Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
tboneterry2

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:53 pm

The other site has the revisions on the 3 sets listed to ( I just got all 4 sets from the UK and I'm happy with them) it also lists the new 5.5 13th doctor figure is a Seven 20 not Character Options. I'm more keen on the classic figures. Thanks for the great info from Sir Prise. I was figuring that these last 4 sets were my last hurrah sets. I'm still holding out hope for the CO figures that they had prototypes done. 2nd Doctor in fur coat and the Abominable Snowman. No retooling I would think just sculpting done just painting (very wishful thinking on my part), here is to hopeing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:26 am

Photos of the 13th doctor action figure started pop up on
More news about the new figures set on Wednesday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirPrize

Number of posts : 773
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:56 am

tboneterry2 wrote:
The other site has the revisions on the 3 sets listed  to ( I just got all 4 sets from the UK and I'm  happy with them) it also lists the new 5.5 13th doctor figure is a  Seven 20 not Character Options. I'm more keen on the classic figures. Thanks for the great info from Sir Prise. I was figuring  that these last 4 sets were my last hurrah sets. I'm  still holding out hope for the CO figures that they had prototypes done. 2nd Doctor in fur coat and the Abominable  Snowman. No retooling I would think just sculpting done just painting  (very wishful thinking on my part), here is to hopeing.

Sculpting is the cheapest part of a figure development. If the tooling hasn't been done for those figures, very low chances of those happening. A prototype doesn't mean that a production figure exists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tboneterry2

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Thanks SirPrise my stupid question then for those 2 figures 2nd Doctor in the fur coat, and the Web of Fear Yeti have you heard were they just sculpts them, (sounds like we will never see these 2 figures, they were on my omg Doctor Who figure list). You never hear why things were not produced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirPrize

Number of posts : 773
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:45 am

tboneterry2 wrote:
Thanks SirPrise my stupid question then  for those 2 figures 2nd Doctor in the fur coat, and the Web of Fear Yeti have you heard were they just sculpts them,  (sounds like we will never see these 2 figures, they were on my omg Doctor Who figure list). You never hear why things were not produced.

The furcoat 2nd Doctor was planned for a Legacy line that was planned, but cancelled because of lack of interest. There was supposed to be a duffle coat 7th doctor too and a few other figures I can't remember.

For the Yeti, the rumour is that because the picture of the unapproved sculpt was leaked during negociations with the rights holders, approval was refused and the Yeti can't be produced.

Also, it's a big figure, so much more expensive to produce, and I doubt the market is in a situation where it can support a big figure like that anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tboneterry2

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks greatly SirPrise the answer at last on why these were not done, tell your friend they do great work much thanks on what we did get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: