Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Primeval: New World

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Primeval:  New World Empty
PostSubject: Primeval: New World   Primeval:  New World EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Interesting article I stumbled acrossed today:

ACTRESS Sara Canning, best known for playing Jenna Sommers in The Vampire Diaries, is to star in Primeval: New World.

The show is a north American spin-off of ITV's hit dino-drama Primeval.

Canning will play a predator attack expert, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Also cast in the new series is Eureka actor Niall Matter, who is playing an inventor and 'visionary hero'.

Miranda Frigon (Sanctuary, Supernatural, Dexter, V), Geoff Gustafson (2012, Hot Tub Time Machine) and Danny Rahim (EastEnders, Young James Herriot) round out the regular cast. Andrew-Lee Potts, who played Connor in the original UK series, is confirmed as a guest star.

Stargate and Sanctuary star Amanda Tapping will join Andy Mikita, Martin Wood and Mike Rohl in directing episodes of Primeval: New World.

Production bowed in Vancouver on March 7 on the 13-episode series, which will premiere exclusively on Watch in the UK.

The new Canada-UK co-production was greenlit by Canadian broadcaster Space and is produced by Omnifilm.

The UK version of Primeval is said to be facing an uncertain future.

The fifth season aired on Watch last year and will come to ITV this summer.

ITV cancelled the show after its third season in 2009, but it kept going after a deal was made between ITV, BBC Worldwide, BBC America, Watch and Germany's ProSieben.

Warner Bros is developing a feature film adaptation. Last we heard, Fringe writer-producer Jeff Pinker was working on the screenplay.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World   Primeval:  New World EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 4:21 pm

I'll be really happy if some creature goes through Seattle or some city in Washington. I created my own US-version of "Primeval" after the news came up during the third series airing. So, I kind of have high-expectations for this one. I wasn't a huge fan of the 4th and 5th series of "Primeval" so if it does not continue, I won't be sad.
~
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World   Primeval:  New World EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Looks interesting...I'll give it a shot. Premieres on Syfy June 8th.

Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World   Primeval:  New World EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:05 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
Looks interesting...I'll give it a shot. Premieres on Syfy June 8th.

well speaking has a fan of the first 3 season in the UK, I'm looking forward to seeing this
Back to top Go down
captkirk42
captkirk42

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World   Primeval:  New World EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Love the original Primeval so I will give this a shot. I hope they do a good job with it.
Back to top Go down
http://klandersen.com
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World   Primeval:  New World EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Ok, a bit late watching it. I liked the original. I even liked the last series.
I don't know if I like this one. Sort of the same ol same ol.

But I think it's been cancelled/not renewed so now I don't know if I want to invest my time in it.
Back to top Go down
captkirk42
captkirk42

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Primeval: New World   Primeval:  New World EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Ted47 wrote:
Ok, a bit late watching it. I liked the original. I even liked the last series.
I don't know if I like this one. Sort of the same ol same ol.

But I think it's been cancelled/not renewed so now I don't know if I want to invest my time in it.
Yes The Space Channel (Canada's version of Sci-fi, excuse me Syfy) cancelled it after only one season. Apparently the later episodes had poor ratings. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/canadas-space-channel-cancels-primeval-423025
Back to top Go down
http://klandersen.com

Primeval: New World
Page 1 of 1