64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Beamus
Beamus

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-09-04

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks for the welcome and nice comments. I received a shipping notice as well from Seven20.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Sire
Dragon Sire

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 10:49 pm

Who North America wrote:
Hoping we found a lead... hoping...

Will update once we know something...

Sounds promising, still trying to get Harry Sullivan without spending a Million lol
Back to top Go down
http://sims3mods.dragonsire.ca/blog
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 am

Who North America wrote:

Hoping lead????
What do you mean???
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 8:44 am

Harry can be found for reasonable if you search in the "jungle" for him....

Dragon Sire wrote:
Who North America wrote:

Sounds promising, still trying to get Harry Sullivan without spending a Million lol

Last edited by DWFAN1974 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
Dragon Sire
Dragon Sire

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 10:19 am

DWFAN1974 wrote:
Harry can be found for reasonable if you "search thru the jungle" for him....

Dragon Sire wrote:
Who North America wrote:

Yah the best I could do was auction site, to ship to Canada. Cost was the equivalent of the whole package to get just the 1 figure out of it, but better $30 than $80-100

**I did manage to get a 2 Doctor Set ordered for reasonable cost.
Back to top Go down
toodlesmrjim
toodlesmrjim

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 10:09 am

I sure hope something works out definitely want the Harry set and 2 doctors set
Back to top Go down
http://geocities.com/chihuahua_for_brains
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 4:32 pm

Just got my figures in and I have to say, they're all really good considering they're repaints. They feel new and and look the part. McGann, of course, is the prize of the bunch, but I'm happier that I got Seven then I would have thought. Both of their Daleks are also very good and feel like great new additions.

Harry's likeness/paint are perhaps a bit softer than the initial pictures showed. But he's great to have, if the billowing coat does seem oversized. The Sontarans are nifty, though I must offer that their helmets took quite a bit of effort to get on (the plastic on the collars may be too soft?) Four and his TARDIS look smashing. I love the "psychedelic" windows. It is slightly odd they didn't really just make the battery hatch and speaker flush parts, or take out the battery case, but it looks fantastic.

I will say the TARDIS is packed oddly. It's screwed into the box and there's a hard plastic ribbon around it and the doors. Getting the ribbon out took some doing and I nearly pulled the doors off doing it.

However, I'm very happy with the lot I got and am grateful to Dave G. for getting them. Some shots may follow.

Addendum:
My McGann's right lower arm is loose, but the peg holding it into the bicep seems fine and the interior looks okay. I haven't really tried to force it back in, just some gentle pressure and it will stay in until you go to move it. I may end up putting a daub of glue on it just to keep it in place. As he doesn't have a sonic, no need for the arm to be raised.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 5:19 pm

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Img_0911
The Four McGanns!

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Img_5510
Dark Eyes.

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Img_7510
Shada Redux!
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 11:53 am

TinDogRory wrote:
My McGann's right lower arm is loose, but the peg holding it into the bicep seems fine and the interior looks okay. I haven't really tried to force it back in, just some gentle pressure and it will stay in until you go to move it. I may end up putting a daub of glue on it just to keep it in place. As he doesn't have a sonic, no need for the arm to be raised.

I had some wacky ideas for a Dark Eye's McGann accessory ... I'll try to post them later this week!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 3:19 am

I got all the Doctors/ Daleks sets & all 3 of the 3 figures sets. I still waiting on the 2 TARDIS sets. I should have them very soon
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 12:27 pm

My newest Doctor Who acquisitions....New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 70293610
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 70415910
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 70731610
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
Cole
Cole

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 12:32 pm

THANKS DAVE G.
Everything arrived and I love them!!!

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Image10
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Image11
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Image12
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 6:36 pm

These sets are awesome. Thanks DaveG! I ordered a Harry Sullivan set from whona, because us imbeciles need to stick together!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:33 pm

I did receive half of my order from the UK and hope to take new pictures of the Sontarans side by side. I hoestly do prefer the older versions myself. They really just need to an Invasion of Time set with Storr and a Trooper with Tom having the demat gun,sash of rassilon, and the new scarf from the Shada TARDIS set.

It would be great if WhoNA could do a deal with CO for US distribution for their own choice of sets. And yes, I do have some in mind. I do know they still have a lot of those Three Doctor sets, but it is one of the nicer ones released.
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 am

I got the rest of my B&M sets yesterday
I don't how the post pics to this forum but I invite anyone to check out my Instagram page Danschmeichel. I do follow whona on Instagram
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 12:18 am

Thank you Dave G for my figures!!!!

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Tardis12

Guys, they are really nice. I've never had a B&M figure before, and I was afraid the paint jobs would be sort of faded or chalky like they were in the 13 Doctor's set. But these are beautiful. Dave G, I can't thank you enough!

I had some weird kooky ideas for the "Dark Eyes" accessories. If you're interested in my long-winded explanation I have it in a thread in the "models and modifications" section of this forum:

https://whona.forumotion.com/t10863-8th-doctor-dark-eyes-accessory-ideas

Thanks again Dave G!

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Mcgann14
Back to top Go down
Dragon Sire
Dragon Sire

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 5:17 pm

digby wrote:
Thank you Dave G for my figures!!!!
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 Mcgann14

Reminds me I need to find like 200 of those little clear figure discs, and something similar for the early releases without holes.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Dragon Sire wrote:
Reminds me I need to find like 200 of those little clear figure discs, and something similar for the early releases without holes.

Get the ones that are made for the vintage Star Wars figures, those pegs fit the "factory" foot holes in the new-Who figures great.

As for the non-hole-in-feet classic Doctor Who figures, I make a tiny pilot hole with a small drill bit, and then use a 1/8 bit for the final hole. Again it works with the stands made for the vintage Kenner Star Wars guys. Sometimes you have to push a little harder to get them on, but they're tight.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 2:36 pm

New She Doctor Ornament,looks nice.

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 C4-B8-CCFF-420-A-4-CEE-9-EF9-46836-A53272-E
Back to top Go down
Spannerintheworks
Spannerintheworks

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 3:10 pm

So, little late to the party, but:

A very deserved and happy Thank you to Dave G for his help to get me the B&M sets - I grabbed the Sontarans set and the Shada TARDIS. The latter is great, it looks spot on and the 4th Doctor is a long overdue variant. I watched Invasion of Time and he's a ringer for that story, as well as other late Leela/Romana 1/2 Era stories.

The Sontarans look great too; I know there was some complaint about a helmet-fit with them but if you get them on once, they seem to pop on/off easier after that. I have the original releases, but now Stor has some troops to stand with. Easily two of the best B&M rereleases, period.

Finally, Harry - the likeness is great, and the coat doesn't bug me - I watched "Sontaran Experiment " and with the exception of not having a hood the coat is spot on. Yeah, his double breasted coat buttoned up would be more accurate, but....if that's the price of a new companion, I'll take 80% outfit accuracy.

A friend grabbed Stike & crew for me, so I'll really only need to grab to 5th TARDIS at some point. (Already have multple 7s and the Silver Nemesis Cybermen from the first time around. Maybe I'll scoop the Dalek sets, eventually.) But if this is where the line is headed, it's very promising and I'm happy to see many others are happy with these too.
Back to top Go down
Blackarrow
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 4:46 pm

TinDogRory wrote:

Addendum:

Instead of glue, you could try using a bit of Milliput or a similar putty around the peg to beef it up a bit. Just be sure to wear gloves to protect your skin. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 4:51 pm

Blackarrow wrote:
TinDogRory wrote:

Addendum:

Instead of glue, you could try using a bit of Milliput or a similar putty around the peg to beef it up a bit. Just be sure to wear gloves to protect your skin. Hope that helps!

There's another trick I've heard of but never tried which involves using plumbers tape!
Go to youtube and look for the "Toy Polloi" channel, search for how to tighten loose limbs or something to that effect. The guy is a master at cheap and easy toy repair.
Back to top Go down
Blackarrow
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 7:06 pm

^^^Good point, digby! It's way cheaper and easier to use, and you can find it at your local auto parts store.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 7:22 pm

Blackarrow wrote:
^^^Good point, digby! It's way cheaper and easier to use, and you can find it at your local auto parts store.

I've never tried it myself, but watching the guy on youtube it seemed so obvious!

By the way, everyone even remotely interested in toys should watch that guy, Toy Polloi. He oddly does not care for Doctor Who, but watching his restoration of everything from Star Wars to mego is just endlessly fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 10:38 pm

I am actually watching The Two Doctors tonight because I got my set in .

But earlier I saw a youtube video that shows detail about the re-release 10th Doctors Sonic and the slider has been changed and you can make the light and sound at any position on the slide and not just at the closed or fully open position. (If I had known that I woulda asked Dave G to snag one.) For some people it is a totally insignificant change, but I do like to have something like that as accurate as I can.

And after seeing pics of the 7th Doctor from that Dalek set, I need to hunt that down.

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 13 10th_s10

Back to top Go down

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next