64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-12-03

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 12:31 pm

The 4th doctor & TARDIS was just put on shelfs in UK stores today & already hit other online source. I just bought one myself & should have it in 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
DRintheTARDIS
DRintheTARDIS

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-08-18

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 12:41 pm

I have three on the way Smile
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 3:53 pm

How much are they shipped to the US?
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 4:02 pm

thebreen wrote:
A couple of companions from each Doctor's tenure would be really nice... but I doubt it will ever happen.  I'm glad we got Brig, Ace, Leela, Jo, and Peri.  Susan, Jamie, Tegan would really help fill in the gaps for the classic era though. They even managed to release Bill for Capaldi!

I'm not sure which of the current companions I'd pick to represent Jodie's era. None of them really 'click' with me, given the unavoidable problem that they are three characters sharing 45-50 minutes of screen time each week.

Agreed.Perhaps 7 more companions and we would be all set pretty much for each Doctor.I will happily settle for these 4.

Susan
Jamie
Proper young Sarah Jane
Romana I and II. Same body with alternate heads.
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2018-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 4:31 pm

My local B+M have a delivery of TARDIS sets tomorrow. If anyone wants me to pick one up let me know. I'll post to USA or other international for £40 (£45 for tracked and signed). Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ben C.
Ben C.

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2014-07-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 5:21 pm

The color difference between the new 3rd and 4th Doctor's TARDISes is pretty stark. Mind you, this is in direct sunlight, which makes the difference even more exaggerated. I also appreciate how this new TARDIS release has a more matte and dusty looking weathering finish (click for a larger image):

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 Tardiscomparisonsm

Last edited by Ben C. on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackarrow
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 9:10 pm

I bought my TARDIS set on Sunday, March 3rd and it arrived today from the UK! cheers  

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 Img_0217
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2018-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 10:39 am

Managed to get hold of a few 4th TARDIS sets. If anyone wants one let me know! $52 standard shipping or $59 with tracked and signed. Thanks, Dave
Back to top Go down
Cole
Cole

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 10:11 am

Dave G wrote:
Managed to get hold of a few 4th TARDIS sets. If anyone wants one let me know! $52 standard shipping or $59 with tracked and signed. Thanks, Dave

Hey Dave, do you have any left??
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 10:55 am

Cole wrote:
Dave G wrote:

You do know whona have some. Which I'm surprised I thought they don't do B&M due to an issue a few years back
Back to top Go down
Cole
Cole

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 11:18 am

djdwtw101785 wrote:
Cole wrote:
Dave G wrote:

You do know whona have some. Which I'm surprised I thought they don't do B&M due to an issue a few years back

I didn't know, just looked, $80, YIKES.
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 7:24 pm

New NEWS on 2019 B&M sets tomorrow cant wait to see what they are going to release
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 8:01 pm

I still want to get that 70's set with the Brig and Talons Tom.
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 7:51 am

BIG NEWS! We finally have confirmation of new B&M Doctor Who figure line up.

The two packs are confirmed to be based off the Big Finish stories, featuring Doctor / Dalek Packs In B&M 2019 Line up

Character Options announces new Doctor Who lines planned for B&M Stores

New Malden, London 11th June 2019

Character Options is delighted to announce a new series of exclusive Doctor Who toys that will be available later this summer from local B&M stores (UK variety retailer). Full details of the product line-up (with images) will be revealed in the coming weeks but here’s a small taster of what will be available.

Fans of the Doctor’s Sonic Screwdrivers will be able to get their hands on a heritage set of three popular incarnations.. The new blister-pack series will include electronic versions, inspired by the 50th anniversary episode, of the Tenth, Eleventh and War Doctor’s sonics.

For action figure fans,Character Options presents a set of three unique Doctor & Dalek Twin Packs, inspired by the Doctor Who audio series from Big Finish. This includes a brand new take on the Eighth Doctor, plus the Dalek Interrogator Prime, as featured in Big Finish audio book story In the Garden of Death. The two additional Doctor and Daleks sets to be released from this range will feature the Seventh and War Doctors respectively.

This year there will be not one, but two new TARDIS & Doctor sets released, each with a completely new take on both the Doctor and the blue box, inspired by adventures spanning the 1970s and 1980s.

To complete the summer line-up there are three brand new collector sets with a range of three figures in each, inspired by the Classic adventures of the Second, Fourth, Sixth and Seventh Doctors.

Al Dewar, Creative Director at Character Options commented: “We are delighted to announce this first taster of what’s to come from our B&M stores Doctor Who toy range. To reveal the visuals of these brand new products, we plan to do a full unveiling live, which will take place ‘unboxing style’ on Character Options’ own Youtube channel in July; details of the time and date will be announced.
Back to top Go down
Jadeb
Jadeb

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 12:14 pm

They're doing sets based on Big Finish? And building them around three less known/less popular Doctors? That's an ... interesting strategy.

Not to be terribly negative, but a lot of the stuff they're planning sounds like shelf-warmers. Other than a completist, who needs a boxed set of three sonics that have already been released?

Fingers crossed the three-figure sets and Tardis sets are appealing. I'd love to buy some new product to support the line, but much of this sounds like a pass.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 pm

For action figure fans,Character Options presents a set of three unique Doctor & Dalek Twin Packs, inspired by the Doctor Who audio series from Big Finish. This includes a brand new take on the Eighth Doctor, plus the Dalek Interrogator Prime, as featured in Big Finish audio book story In the Garden of Death. The two additional Doctor and Daleks sets to be released from this range will feature the Seventh and War Doctors respectively.

That's a Big Finish McGann which may be a mash-up of the 9th Doc body and a new head or similar. The other sets would be a mystery. War Doctor plus Sontarans or Daleks? 7th plus ???

To complete the summer line-up there are three brand new collector sets with a range of three figures in each, inspired by the Classic adventures of the Second, Fourth, Sixth and Seventh Doctors.

Well, that sounds like 4 repainted Doctors out of 9 figures total. But maybe there will be a Jamie/2nd/6th pack or something similarly exciting. They've got 4 Doctors in three 3-packs so there must be a reason to have 2,4,6,7 together for some reason.

And a 70's TARDIS and 80's TARDIS. Maybe another Pertwee or Tom Baker and then a Colin Baker with TARDIS. They could do some really wild 6th + TARDIS sets from "Attack of the Cybermen", but probably just the 7th TARDIS from before packed with one of the regular/Trial/blue Colins.

It's not a wave of all new sculpts, but I'll wait and see what kind of mash-ups they'll come up with. There could be a couple good sets in all this. There were prototypes of both 2nd and 7th in fur coats or maybe some other new sculpts we haven't even thought of yet.
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Jadeb wrote:
They're doing sets based on Big Finish? And building them around three less known/less popular Doctors? That's an ... interesting strategy.

Not to be terribly negative, but a lot of the stuff they're planning sounds like shelf-warmers. Other than a completist, who needs a boxed set of three sonics that have already been released?

Fingers crossed the three-figure sets and Tardis sets are appealing. I'd love to buy some new product to support the line, but much of this souonds like a pass.

Yea I already have the screwdrivers. Most likely going be reissued in a different box. I think they are doing an 8th doctor in his bigfinished outfit. Which is pretty cool & I love that they are finally getting around to doing the other classics doctor's TARDIS. It would be nice having all the Doctors & theirsTARDIS. The other sets might be worth getting. I'm still waiting to hear about the 13th doctor companion set.
Back to top Go down
hispro
hispro

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 7:23 pm

djdwtw101785 wrote:

I think they are doing an 8th doctor in his bigfinished outfit. Which is pretty cool & I love that they are finally getting around to doing the other classics doctor's TARDIS. It would be nice having all the Doctors & theirsTARDIS. The other sets might be worth getting. I'm still waiting to hear about the 13th doctor companion set.

If the two figures are based off the story In the Garden of Death from THE TIME WAR: VOLUME 2, then the McGann figure would be wearing his Night of the Doctor outfit. It would just be a straight rerelease or a small repaint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicalproductionsinc.com
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 2:23 am

Hopefully these are 5 ' 5 inch scale and not the smaller one. Some interesting possibilities here but it also sounds like there old strategy of re using old molds with some minor tweaks, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 5:10 pm

I want them all:)
Back to top Go down
GeminiPete

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 1:44 pm

I'd love that 70's set, especially since they updated the horrible paint/body mismatch of the initial release. Sure, is a bad cheat but he'd look cool with Greel and Mr Sin! I'd probably have to mod the Brig but still want it! I have the Auton so indifferent to him but want this set really bad!!!! Has WhoNA said if they are getting these?

And been away quite awhile, did the Revenge Cybermen ever make it stateside?
Back to top Go down
tboneterry2
tboneterry2

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Well my hope is we get the 2nd Doctor & 7th Doctor in the fur coats (that would be a huge yeah ) since the B & M sets have taken off. The last years stuff was very cool even being repaints. We will see what we get.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 11:33 pm

given three sets (and four Doctors), who's willing to bet that #2 and #6 are part of a "The Two Doctors" set? It could be a new Colin, as he didn't wear his jacket for a fair amount of that story. Also, it's a fair bet who the third figure is...retooled Sontaran? Repainted Peri? Or (unlikeliest of the lot), the unreleased Jamie?
Back to top Go down
jjm3
jjm3

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 10:00 am

First look at one of the sets, coming Friday, June 28!

https://twitter.com/doctorwhosite/status/1143839476395008002?s=19
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 12:05 pm

squishy wrote:

That's a Big Finish McGann which may be a mash-up of the 9th Doc body and a new head or similar.

Squishy my friend, you got it exactly right
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 7 Large
Back to top Go down

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 7 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next