64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 6:18 pm

That other site uping shipping costs in the US? Don't they offer it free if you spend a certain amount?
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 6:36 pm

With costs almost doubled, and with them being a 3rd party to the other company, they might not. It's the friends we have in common that save the day for most fans, as usual.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 7:29 pm

I have not seen these figures on 'the other site' if we are talking about the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 5:39 am

amagon wrote:
With that other site, they raised the prices! I think they're try scam people. The cost from The UK (with shipping) seems to be equal to the costs they now will be charging. I have a bad feeling about this.

Just been shown those prices, yes they have put them up, I seen then last week and apart from the Daleks the rest were much lower. I checked the other site, not listed them yet.
Here in the UK, still no date for release.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Someone over on FB believes that the page is fake. We'll find out soon enough, as Ian, you know I will rant about that over there!
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 4:45 pm

Good to rant. One thing I don't get, here where we get them from bnm haven't reduced the price of the Peladon Tardis or the re release of the Dalek sets. Somone on Facebook went to a store today, they had a further delivery of those sets.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 8:01 pm

...btw...if anybody was curious about the difference in the Seventh Doctor figure from the reissue of the Big Finish Seventh Doctor/Dalek set, this is it...

original one on the left, reissue on the right...
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 7s10
Back to top Go down
Richard A. Franklin
Richard A. Franklin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-09-18

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 8:50 pm

amagon wrote:
Someone over on FB believes that the page is fake. We'll find out soon enough, as Ian, you know I will rant about that over there!

That's the site that Al Dewar of Character Options supplied on a certain other toys forum.

Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Some news, the new sets will be released in the UK on July 25th.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 2:56 pm

Hey WhoNA,

Looking at the upcoming next wave of B+M sets I see that the "official" folks importing these sets have prices even a bit higher than your IMPORT prices on the last wave. That's crazy! Are you planning on getting imports on these three 3-packs, TARDIS, and two Dalek sets?
Back to top Go down
doc272
doc272

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Any news on the new sets   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Whona any news on these sets?
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2018-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 8:47 am

Hi all,

New sets are due out next week, not sure what prices the new supplier is offering but royal mail postage to USA has shot up! If anyone wants me to try and get some it's looking like $44 in postage costs (up to 2kg- which is about three sets packaged) plus sets at $33 per set.

Send me a message if you want me to look for anything- gonna be going out looking to army build my classic dalek forces!
Back to top Go down
skifflebits
skifflebits

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 8:11 pm

I plan on getting those new toys from WhoNA if they carry them.  

From what I've heard, there is a new US distributor who's distributing the toys to many retailers, not just the mega-site.  

BUT the owner of Mike's Comics said they WON'T be carrying them because of certain restrictions that the distributor is putting on them.  It sounded like he was saying the distributor wasn't letting individual retailers set their own price, but he didn't outright say that, so I wouldn't accept that as truth, or even as rumor.  I don't know if the restrictions are so bad WhoNA won't want to carry them, either.

Regardless, from the look of things, that mega-site won't be giving you any discounts if you order from them, so if WhoNA gets them, you cant go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 10:03 pm

I'm buying the 4th doctor companion set and the unit set for sure...when this shop gets the Troughton set, I will likely buy it as well.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 11:53 pm

I was so looking forward to a Troughters TARDIS and Romana II but looks like this may be the hardest ones to get.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 3:25 am

In the UK the sets are being released this Saturday 25th July. I hope Whona get them.
Back to top Go down
Radioguy
Radioguy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 9:20 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Regardless, from the look of things, that mega-site won't be giving you any discounts if you order from them...

The fact those prices are likely inclusive of shipping aside, I still wouldn't make that assumption right now.

Those who visit and buy from Amazon regularly, know prices fluctuate more as a rule than exception, and that promo codes might start flying once they're stocked. As such, I take the currently listed prices on BDWN as MSRP, which they can, I'm actually going to assume will, drop after becoming available.

However, truth be told, neither of us can really know until that happens. Neutral
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Managed to grab one of each of the first two sets. It sounds like there is a re-fill coming on the 4th Companions set per the Toy Announcement thread. Hopefully I'll be able to get the full lineup without giving any money Amazon.
Back to top Go down
jjm3
jjm3

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 9:27 pm

Thank you for pulling off the impossible yet again, WHONA! Smile
Back to top Go down
doc272
doc272

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 11:09 am

Miss getting these figures how much were the sets?
Back to top Go down
GeminiPete

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 12:20 pm

Dang, totally missed these! Guess they went fast - ahh, just like the good ol days! I know everyone will be asking so forgive me if already been answered but when will more Sarah Jane/Romanas Sets be in? Want that set more than anything, and multiples, but actually I do want every set this wave! I want the newest series stuff the least and will probably wait to get it after I get the classic sets, but the likenesses are amazing! Haven’t been this excited for Dr Who figures for ...years really, and given these are figures I always wanted, it’s really an amazing thing that CO has pulled off!!!
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Yes! Thank you Whona again for making these available. I did get a fourth Doc's companions set. Hoping to get the UNIT set as well. doc272, sets were $60.00
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
GeminiPete

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 10:37 pm

Is is terrible I want multiple Companions of the 4th Doctor to make customs??? This wave has been a big ol reminder of the good ole days of when I used to be an avid customizer, watched all 3 Who shows thru the year on TV (Doctor Who, Sarah Jane Adv, and Torchwood), and we had real, honest to goodness action figures of the new series AND Classic series! It was the Second Golden Age of Who. And humans were far nicer to one another! Miss those days!.. :-)
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 10:39 pm

We will see more soon...

Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 2:29 pm

Any chance on the UNIT set? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 18 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next