben Affleck playing a "Older and Wiser" character when I could have sworn he was one of Hollywood's Hot New Hunks...which he was. 20 years ago.

Curse you, Old Age!
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:03 am

It was as if millions of comic fans suddenly cried out in Nerd Rage...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:22 pm

I haven't seen Daredevil yet. I have seen Affleck as Daredevil in Trial of the Incredible Hulk though, and although I really dislike that movie overall, Affleck as Daredevil was the one thing I enjoyed about it.

I don't think I've really seen him in anything else so I can't really make a fair judgement as to whether or not he'll make a good Batman. I guess that's a good thing, really. We'll see how this pans out though, I guess!

Last edited by Scary on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Scary wrote:
I haven't seen Daredevil yet. I have seen Affleck as Daredevil in Trial of the Incredible Hulk though, and although I really dislike that movie overall, Affleck as Daredevil was the one thing I enjoyed about it.

I don't think I've really seen him in anything else so I can't really make a fair judgement as to whether or not he'll make a good Batman. I guess that's a good thing, really. We'll see how this pans out though, I guess!
Not Affleck in Trial. That was Rex Smith aka Jessie Mach from Streethawk Smile

And I thought he did a great job as Matt too.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Man of Steel   The Man of Steel - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Ah.

Well then. Razz
Back to top Go down

The Man of Steel
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next