25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 11:38 am

Any chances that WhoNA will get the B&M sets? I heard there is no longer an “official” doctor who merch distributor in the US.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 9:37 pm

These sets are going to be a pain in the arse to get in the USA. With no official distributor in North America. I see these releases being a challenge to get ahold of (with out paying md money on Flea Bay )
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2018-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 3:34 pm

Hi all,
Not sure what's happening with your stateside supplier this time but if people want me to get these sets then feel free to get in touch. I know postage to States has gone up since I last sent sets to people on here (it's now $45 for an up to 2kg parcel with international standard) but I'm happy to help if there's no better options than ebaying them. I'll be getting all the sets myself anyway so send me a message if anyone wants help with getting them.
Dave

Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 7:13 am

Hi all,

Following previous post, a 1kg parcel can be sent tracked only for $35. If you want your figures loose then 9 can easily make this weight limit (not keen on sending daleks loose as they can break easily). I'm also happy to post to one person who could then split one big parcel into smaller ones so you could split postage costs between yourselves.

Thanks,
Dave
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2021 5:21 pm

Hello WhoNA,

Any chance you've got your UK based team sending any of these sets over?  Always want to give you the first crack at selling me figures before I resort to "other means".

You fixed me up good with the Terror of the Zygons sets and the Companion sets before. Not sure if you've managed a more reliable supply for these imports.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
stanlow

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 7:56 am

squishy wrote:

You fixed me up good with the Terror of the Zygons sets and the Companion sets before.  Not sure if you've managed a more reliable supply for these imports.

I’d prefer a more reliable DWM distributor. With the previous distributor, the new issues would be on site the Monday or Tuesday following UK release. With the current distributor, several issues have never been offered and it seems like many specials are significantly delayed. The latest special still has not appeared 2-3 weeks out from UK release.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 1:49 pm

The Amazon seller doesn't even show up on a search anymore, so with luck those that want them, WhoNA can get them.
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 3:05 pm

I'll be Voord hunting over the weekend if anyone wants me to track down figure sets. They're out for distribution tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some joy. Message me if you want any!
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Update for you all: managed to get most people's Voords and Sensorites sets today so will get these posted ASAP. No dalek sets in my area as yet but two local stores are expecting them!
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 pm

Dave G wrote:
Update for you all: managed to get most people's Voords and Sensorites sets today so will get these posted ASAP. No dalek sets in my area as yet but two local stores are expecting them!

Great news! Thanks Dave!
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Finally have confirmation that the first batch has been obtained and we will see some within a week.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Great news, thanks WHONA!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2021 10:41 pm

Super! I'll be keeping an eye out or them. pirat
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 8:49 am

Here is the now third use of the Sharez Jek figure Mold; The Five Doctors. It is not out yet, just a leak some of the Brits are passing around. I have seen it posted on at least FOUR facebook groups when I woke up this morning!

I am sure Sea Devil will be all over this one!

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 5_doc_10
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 11:10 am

OMG They FINALLY release a Pertwee figure without a “tie”!!!

Thanks Whooz!

And it’s at least the 5th use of that Shiraz Jek body.
1. Shiraz Jek
2. Axon (gold)
3. Voord
4. Sensorite
5. Raston Warrior Robot

I still feel like I’m forgetting one.

Also… That cyberman is interesting.  He’s not just an Earthshock or Silver Nemesis repaint, is he?  Note the feet.  Maybe it’s the Earthshock head, and maybe the “Rogue” Attack of the Cybermen body?

I was going to pass on this one, but it’s such a nice set I’ll have to pick it up if I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 3:56 pm

Whooz wrote:

you know it, brutha...
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 3:12 pm

Yes please!
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 4:48 pm

I just went to Gen Con Indy and got to go to WhoNA IN PERSON!! It was beyond awesome.

This news jives with what I heard there.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 5:39 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Whooz wrote:

you know it, brutha...

I will be too!!!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 4:28 pm

Keith is my HERO!
Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 Whona_10

A couple dings on the Voord and Sensorite sets, but I open them all anyway. Except I've been leaving the History of the Daleks in their boxes and those have pretty good fronts. I'm happy and it wasn't any worse than trying to order from e-Bay.co.uk.

Way to go, WhoNA! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Glad you got them safely!

Our second box still has not shown up today because FedEx said we were closed today...

FedEx irritates me no end sometimes...
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 10:30 am

DANG! I logged in about five minutes after WHONA’s post about the arrival of the second box. No “History of the Daleks 7” sets! Sold out already?
Back to top Go down
Iron-Cow
Iron-Cow

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:05 am

Ordered the Marinus set! Wish I could have sprung for both, but I'm just grateful y'all were able to get these in stock. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironcowprod.com
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 1:36 pm

thebreen wrote:
DANG!  I logged in about five minutes after WHONA’s post about the arrival of the second box.  No “History of the Daleks 7” sets!  Sold out already?

There were no more History of the Daleks Sets in this box.

A quick note about package condition and why the B&M boxes are NEVER mint...

We get these directly from a local B&M store BEFORE they hit the shelves, but they already have a B&M sticker barcode attached to the box, which means these packages have been opened from their original cases at a B&M distribution center prior to shipping to the individual stores.

The stickers are haphazardly stuck to the product boxes, which shows they are essentially manhandled at the distribution center, with workers moving as quickly as possible to sticker the figure sets. After this, they are separated out and sent to individual stores, likely with other products. By the time our contact in the UK gets them to consolidate them and ship them to us, they are already in somewhat rough condition. By the time they arrive to us (because they are NOT shipped in their original boxes), they arrive in even worse condition.

That is not to say they all look "terrible" by any means, but they are not handled in a protective way at any point in the supply chain, other than by us and the person obtaining them for us.
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 10:49 pm

WhoNA is brilliant for getting these to us. Thank you!

I got ahold of some Voord and I have customized two to create the submersible Voord with the trident antenna and Yartek, by using the Star Wars black series Princess Leia robe. I am planning to sew on Yartek's bling once I make the collar - this is just a rough draft. I'm like a kid in a candy store!

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 3 Img_e810
Back to top Go down

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next