greenk9
stetsons_are_cool7
Rust
Scary
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Rate S7E5: The Angels Take Manhattan
FANTASTIC!
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 17 ]
Good
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap33%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 14 ]
Okay...
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 8 ]
Bad
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
AWFUL!
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 3:00 pm

That made me sad AND the episode made me sad. I liked the Ponds, a lot. I think Amy was so much better once Rory was on permanently. I thought it was a great send-off too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 3:22 pm

jonwes wrote:
I liked the Ponds, a lot. I think Amy was so much better once Rory was on permanently. I thought it was a great send-off too.

I think so too. Part of why I find them so superior to what came before is how she's actually been developed over the years. Looking at her early episodes, she's certainly more careless and irresponsible than what we've seen this season. Her choice of picking her husband was obvious here, but back in series 5 it wasn't as clear. That shows how much she's actually changed....and we've seen it happen, too...unlike the first few years where the companions would just go from 'ordinary' to 'saving the world' over the course of an episode, with Amy we had a fully developed character (well, as fully developed as a children's television series gets). However polarizing she was, I thought she was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Yeah, as far as companions go, Amy felt like she had a character arc. Something that Mofffat saw as a beginning, middle and end. The little nod back to the first episode at the end give me a big smile. There was a plan for Amy and we saw it through.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:41 pm

i watched it again Probably the only episode i liked out of the 5. Do not worry folks its just as depressing and sad in the 2nd viewing you even find more to be sad and depressed about.

I had no idea the doctor could
Spoiler:
and rivers reaction to what he did was so poor. Ah Marriage.

I also love that Not only did the Daleks forget him
Spoiler:

I get what sums this all up is ....CUE the Music from Season 3.........(just go with it)

"Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
--------
David Tennant returns to mini Series TV in Spies of Warsaw coming soon to the USA i hope

And this spoiler thing is a nasty habit i need to give it up lol
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2208
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:17 pm

I really can't think too hard about this episode because it'll implode from plotholes yet I still felt the performances compensated for this unlike many other stories.
PARADOX!
I felt bad for Rory. He doesn't do much in this episode except make horror movie mistakes that he shouldn't fall for. They did a great job of making Rory & Amy work as couple though. In previous seasons it felt like only one of them could be awesome at a time. The Doctor & River also felt more organic.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Fan theories from IMDb: Rory died in 1990, the date shown on his infamous name badge in The Eleventh Hour.

Amy and Rory raised Melody in New York until she was taken by the Silence, leading into the 1969 part of The Impossible Astronaut. Presumably, they helped her get to the UK so she could become "Mels."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Rory died in 1990, the date shown on his infamous name badge in The Eleventh Hour.

That doesn't really make sense....
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Quote :
jaredofmo wrote:
Rory died in 1990, the date shown on his infamous name badge in The Eleventh Hour.

That doesn't really make sense....
*Shrug* Moffat himself cannot explain that one...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

It's just a mistake, isn't it?

Some of these fans look into this stuff wayyy too much....
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Quote :
jaredofmo wrote:

I second that
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:43 pm

I like the idea that Amy and Rory did get to actually raise their daughter, though.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2208
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:18 am

I'm wondering if River could actually interact with her parents directly or whether she only got Amy to write the afterword through a complicated series of indirect cues left around the period that's all paradoxed out.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:04 am

Just watched it. It was pretty m-e-h. Agree with the person who pointed out how could the statue of Liberty walk around without somebody noticing?

Why exactly can't the Doctor go and visit them, even if they exist in a fixed point and can't be brought back?

The goodbye in the last episode, had they just decided to remain with Rory's dad, would've made much more sense.

This was the weakest episode of the season, or it was at least tied with The Power Of Three.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:27 am

Quote :
jaredofmo wrote:

You can thank Moffat for that. Or are you guys not familiar with Moffat's habit of scattering little clues and hints here and there throughout the past couple series.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:13 am

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 Tumblr_mb5c0eXsLT1r4kni1o1_1280
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 11:15 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Rory and Amy are back in the past raising Melody. It makes a lot of sense with the clues we've seen over the past three years.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:59 pm

I feel like a lot of people here didn't actually pay much attention to the episode when they were watching... There are no plot-holes.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 pm

Quote :
I feel like a lot of people here didn't actually pay much attention to the episode when they were watching... There are no plot-holes.

It's a very "dense" episode and does bear repeated viewings.  After reading all these posts, I'm not sure I caught everything...

I did like it, though.  

Four outta five episodes I've liked so far ain't bad...

Last edited by SeaDevil on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Quote :

With, of course, the exception of the 225 tonne, 111ft & 6in Angel that not one of the New Yorkers managed to see as it clanged itself through the streets. Apart from that - no plot holes!! WinkRazz
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah, that's just about the only thing I have a real problem with.
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm

I still don't get the whole, if it's written down, it's a fixed point in time. In "The Unquiet Dead", the Doctor explains that the human race could die there, and erase everything that happened afterwards. What about all the history books? Aren't those written down?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:08 pm

Just Scott wrote:
Quote :

With, of course, the exception of the 225 tonne, 111ft & 6in Angel that not one of the New Yorkers managed to see as it clanged itself through the streets. Apart from that - no plot holes!! WinkRazz

That's more of a goof on their part...it doesn't make sense at all and should have just been left out or explained...

..but all the questions about why the Doctor can't go back and save them or why they can't see him in a different state, those have all been answered numerous times in this thread and are explained in the episode itself. Those aren't plot holes.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:09 pm

TinDogRory wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Rory and Amy are back in the past raising Melody. It makes a lot of sense with the clues we've seen over the past three years.

It would explain that photo that was found in the orphanage of Amy holding baby Melody.

Just Scott wrote:
Quote :

Not just that but the fact that the Statue of Liberty isn't even made of stone. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Gallifreys Loss wrote:

Or are you guys not familiar with Moffat's habit of scattering little clues and hints here and there throughout the past couple series.

That's him being clever within a show dealing with time-travel, using actual story arcs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Scary wrote:

Not just that but the fact that the Statue of Liberty isn't even made of stone. Razz

Actually, they don't have to be made of stone, just statues.
Back to top Go down

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next