greenk9
stetsons_are_cool7
Rust
Scary
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Rate S7E5: The Angels Take Manhattan
FANTASTIC!
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap40%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 40% [ 17 ]
Good
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap33%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 33% [ 14 ]
Okay...
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap19%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 19% [ 8 ]
Bad
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap5%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
AWFUL!
S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap5%S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:44 pm

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Cult_doctor_who_angels_take_manhattan_poster

Last edited by Scary on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm tired of the Angels. Blink was brilliant. Being brilliant does not a new menace make. The Vashta Narada would have been a much better reoccurring malevolent force.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:56 pm

The TV trailer different from the next-time trailer:

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Many theories flying around, can't wait to see. Don't want the Ponds to leave. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Scary wrote:
Many theories flying around, can't wait to see. Don't want the Ponds to leave. Neutral

I have a feeling my own theory I'd had for months is mostly correct:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Brian will kill the Doctor though. That will be fun. bounce Razz
Back to top Go down
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:15 pm

The Angels, River Song, and the Ponds in an episode with some (probably) convoluted device to usher the Ponds off of Doctor Who?

I can easily say that it'll be my least favorite episode of the 7th series, and I just watched "Power of Three" so that's saying something.
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 11:36 pm

um...
my guess
Amy and Rory do the last of mohicans bit at the end of part 2-
river- "dies"
and doc is all alone again...sniff
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:24 am

The latest TV trailer shows Amy, Rory and the Doc on a roof top. Amy says, "Together or not at all" and then the Doctor shouts "WHAT THE heck ARE YOU DOING?!" In the other trailer, we see Amy and Rory fall from above screaming.

Seems dodgy to me. If that really is how they die then why the frickity frack has Moffat put it in the trailer? Meh, I think there's gonna be a twist here.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Seen the promo images on the BBC website? I don't know if these are supposed to be "scary" or a bloomin' joke, look at them! Laughing

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Manhat10

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) Manhat11
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 pm

*facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Scary wrote:
Seen the promo images on the BBC website? I don't know if these are supposed to be "scary" or a bloomin' joke, look at them! Laughing

I dunno, those look slightly creepier than their 'angry'/'attack' look to me.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Me and my sister bawled in laughter when we saw them. Razz I see what you mean though, certainly a bit unnerving.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:55 pm

Scary wrote:
Me and my sister bawled in laughter when we saw them. Razz I see what you mean though, certainly a bit unnerving.

Although, I don't like them being given more personality/development at all.

They should always remain 'neutral' in my opinion, and very rarely have that 'attack' face.... the more we get from them, the less of a threat they are and the more they fit into the 'recurring baddie' role where they're just the 'same old'
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Yup, just like with the Daleks and Cybermen, they're overused and kind of boring now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Scary wrote:
Yup, just like with the Daleks and Cybermen, they're overused and kind of boring now.

Exactly. I still say both those are overused even now...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Scary wrote:
The latest TV trailer shows Amy, Rory and the Doc on a roof top. Amy says, "Together or not at all" and then the Doctor shouts "WHAT THE heck ARE YOU DOING?!" In the other trailer, we see Amy and Rory fall from above screaming.

Seems dodgy to me. If that really is how they die then why the frickity frack has Moffat put it in the trailer? Meh, I think there's gonna be a twist here.

There's pictures of this going around, too... It's probably to throw us off...they wouldn't make it so obvious ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 10:28 pm

notice how the Angels eye is 'scratched out'?

Another figure variation is what I am thinking. scratch
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:16 pm

I liked it!!!

However........

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
retrodude
retrodude

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Ok well I'm deppressed now Sad
Spoiler:
I actually cried... :'( well when I said cried I mean a single tear ran down my cheek.... Still so upset to see them go
Back to top Go down
http://you tube - https://www.youtube.com/user/retrodude333
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:21 pm

You don't need spoiler tags, the thread title says 'spoilers' already.

Just Scott.... they said every statue in the city had become one, so it seemed fine to me.

So...thoughts on this episode.....

This wasn't perfect story-wise. Once again the Angels don't get much attention, at least they were much more important to the story than their last episode, though. Who cares, though, because the point is....

HAPPY ENDING IS HAPPY.

I'd like to just point out that I was right about what happens Razz ....and although I thought I'd be disappointed in its predictability, I actually really like having a happy ending like this for change.

...and more than ever, River is still my favorite. I know lots of people on here can't stand her, but she's seriously my favorite character ever on the show. I love that they left it open that she might return.

Now, that ending....while I like the twist in the end, and apparently it was planned all along....the problem is that this twist has NEVER been hinted at on the show. So while it's a good idea, I'm bothered that it didn't feel realistic when looking at the past couple seasons. Unless if it has been hinted at and I'm forgetting.... has it??
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Fair point....

However.....

Not one person in the whole of New York managed to look at Lady Liberty to stop her in her tracks??? I'd imagine that stealth would not be in her wheel house?!!!

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Just Scott wrote:
Fair point....

However.....

Not one person in the whole of New York managed to look at Lady Liberty to stop her in her tracks??? I'd imagine that stealth would not be in her wheel house?!!!

That's true. It's a bit hard to stretch that. Anyway, I'm thinking it happened right then...as they were closing in on Rory. During which, all I could think was 'poor Rory', of course all this would happen to Rory on this show, that's been the formula all along, after all..

That was the only scene I felt was very 'emotional'. Everything felt so important that for a second I thought that was really how they would exit... which I must say, I wouldn't have hated either, as it's a pretty gutsy way to end their story.

I also really loved the look of this episode. This particular director might be my favorite they've had on the series (Same one as the premiere and a couple other episodes, including The Girl Who Waited)

Another brilliant thing was that there was NO silliness to be found. Been a long time since we had an episode like that. I'm going to go ahead and vote 'fantastic'.... because I want this kind of tone in every episode of the show.

Last edited by kcooper76 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Felt sad for Rory.....fitting ending to the whole "Pond" arc.
Back to top Go down
DalekSupreme08
DalekSupreme08

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)   S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:41 pm

So, Amy and Rory are gone. The whole episode was constructed around this fact, which meant it was a bit thin on the ground monster and supporting character wise, but anything else would have felt wrong.

The Angels weren't very scary as such in the episode, they were mainly there to facilitate Amy and Rory's departure. I've never been a massive fan of the Angels, I do like them though, and they were the right villain for the story. The cherubs were creepy though, and the Statue of Liberty as an Angel looked really impressive! The New York setting was a little irrelevant but it worked, and it’s hard to think of anywhere better for it to be set.

The acting was absolutely brilliant from all four main actors, it was nice to see River Song back, and we're getting dangerously close to Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, what with her being a Professor now. I think that the River story has naturally come to an end now too, though a 50th anniversary appearance wouldn't go amiss.

The stars, of course, were Karen and Arthur. I’ll really miss them as companions, they have been brilliant, and it’s hard to imagine Matt without them for more than an episode or so.
However, I’m excited to see the new companion (Oswin or not) in action at Christmas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.actionfigureradio.webs.com

S7E5: Angels Take Manhattan (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next