25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 7:28 am

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 22002610
Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 22032010
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 7:53 am

News from the video release, "this is the one and only release for this [fur coat 2nd] figure.  There will be no variants released of this figure.  So there will be no Five Doctors version released in any B&M set and certainly not in the foreseeable future. The proviso of these exclusives is that they are completely Exclusive Limited Editions."

So I guess this means that this will be the ONLY fur coat 2nd Doctor released and my guess about a Five Doctors set including this guy in the darker brown fur coat was incorrect.  Al Dewar has personally vowed that there are no plans for upcoming variants of this sculpt.  He reads several message boards and was kind enough to post elsewhere that our speculation was incorrect and this is our only chance.

Rings up to £34 + £11.44 shipping = $61 for folks in the USA when using the Character Options website.  Normally £39.99, but they remove the VAT for overseas sales.  A bit steep, but this is not a mass market retail with 20,000 figures going to B&M shops across the UK.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 9:08 am

Correct, Squishy. This is like the "Jungle of Mechanus" set from last year: it's an online exclusive, only available direct from Character Options themselves, so there won't be any 'North American' distributor, WhoNA or otherwise.

Only way to get this in the US is to order direct, or wait for the second-hand market.

I'm not sure if it's the case with this set (I'm not buying it), but with the Mechanus set, the postage price for two sets was the same as for one, so I ordered two to make my "per-unit" cost lower, and that also gave me a set to sell on in the future, now that it's OOP.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 9:51 am

I guess I was more warning people that our/my earlier speculation about getting two different releases with the Fur Coat 2nd Doctor was incorrect. There were a couple images floating around with the figure in a darker brown fur coat that was heavily speculated as being part of the upcoming Five Doctors set. Al Dewar has now stated that there is no second release of this mould planned and that if you want the Fur Coat 2nd Doctor this is your only chance. I could see a group of fans who pass on this set with its expensive electronic TARDIS expecting that a B&M 3-pack would show up later this year for cheaper. That is not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 11:43 am

amckinney wrote:
Correct, Squishy. This is like the "Jungle of Mechanus" set from last year: it's an online exclusive, only available direct from Character Options themselves, so there won't be any 'North American' distributor, WhoNA or otherwise.

Only way to get this in the US is to order direct, or wait for the second-hand market.

WhoNA got several Jungles of Mechanus sets a little while after their release on the CO website. I got my set from WhoNA.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 1:10 pm

If I hadn't been knocked down to part time status I would have gotten one of these. I like how they kept the sign box on the right hand side as it appeared in the season itself.
Back to top Go down
tboneterry2
tboneterry2

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 1:29 pm

Well ordered 3 sets 2 for me, one for a long time doctor who fan. I'm ecstatic just to get this. I hope it opens up a door for a repaint down the road but I'm not holding back on getting this one. I prefer to get my stuff from DWNA. This was a huge surprise we will see what the future holds.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 5:46 pm

I broke down and got it direct from CO after stating 30 minutes prior that I would not. Oh well I wont have to sit and wonder how silly prices will be on the after market in about 6 months time.
Back to top Go down
tboneterry2
tboneterry2

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 pm

I've been so blown away that we are getting the 2nd doctor in his fur coat, also getting that tardis as well way cool, again great job c.o.l
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 1:02 am

Came out to $64.03 on my Capital One credit Card. Still now I will have 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 11th, 12th and 13th Electronic TARDIS' and and a non electric version of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. . . Doctors models.
Back to top Go down
tboneterry2
tboneterry2

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Well it appears they sold out of the 2nd doctor in fur coat set. Sad but a good thing, I have seen the picture of the web of fear Abominable snowman prototype which when leaked killed it. I've wondered if they also did a prototype of the yeti from the Abominable snowman. These would be awesome sellers should they decide to do an exclusive on those. I would go for several if they did. I know they said no 2nd doctor in the brown fur coat, with this one selling out I think that would open a door for that possibility down the road. If not still ecstatic about what we have gotten. Thank you charecter options.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 7:42 pm

tboneterry2 wrote:
Well it appears they sold out of the 2nd doctor in fur coat set. Sad but a good thing, I have seen the picture of the web of fear Abominable snowman prototype which when leaked killed it. I've wondered if they also did a prototype of the yeti from the Abominable snowman. These would be awesome sellers should they decide to do an exclusive on those. I would go for several  if they did. I know they said no 2nd doctor in the brown fur coat, with this one selling out I think that would open a door for that possibility down the road. If not still ecstatic about what we have gotten.  Thank you charecter options.
I think the current rumor is that the difficulties with the Lincoln-Haisman estate may have been ironed out. Doesn't mean that the Yeti is now a sure thing, but this recent Fur Coat version of Troughton sure does point in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 1:42 pm

squishy wrote:
tboneterry2 wrote:
Well it appears they sold out of the 2nd doctor in fur coat set. Sad but a good thing, I have seen the picture of the web of fear Abominable snowman prototype which when leaked killed it. I've wondered if they also did a prototype of the yeti from the Abominable snowman. These would be awesome sellers should they decide to do an exclusive on those. I would go for several  if they did. I know they said no 2nd doctor in the brown fur coat, with this one selling out I think that would open a door for that possibility down the road. If not still ecstatic about what we have gotten.  Thank you charecter options.
I think the current rumor is that the difficulties with the Lincoln-Haisman estate may have been ironed out.  Doesn't mean that the Yeti is now a sure thing, but this recent Fur Coat version of Troughton sure does point in the right direction.

Well if they ever make that Yeti, I'm getting at least 6, hopefully from WhoNA.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 2:11 pm

Lets not forget the Fur coat has nothing to do with the Yeti, it was also worn in "The Ice Warriors". This is simply a matter of putting the coat on top of an existing figure. It was no different than putting the robes over the Master in "The Daemons" set from about 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
tboneterry2
tboneterry2

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2021 11:53 am

Well got another Axon both versions and a krynoid ordered for my set 6 each. So if they ever do make the yeti's I can justify 6 each for my set. They better do more then 4,000 of those if they do make it it would also be a hot seller lol. If not still very happy with what we've gotten.
Back to top Go down
Beamus
Beamus

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2021 5:11 pm

I received mine in the mail today in Louisiana. I ordered it on the first day available. I have to say I was stunned it made it so quick.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2021 7:37 pm

Mine arrived in West Virginia on Wednesday. Still not bad shipping time at all.
Back to top Go down
Beamus
Beamus

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 10:55 am

The latest video has dropped and Ian is part of the Voord set!!!!
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Beamus from LA? Not THE Beamus from LPB??   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 1:35 pm

Beamus wrote:

You wouldn't be the Beamus from LPB Doctor Who pledge drives? I used to be mentioned all the time on there, as i sent it so many letters/drawings/etc. And i met the Professor once (At a Blockbuster)and he remembered me! *lol Just was curious.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 Sensor10
Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 Keys_o10
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 1:48 pm

Ian Chesterton! We can only hope that CO will somehow produce a Barbara Wright to accompany him at some point. Seems cruel to leave Ian on his own. And then Susan and Vicki would both be good choices sometime down the line.
Back to top Go down
Beamus
Beamus

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 1:51 pm

DWFAN1974 wrote:
Beamus wrote:

You wouldn't be the Beamus from LPB Doctor Who pledge drives?  I used to be mentioned all the time on there, as i sent it so many letters/drawings/etc.  And i met the Professor once (At a Blockbuster)and he remembered me! *lol  Just was curious.

Yep, I am the LPB Beamus from all those years ago. LOL My friend the Professor retired from LPB last year, but is still working there to assist with the transition.
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 2:13 pm

Yep, I am the LPB Beamus from all those years ago.   LOL   My friend the Professor retired from LPB last year, but is still working there to assist with the transition.[/quote]

Well it is a pleasure to "meet" you Mr. Beamus Smile I enjoyed your antics many a Saturday night!
I am in Plaquemine, and stared with LPB and Doctor Who in 1983 all the way til they stopped showing the classic show.

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 Doctor10
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
hispro
hispro

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2021 6:07 pm

I want all the sets, but that KEYS OF MARINUS set is top of my list. Ian Chesterton (and all the originals) are my favorite companions from my favorite era, and I can't wait to display him on my shelf!

I hope the WhoNA can get these in. I'll be there there on day one, wallet in hand, ready to snatch me one! (remember, this is the guy who drove 3000 miles just because I found out that William Russell was appearing in person at a convention)
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicalproductionsinc.com
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 10:23 am

Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next