4 posters
AuthorMessage
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I dunno if this has been asked, but has CO discontinued the line?
I mean, I had heard that we were seeing figures at some point this year, but its not looking incredibly likely.
Its a shame if they have, as some of the Monsters would've been awesome (The Fungus Monster, for example, could've been used as a modern Krynoid).
I've also emailed CO about the line, but have yet to hear anything back just yet. (will post any replies if I get them)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm

I would love to hear more on this! I hope with the revival of the show that they'll get to making more of the characters, however, I think we won't be getting a Danny Quinn, Christine Johnson, or anything from the third series. I'm still hoping that if CO continues this line, we'll at least get a Cpt Becker figure as well as a Sarah figure. However, I don't know if the actress is in the next two seasons or not. :/

~
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:34 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
I would love to hear more on this! I hope with the revival of the show that they'll get to making more of the characters, however, I think we won't be getting a Danny Quinn, Christine Johnson, or anything from the third series. I'm still hoping that if CO continues this line, we'll at least get a Cpt Becker figure as well as a Sarah figure. However, I don't know if the actress is in the next two seasons or not. :/

~

Sarah isn't no, as the Actress has a three year old and doesn't want to jump between London and Dublin
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:07 am

CGren123 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:

~

Sarah isn't no, as the Actress has a three year old and doesn't want to jump between London and Dublin

Gee, I wonder how they'll write her out of the script. Such a pity. She was fun!
~
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:23 am

But Lucy Brown has been seen on Set, which means that either Claudia or Jenny is coming back (My money's on Jenny, as Tim what'shisface has said NO dead characters are coming back).
It also says that Jason Flemming is only in three episodes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:25 pm

CGren123 wrote:
But Lucy Brown has been seen on Set, which means that either Claudia or Jenny is coming back (My money's on Jenny, as Tim what'shisface has said NO dead characters are coming back).
It also says that Jason Flemming is only in three episodes.

Yeah, it's a shame that Jason Flemyng can't be in the show anymore due to obligations with other projects, but it's great because that means he's getting noticed more and is more active. So it's a sad, happy kind of thing.

I hope that Jenny is coming back, though I do miss Claudia. However... we can't be certain that Claudia is dead. Primeval is interesting like that. I just hope that they'll keep the prehistoric creatures around instead of doing the rumoured thing and making it more about future creatures. If that's the case, it'll take a lot for me to remain interested.

Paleo-nerd, that is me... I want my prehistoric geekiness back. Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Well, I just heard Ben Miller (Lester) is returning, so I'm watching no matter what else happens!

I hope Claudia comes back. I preferred Claudia over Jenny. I still don't understand why they did that switch.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 am

rdks wrote:
Well, I just heard Ben Miller (Lester) is returning, so I'm watching no matter what else happens!

I hope Claudia comes back. I preferred Claudia over Jenny. I still don't understand why they did that switch.

I dunno. Maybe it was like Amy Acker on Angel. She played a character called Fred, but felt that she wasn't "stretching her acting muscles" much, so Joss Whedon killed off Fred and replaced with Illryia, a million year old Demon Goddess who stole Fred's body.
Back to top Go down
MarthaJonesFan
MarthaJonesFan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:37 am

Connor, Abby, Becker and Lester are returning for the full series.

Danny is back for 3 episodes due to Jason Flemyng's other commitments. He is confirmed to be in Series 5 though, so maybe 2 cameos and a return in the last episode, ready for Series 5?

Laila Rouass is not returning, due to the reason specified above.

Lucy Brown is returning! Not sure which character.

The 2 new team members are Matt Anderson and Jess. The new team is pictured below:

Primeval figures 550w_tv_primeval_series_4_cast
(l-r - Abby, Connor, Matt (CiarĂ¡n McMenamin), Becker and Jess (Ruth Kearney))

Hope the figures do come back. Would love Danny, Sarah, Becker and new characters Jess and Matt.

They made the switch between Claudia and Jenny because Adrian Hodges and Tim Haines did not like the character of Claudia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/marthajonesfan
Anonymous

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:47 pm

So they had to draw out some unnecessary angst for two seasons as a result. Mehhh I wish they'd go back to directing what used to be an awesome tv show and bring back things like "Prehistoric Park" that was both educational and fun.

~
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Having seen shots of some of the new Characters, I hope we get figures for series 4 of Primeval! I've been a fan of Alexander Siddig since his days playing Doctor Bashir on Deep Space Nine and, judging by the pics of him in character, I think he'd make for a great Master!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 5:13 pm

CGren123 wrote:
Having seen shots of some of the new Characters, I hope we get figures for series 4 of Primeval! I've been a fan of Alexander Siddig since his days playing Doctor Bashir on Deep Space Nine and, judging by the pics of him in character, I think he'd make for a great Master!

Same here! More importantly, I hope they make more creature toys! If they don't, I've still got Safari Ltd to rely on for a FEW creatures.

New figures would be awesome, but if the figures weren't doing well in the first two seasons, I wonder if they'd really want to try it again? But who knows, the renewed interest might help.

Does CO produce any other 5" figures besides DW? I know they did Robin Hood, but that's all the others I know of.
~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 7:38 pm

CGren123 wrote:

He is in Primeval!!! Outstanding! Bashir was a great character on DS9, and had a great evolution from a young, naive officer, to a seasoned,battle hardened vet of the Dominion Wars. Alexander really brought him to life. He was awesome in his brief time on 24 as well.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:42 am

LtViperPilot wrote:
CGren123 wrote:

Same here! More importantly, I hope they make more creature toys! If they don't, I've still got Safari Ltd to rely on for a FEW creatures.

New figures would be awesome, but if the figures weren't doing well in the first two seasons, I wonder if they'd really want to try it again? But who knows, the renewed interest might help.

Does CO produce any other 5" figures besides DW? I know they did Robin Hood, but that's all the others I know of.
~

Primeval, Robin Hood and Doctor Who (SJA included) are the only ones I know of that CO did on that scale. I keep hoping for more on the scale, but the interest seems to be in 3 3/4 inch stuff now.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm

I found this today:

"It has been confirmed a Series 4 figure of a raptor will come out next year with a build-a-monster part of the Spinosaurus (its jaw and arms)."

Now, I've searched for this "confirmation" for a good hour or so, but couldn't find anything. Therefore, I've gone directly to the source (so to speak) and emailed Character Options. They normally reply to my emails (for some reason) so as and when I get a reply, I'll share it with you good folks. Personally, I hope this is true!
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 pm

I got a reply! Sadly, its not good news:

"Dear Mr. Chris Gren,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the Primeval Range was deleted after the second series and
we have no plans to re-introduce this range.

Hope this fully answers your query.

Regards,

Gemma Morris

Customer Service Advisor"

So unless another Company has taken them over, no more Primeval figures Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Primeval figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primeval figures   Primeval figures EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 pm

That is unfortunate news. I guess the figures just didn't do well at all. :/

That's all right, it's not like their creatures were the best... Safari Ltd still has the best range for prehistoric creatures, even if they're not to scale with 5" toys.
~
Back to top Go down

Primeval figures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: