25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases Empty
PostSubject: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 12:17 pm

It is more than just Daleks and Companions this time. Only two pictures I have seen so far. And they may not be releasing the Dalek sets in numerical order. A comment made is to give a break from grey and blue Daleks.

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases Dalek_11
Teaser pics of some new B&M releases Sensor10
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 1:19 pm

Oooooo Sensorites. I'd like one of those please!

I've I've picked up all the other Dalek History sets so one can never have too many Daleks.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 4:51 pm

There's supposed to be a Keys Of Marinus set coming as well.  I was hoping that between that and the Sensorites set we would get Susan, Ian and Barbara instead of just repacking another Doctor repaint.  Oh well, I'll be happy to get Sensorites and Voord.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
jjm3
jjm3

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 10:26 pm

Can't wait to buy the Sensorites one, and see what else is coming alongside it!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 12:01 am

jjm3 wrote:
Can't wait to buy the Sensorites one, and see what else is coming alongside it!

I have heard rumours of other monster sets such as Keys of Marinus, and the usual Dalek releases and for X-mas the K-1 with 4th Doctor along with a 1st Doctor and TARDIS set. But, until I see pics of them and they are confirmed I am not setting faith in anything.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Trust the internet rumor. If you can't trust the internet, then who can you trust?

I've heard the same with Earthshock, The Five Doctors, and more Daleks and K-1 to come. I didn't believe the list at first, but now seeing Sensorites it appears that crazy internet rumors may be true. Of course there is little confirmation of what could be contained inside each set, but even the names are tantalizing. Bring on the Voord!
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 4:05 pm

squishy wrote:
Trust the internet rumor.  If you can't trust the internet, then who can you trust?

I've heard the same with Earthshock, The Five Doctors, and more Daleks and K-1 to come.  I didn't believe the list at first, but now seeing Sensorites it appears that crazy internet rumors may be true.  Of course there is little confirmation of what could be contained inside each set, but even the names are tantalizing.  Bring on the Voord!

Given that we've now had mini-skirted female figure parts to swap (thanks to the Jo Grant figs), surely Five Doctors could give us a Teagan? Heck, we also already have plenty of spare parts for a Turlough (maybe just need new arms for rolled-up sleeves and a new head obviously). We also got the head already for an Ainley master, just need a new body for the costume (granted, that's most of the figure).

I suspect, though, at least two of the figs will just be repaints/reissues. A 5th, Cyberman and /or Dalek. C'mon, Character Options, prove this last bit wrong!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:18 pm

The "big" internet rumor for new sets.  Widely poo-pooed at the time, but with the reveal of those Sensorites this may be real.

July
The Sensorites set
Keys of Marinus set
History of the Daleks #5 Power of the Daleks
History of the Daleks #7 Day of the Daleks

October
Earthshock set
The Five Doctors set
TARDIS & 1st Doctor set
History of the Daleks #6 Evil of the Daleks
History of the Daleks #8 Planet of the Daleks

Christmas
Robot Set, K1  & 4th Doctor

There was also some talk that the Keys of Marinus set could be an online exclusive to CO like the Jungles of Mechanus set was last year. But no confirmation on that or really any of this.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Al Dewar confirmed that the "Sensorites" set the leaked photos were from was legitimately purchased in a B&M store (i.e. not stolen from a warehouse or anything), but he has no idea how the sets actually got to that store's shelves for sale, because these haven't officially been released. Probably some sort of warehouse mix-up. So, don't expect these to be available right away. Just a few rogue ones got out a bit early!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm

As an addendum, I have been told the US Amazon seller will not be stocking any of the sets being released. So keep an eagle eye out for WhoNA to sell out fast if they are able to stock them here.
Back to top Go down
Beamus
Beamus

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:52 am

If that "other Who Amazon seller" in the US isn't going to carry these sets, is there any chance the "Real Who NA" seller in the US could pick up the rights for selling here in the USA?
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Beamus wrote:
If that "other Who Amazon seller" in the US isn't going to carry these sets, is there any chance the "Real Who NA" seller in the US could pick up the rights for selling here in the USA?

Seconded! I hope this can happen!
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 12:02 am

Whooz wrote:
As an addendum, I have been told the US Amazon seller will not be stocking any of the sets being released.

Wasn't that said about the last group of sets, and they ended up having them anyway? Just saying the info. might not be reliable.

There's also a chance that one of these sets (speculating one of the Hartnell ones) might be like the "Jungles of Mechanus" set and be a Character Options web exclusive.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 7:51 pm

'Power of the Daleks' set has been sighted. Again, accidentally leaked early, not officially out yet.

Features one 'regular' Dalek, and one with the 'scoop' appendage (but, it seems, no mutant mini-fig).

Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 8:28 pm

A bit of a pass for me, although I would not mind having the scoop like I have the flamethrowers as separate parts to swap out. I don't get the logic of not having a mutant for the scoop. They made one for the Resolution Dalek!
Back to top Go down
GeminiPete

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 10:22 pm

New Doctor Who Figures get me ridiculously excited and happy!!

I too wish WhoNA could get the official North America license or okay or whatever it is to carry these. Would love to go back to the old days of figure arrivals and shipments (not sure how fun that is for WhoNA but was exciting back in the day!).

The above poster was saying we needed rolled up shirt sleeve arms for a Turlough…remember the 11th Hour Matt Smith had just the arms! Heck, throw a vest on that figure and a new head and with a repaint you’ve got a Terminus Turlough! :-) I remember when they said kit bashing couldnt really work…and then made Classic Sarah Jane from Peladon!! (Martha Jones military torso, SJA lower half and new Classic Sarah Jane head) - and the kitbash community went Squeeeee!!! Obviously cant always work, but i bet some there are more combos that work than we’d think. :-)

Personally I want the Adric, Nyssa and Tegan line up in their Season 19 “uniforms” - Tegan could possibly use Police Woman Amy Pond as a base for a Castrovalva and Kinda Tegan (ie still in her purple skirt but her lilac shirt with rolled up sleeves - obviously would need a replacement “wrap” to form the shirt to replace the Amy’s Police kiss-o-gram vest and a longer skirt.

Then again Amy is tall, so perhaps a Peri body…I dunno. But if they do it with some forethought a Tegan in air hostess uniform *could* also be used a for a Barbara Wright with minor tweaks. Or forgiving as we are just a repaint! :-) And Ian could be the regular suit body. Susan could probably be from the Primevil Abby/Bill body or Ace or Clara with tweaks. Then we’d just need a Jamie and either Victoria and/or Zoe to finish the main TARDIS crews and companions!

Nyssa could use either Martha’s body or the Yaz/Ramona I body with new wrap for the blouse (and preferably new “puffy” sleeves which could be reused for a Mel release!) and

Adric I had thought could be based on Laslo but someone else pointed out the Ood holding its brain has boots/legs perfect for Adric, so a replacement tunic/star badge wrap and new head and hands for that body (I cant find a bunch of my old figs so cant verify this).

Probably a big old dream at this point for so many new pieces but a Companions of the 5th Doctor set to recreate the colorful Season 19 TARDIS Crew is one of my big figure wants. Well, that and about 27 other figures - for a start! LOL!
Back to top Go down
GeminiPete

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 11:00 am

Supposedly there will be a New Figure announcement from CO Tuesday morning at 10:00am (GMT) - at first people were anticipating B&M’s line, but now some are saying it is likely top be CO’s Online Exclusives…just passing on Twitter Talk so dont stun the messenger! :-)
Back to top Go down
GeminiPete

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 7:17 am

2nd Doctor in Yeti Coat and FX TARDIS from Abominable Snowmen! Squeeee!!!!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 12:30 pm

GeminiPete wrote:
2nd Doctor in Yeti Coat and FX TARDIS from Abominable Snowmen! Squeeee!!!!

Here is a screen grab where Al demonstrates it. So odd to see a TARDIS release that blinks and makes noise.

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases Tardis10
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases Takemy10
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Woo hoo! I I've seen photos now of both this 2nd Doctor in the "splotchy" fur coat as well as another version in a more uniformly "dark brown" fur coat much like he wore in The Five Doctors. He still had his hair dark in The Five Doctors (didn't sport the gray until The Two Doctors), so I think I'm starting to figure out that these rumors of more boxsets later this year are true!

Official video release and presumably a direct order from CO debuting next Tuesday morning!
Back to top Go down
tboneterry2
tboneterry2

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptySun Jul 18, 2021 12:33 am

Was on break and saw a co video release, I thought it was old I about fell over. They are releasing my holy grail doctor who figure ( I have the picture of the prototype on my wall) a huge thank you to Charecter Options and Al for this one Even better yet they one upped it., an Abominable Snowman version wow. I'm guessing the brown one will be a 5 doctors one. Talk about hog heaven, I do hope they realize these will be hot items. Fantastic news again much thanks Charecter Options.
Back to top Go down
GeminiPete

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 10:41 am

I had always assumed the Coat used in the 5 Doctors was -much like the old Yeti costume itself - simply pulled out of a clloset or storgage bin somewhere and was in fact the same coat originally worn.

That however is not the case and the colour photos from the Abominable Snowmen on location shoot show the coat was actually splotchy - or to be more accurate constructed of various “furs” or pelts (yes kids, apparently our beloved Doctor was not wearing faux fur!). The figure paint ops attempt to capture this and tho not truly accurate, its close enough and as always will probably look far better in person.

The Five Doctors coat is much darker, has pockets in different locations from the Abominable Snowmen jacket and I think the collar is slightly different as well. Of course I could be totally wromng and someone will post some info that it was the same and simply discoloured from age, but I welcome many advancew in knowledge, even that which dispels my idle fan speculation! :-)

I’m sure Keith has looked into this, but is there anything we can do to help get WhoNA selected as the official Who NA distributor? I dont know what sort of contracts and $$ may be required so forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere and possibly isnt even desired, but if its desired AND there’s anythign we can do to help (emails, letter writing, submit what excellent service WhoNA has consistently provided over the years, whatever the case!) I’d be happy to help any way I can!
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 11:21 am

GeminiPete wrote:

I’m sure Keith has looked into this, but is there anything we can do to help get WhoNA selected as the official Who NA distributor? I dont know what sort of contracts and $$ may be required so forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere and possibly isnt even desired, but if its desired AND there’s anythign we can do to help (emails, letter writing, submit what excellent service WhoNA has consistently provided over the years, whatever the case!) I’d be happy to help any way I can!

Hear hear!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Teaser pics of some new B&M releases   Teaser pics of some new B&M releases EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 11:37 am

The coat is like that in the original story. And yes, the door sign was on the right hand side for a number of stories in that season, including Evil of the Daleks.

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases 21530410
Back to top Go down

Teaser pics of some new B&M releases
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next