64 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Drscruffs
Drscruffs

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-09-01

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these Empty
PostSubject: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:34 am

B&M UK exclusives.....

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these Img_1410
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogsoftherock.com
Drscruffs
Drscruffs

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:36 am

4th doctor 1970s set

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these Img_1411
Back to top Go down
Drscruffs
Drscruffs

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:37 am

3rd Doctor and TARDIS

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these Img_1412
Back to top Go down
Drscruffs
Drscruffs

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:39 am

11th doctor set

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these Img_1413
Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 12:12 pm

They're tryin
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 12:27 pm

I know that "Talons" 4th Doctor is really just Tom Baker's head on a Pertwee body, but I'd still likely grab it up along with another Brig variation and another Auton.

And you really can't have too many TARDIS repaints.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Totally buying the 3rd and 4th doctor sets...And probably the 11th for Amy pond.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Would absolutely get the 3rd and 4th Doctor sets.  Dying for more classic figures, Character Options!!!

And if that's the only way to get the Bill figure, I'd get the 12th Doctor set as well but I have no use for a Missy.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
Iron-Cow
Iron-Cow

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Definitely interested in the Pertwee TARDIS and the Tom Baker 3-pack. I wonder if there's a way to customize the Tom so it's more accurate. Still, it's a decent looking figure. Just needs the hat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironcowprod.com
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 4:34 pm

I WANT IT ALL, AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 4:45 pm

As someone who can't/is no good at making figures
I would definitely get the Tom Baker figure.
Back to top Go down
Dr_WhoTMNTfan
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 7:12 pm

From one of my favorite youtube reviewers who does review Doctor Who figures regarding these "new" ones

"No, seriously these are BAD. Most are repaints, the 3rd Doctors TARDIS is non electronic and Bills body has been re-used from an old Primeval figure. Stop funding crap like this and demand more from your figures, these are not worth your time."

I have to agree these look kinda shoddy
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 8:41 pm

But they are better than NOTHING.

At least it's some kind of stab at classic figures.
Back to top Go down
Drscruffs
Drscruffs

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Yes, something is better than nothing. It's not like other companies don't reuse parts and update paint jobs to release "all new" figures.
Back to top Go down
jjm3
jjm3

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Oh man, I understand the concerns, but I am SO gonna buy all four of these sets, from WhoNA I hope! Very Happy That Talons Tom! And that burgundy-coated Capaldi! drool
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyTue May 15, 2018 12:23 am

I would love if whona would get the other the B&M sets cuz I would build a really big army of the doctor emenies
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyTue May 15, 2018 9:40 am

I will buy all of these
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyTue May 15, 2018 10:04 am

Thun wrote:
But they are better than NOTHING.

Which is exactly what we would get if we followed that YouTuber's advice.

We just have to face facts that this is a 'mature' product line (i.e. not in that it's for adult collectors, but rather that the product line has a lot of 'age' on it), and toy stores aren't buying it any more (and haven't for quite some time). It's a wonder we're getting anything at all, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
j3h
j3h

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2014-03-25

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyTue May 15, 2018 12:24 pm

I’m in for a set of these from WhoNA if they can offer them.
Back to top Go down
skifflebits
skifflebits

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyTue May 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Dr_WhoTMNTfan wrote:
From one of my favorite youtube reviewers who does review Doctor Who figures regarding these "new" ones

"No, seriously these are BAD. Most are repaints, the 3rd Doctors TARDIS is non electronic and Bills body has been re-used from an old Primeval figure. Stop funding crap like this and demand more from your figures, these are not worth your time."

The only way we can "demand" more from our figures is by buying tens of thousands of them so it's economically viable to make more and better ones.

Buying none of them will mean the company will give up on making them completely.

If that YouTube reviewer has the money to buy about 50,000 figures, I suggest he do it.
Back to top Go down
skifflebits
skifflebits

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyTue May 15, 2018 1:24 pm

p.s. I have no idea if the B&M sets are distributed to the US, but WhoNA is my first place to check, and the first place to get my money if they do.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyTue May 15, 2018 7:27 pm

WhoNA has been able to get at least some of these B&M sets in the past I think.  Like this one here:  4th Doc, Master, Voc

Those past sets have been mainly straight-up re-issues.  No real swapped parts and nearly identical paint applications. There have been a couple other sets WhoNA hasn't been able to get.  

Are these sets full of re-paints and swapped body parts?  Sure, but at least they are not all straight re-issues of figures we already have.  Someone has at least tried to mix and match to make something new out of it.  Missy may be a straight re-issue, but at least comes with the Bill Potts new headsculpt (on an old body). Not the greatest wave of figures we've ever seen, but there are a few sets here I'm willing to get if WhoNA stocks them.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyTue May 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Drscruffs wrote:
4th doctor 1970s set

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these Img_1411

Boy, that Brig body they selected is cheating, but I still find it oddly intriguing and desirable.  The ascot instead of necktie, shoes instead of boots; at least it's not a Cyberman with a nose.
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these 3rddr-10
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyTue May 15, 2018 7:38 pm

Yeah, squishy...looks like they just tweaked that Auton to make him.

oh...and Oswin is a straight re-packaging. She was in the "Impossible Set"
Back to top Go down
Chuzzlewit
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3864
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these EmptyWed May 16, 2018 2:32 am

Yes, quite clever how they did the Fourth Doctor set. I can't wait to own it so I can pair up that Brigadier with the original release Captain Jack! I am really glad to get Bill Potts. I recognized the Primeval character with a new head. I am pleased that any attempt was made!
Back to top Go down

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next