greenk9
stetsons_are_cool7
Rust
Scary
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Rate S7E5: The Angels Take Manhattan
FANTASTIC!
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_lcap40%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 17 ]
Good
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_lcap33%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 14 ]
Okay...
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_lcap19%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 8 ]
Bad
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_lcap5%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
AWFUL!
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_lcap5%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Young padawan wrote:
Isn't he still an Auton?

No, he's not. That was for 2 episodes in series 5.....
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:27 pm

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 556130_4741952947608_2019052791_n
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Has anyone checked out the Melody Malone e-book? It was $2.47 on the 'Zon so I scooped it up, but I notice the chapter titles are... not the ones from the episode. Which sort of defeats the purpose of the book.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

TinDogRory wrote:
Has anyone checked out the Melody Malone e-book? It was $2.47 on the 'Zon so I scooped it up, but I notice the chapter titles are... not the ones from the episode. Which sort of defeats the purpose of the book.

Let us know how it is....I understand it's completely different than the episode, a different story that takes place prior to what we see.... which sounds alright, but can go either way.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 pm

A Who fangirl I follow on Twitter got it and read it and said she really enjoyed it.

By the way, another bit of episode trivia.

Arthur Darvill was born in 1982, and Karen Gillan was born in 1987.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 pm

still loved it, watched two more times. i'm not very hard on the statue of liberty thing because the show is about fantasy, so who hasn't thought after the angels, hey why not the statue of liberty!! its funny, i guess i don't hang out with people who constantly debate rtd vs moffet, i think they have both done brilliant and just okay stuff but i have loved it all. i'm just happy that doctor who is alive and well, and will be in place for the kids i'll have someday. bring on christmas!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Brian Williams and the Ponds’ Fate Revealed in “Doctor Who: P.S.”

Read more: http://www.geekexchange.com/find-out-what-happened-to-brian-williams-and-the-ponds-in-doctor-who-p-s-18249.html#ixzz296mViNfx

Narrated by Arthur Darvill

Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 pm

That hit me right in the feels.
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:44 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
Brian Williams and the Ponds’ Fate Revealed in “Doctor Who: P.S.”

Read more: http://www.geekexchange.com/find-out-what-happened-to-brian-williams-and-the-ponds-in-doctor-who-p-s-18249.html#ixzz296mViNfx

Narrated by Arthur Darvill

A man shows up at the Ponds' front door with a letter from Rory talking about how He and Amy lived a quiet, happy life in the past. And the man that delivered the letter is actually Brian's grandson.

Why does that sound so familiar? scratch

Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Wow, that clip should have been in the episode. Very good closure.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Wow, feeling quite emotional after that. I only had a tear in my eye after Angels Take Manhattan, had this scene been at the end of the episode I think I'd have probably broken down properly. Razz

Such a shame that this wasn't used. Would have made so much sense to add this to the episode. No
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Gallifreys Loss wrote:
Because as the song goes, "It's all been done."
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:39 am

I'm just saying. My brother told me how when he went to school, his English teacher told the class that pretty much all the stories have been told, so all they could turn out in creative writing would likely be variants of existing ones.
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:14 am

jaredofmo wrote:
Gallifreys Loss wrote:
Because as the song goes, "It's all been done."

It would seem so.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm glad this wasn't included at the end of The Power of Three as orignally scripted as it kind of gives it all away what would happen in Angels Take Manhatten the following week.

The end of Angels Take Manhatten was long enough as it is. There is the fake resolution, Rory and Amy get zapped in the graveyard, The Doctor gets sad and runs to find the final page of the book, end on little Amelia. Another scene with Brian just doesn't seem to fit so thankfully it got left out as transmitted. I'd hate to see the episode with a farewell to the Doctor, and Rory's dad, and Amy's parents who we haven't seen since the wedding, and Amy's Aunt. It can just go on and on and eventually ends up a dragging like The End of Time.

It is nice to have the scene as a bonus to watch later on. Would have been nice as another 2 minute mini-episode like "Pond Life", but the recreation is just about as good.

The producer had a choice with his two scripts, end the Ponds with the focus on Amy (the real focus of the past 2.5 years) or on Rory (the tag along companion who rarely gets the limelight). As Gallifreys Loss rightly points out, the letter to Brian is straight out of Blink and we all knew what the letter was going to say. Instead they went with something new, Amy being able include her own Epilogue. I knew the letter/grandson as soon as there was a knock on the door, but I did not expect Amy's epiologue as soon as the Doctor ripped out the final page.

Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:24 am

"P.S." is a nice bonus, but I agree with the stab at Chibnall...the letter gimmick was done in "Blink"; he could've come up with some other format for Rory's message. Since the scene turned out to be read by Darvill, maybe the grandson should have delivered an audiotape?

I wonder if River went to visit Brian after "Manhattan"...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:05 pm

So, does anyone else realize that the lack of Rory's mother might indicate he grew up in a single parent home? If we're going by lacking, perhaps he's an only child as well.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 pm

where are the muppets?
Sorry.

I really liked the rory dad scene- it is a shame they did not film this...
the end was gut wrenching but felt right-
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
So, does anyone else realize that the lack of Rory's mother might indicate he grew up in a single parent home? If we're going by lacking, perhaps he's an only child as well.

I had wondered a bit myself. I assumed he was an only child (no reason in the script, just an assumption) and as for his mom, I just figured she was at home when Brian was visiting the kids. Now that you mention it, he could just have easily been a widower. I might have to pop in The Big Bang tomorrow to see if I can find clues (or make up a scenario in my own noggin) one way or another.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:19 am

I think the fact that Brian is tending to Amy and Rory's home alone in "P.S." is a big tip-off that he's a widower.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:25 am

neogeo wrote:
I might have to pop in The Big Bang tomorrow to see if I can find clues (or make up a scenario in my own noggin) one way or another.

That's something. Was Brian at the wedding or was it someone else?
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:12 pm

The actor (Brian Williams) was not cast and did not appear at the wedding. But you can always say he was late, just out of camera shot, etc. The wedding was all about Amy getting parents. All the rest were just filler.

Did Amy's aunt (from 11th Hour) even appear in a non-speaking role? They probably couldn't afford anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2208
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:27 am

http://www.themarysue.com/steven-moffat-ponds/
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/ Online
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Just saw this myself, kinda "Meh", I thought it was going to be a two parter. Not sure why, maybe because it was supposed to be an epic event, Angels the ponds leave and River. Only drama where the action comes from things just standing there like lumps.
Back to top Go down

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6