SeaDevil
guvnagrover
Ronpur
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 pm

The ? Doctor wrote:

No, I totally missed out on it. I've tried once before to get one of Mondo's other posters, but most of the time they sell out in the blink of an eye...

I know... it's too bad they're in such limited quantities.

Random question for you...but about their website...do you know why there's one section for 'posters' and another labeled 'gallery' (different from 'archive)?
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:58 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
The ? Doctor wrote:

No, I totally missed out on it. I've tried once before to get one of Mondo's other posters, but most of the time they sell out in the blink of an eye...

I know... it's too bad they're in such limited quantities.

Random question for you...but about their website...do you know why there's one section for 'posters' and another labeled 'gallery' (different from 'archive)?

I have no clue...was wondering that myself! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:41 am

The ? Doctor wrote:
I would assume that a Justice League flick would have a totally different Batman. Probably one that would be from whatever version of Batman is playing in the theaters (you know they will 'reboot' Batman again ala Spider-Man).

The Nolan 'Batverse' to me is something of it's own entity with no ties to the other DC characters (which is fine by me).

You don't think a Joseph Gordon-Levitt Bat could be Justice League material?

Actually, I think I rather seem him spin off in a series of Nightwing films.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Calixar wrote:
The ? Doctor wrote:
I would assume that a Justice League flick would have a totally different Batman. Probably one that would be from whatever version of Batman is playing in the theaters (you know they will 'reboot' Batman again ala Spider-Man).

The Nolan 'Batverse' to me is something of it's own entity with no ties to the other DC characters (which is fine by me).

You don't think a Joseph Gordon-Levitt Bat could be Justice League material?

Actually, I think I rather seem him spin off in a series of Nightwing films.

that was my thought as well.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Nightwing films, definitely. Although in the comics, the first Robin did take over as Bats when Bruce 'died'.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:35 pm

This would have been a great movie:

Not quite Nightwing, but close.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:40 am

The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 553654_4383837475550_1872320044_n
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 am

Just Scott wrote:
The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 553654_4383837475550_1872320044_n

HAHAHA - awesome!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:01 am

Finally saw this movie, and I have to say, I loved it. There's topic on another forum where everyone said they hated it, and I really can't understand why. I though Anne Hathaway made the perfect Catwoman (closer to the comics than Michelle Pfeifer, even though I love Michell's Catwoman), Bane was as close to the comics as they are ever going to get him. This was a perfect way to end the Nolan films.

I really hope they don't do more with Joseph Gordon Levitt, but it was a nice touch at the end, and even though I saw it coming, it made me smile. They really had me going with the Bat in the ocean, but seeing Alfred smile, and Selina and Bruce living somewhere out there happy is a happy ending I didn't think Nolan would do, but what we wanted. Just Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 am

So I finally got around to seeing this movie. I bought my ticket for another film because my code of honor is esoteric. I'm glad I was spoiled because that way I thought the plot holes were funny instead of cursing at the screen. I enjoyed this movie more than the previous one because the cinematography for stunts was much clearer & the over the top elements overshadowed the heavy handed speeches.
I enjoyed Catwoman & Bane more than I expected whilst completely hating Batman. He was so apathetic & unobservant. After pointlessly taking the fall for Two-Face, he stops protecting Gotham. He didn't care that his mother's pearls, the reason she was shot in front of him, were stolen. He didn't care that Bane bankrupted him as part of an elaborate scheme. He doesn't care that Miranda is suspiciously worming into his life to usurp his company. He doesn't listen to Alfred's advice to watch the footage of Bane before fighting him. He didn't care about Catwoman violating his no gun murder rule.

Batman's health bar for this movie was all over the place. He starts off needing a cane to walk before it's revealed he has almost no cartilage in his limbs. Then he gets only one mechanical brace that lets him kick through walls & he's back to recklessly overtaxing his body. Then he gets his back broken so badly that his vertebrae stick out. Then he's competely healed by amateur prison chiropractics so well that he doesn't even need any braces. This is despite the fact that he's malnourished in unsanitary an prison. Getting a knife twisted in his side is a momentary inconvenience. He's also able to survive unharmed by ejecting 5 seconds before a nuclear detonation with a 6 mile radius. He did a complete 180 from the realistic take on what would happen to a normal person's body if they were Batman.

I've heard people say they didn't mind his uncrippling because in the comic he's magically cured. This is an exaggeration. In the comics, Bruce Wayne got the best treatment he could buy. Weeks later he got cured by Dr. Kinsolving's healing powers. It's more likely that she's a metahuman than a sorceress, but neither is a cop out since it's established that Batman lives in a world where superpowers & magic abound. Then he has to relearn of of his ninja skills under Lady Shiva. There's no excuse for Nolan to film an even more unrealistic resolution to what should be a career-ending injury.

When Batman saves Catwoman off the roo with the Bat(wing)f, why doesn't he apprehend or incapacitate Bane's goons? He tells her they're Bane's goons. He could've ended the whole movie right there if he had followed through. He could've at least tipped off the cops.

How does Robi Blake know that Bruce Wayne was Batman just because he looked like he was hiding something during his orphanage inspection? That's an insanely lucky leap to conclusions. Meanwhile, why did seasoned detective Gordon need to be told this?

Batman's whole strategy to fight Bane consisted of punching him then than throwing the wussiest smoke bombs possible. After he recovers, his plan is to still just punch Bane ... but angrier.

Robin John Blake should've just been named Dick Grayson. It would've been easy fan service & the non-fans still would've been surprised by his role. The Robin scene was groan worthy.

I recalibrated my ears to understand most of want Bane said. It was an adorable voice that provided much needed unintentional comedy.

Bane running Gotham for 5 months was really awkward. What's the point of freeing armed maniacs to terrorize the city? Who does that give hope to? Why do they want to poison the city with hope when they were already in a hopeful low crime era. Why not destroy the city instantly instead of providing a 5 month window to fail? Why couldn't the government think of a better way to handle the situation? Why did Ban & Talia want be destroyed with it instead of moving onto the League's next target?

Why did all crime conveniently stop for 8 years while Batman was retired? A city with no organized crime, no hardline DA, no crazed vigillante, & inept cops seems ripe for the plucking. Supercriminals wouldn't be scared off by the Dent Act. It undermined the trilogy's them of unabating escalation.

I still hate Bane' Mortal Kombat/Predator mask. It seemed to have tubes t pump in analgesic gas but where were the gas cannisters that feed such tubes? Fighting while snorting painkillers is a bad villain move anyway as shown by Little Shop of Horrors. Why was he wearing one glove if he didn't have a Venom-injector control strapped to it? Since it wasn't an important plot point, why not just have him wear a mask because he wants to? Since he did all his acting with his eyes they could've easily used the iconic comic book mask with transparent red lenses.

Catwoman was surprisingly well written considering how undercooked most women in Nolan films are. I still hate that she didn't wear a cat mask, use a whip, use claws, have any pets cats, own any cat decor, or call herself Catwoman. Those are iconic elements of her character that no one had problems with before. If they can make literal stilleto heels work, they could've done the same with her cat fetish.

How did Batman & Bane instantly travel between Gotham & Uzbekistan without anyone noticing? How'd Batman find time to to create a Clean Slate computer program & make a giant Bat emblem on the bridge while Gotham was mere hours from exploding.

If the stock exchange had cameras & Bane was hacking the trading system, why wasn't it obvious that the reclusive Bruce Wayne didn't personally authorize his fortune to be wasted?

I liked Talia but her motivation was screwy. I wish she had more to do as Marion Cotillard elevates underwritten villainess roles.

Was John Dagget supposed to be Roland Dagget from BTAS? They could get a lot of fan service mileage out of supporting characters but they insist on changing the names just enough to ruin it. I don't know why they're so reticent to namedrop existing characters into slightly different roles when they're already pretty loose with portrayls of main characters.

Malnourished cop who were living underground for 5 months armed with batons shouldn't beat an army of trained & well fed killers with automatic weapons & super tanks. Even if Batman destroyed the canons, they still should've driven over the cops.
Everybody kept mispronouncing Ra's al Ghul's name.
They didn't play up the love-hate between Batman & Catwoman enough. As much as comic Batman dislikes Catwoman's criminality, movie Batman should hate movie Catwoman even more for invading his home, stealing mom's pearls, & wantonly shooting people. Those should push all of his buttons. They don't even show that the attraction is perverse since movie Catwoman embodies everything that ruined Bruce Wayne's life.

I wanted more Juno Temple as Holly Robinson. I liked seeing Owen & Littlefinger. Scarecrow should've done more too.

I'm not sure if i liked the Alfred quitting scene. I support Alfred for leaving Bruce for being an utter dumbass, but I don't think he would suddenly quit after being so supportive of Bruce's decision to become Bataman in the first place. Telling Bruce about Rachel's letter reminded me of Harry Osborn's butler telling him how his dad died.

Why did Gordon carry a letter villifying Harvey Dent around with him all the time? Why would anybody believe Bane when he read the letter? Was it even necessary since escaped convicts were rampaging not regular citizens who were upset about being lied to? What happened 8 years ago was the least of anyone's problems under the circumstances.

It was nice to see Wayne Manor & the Batcave again. I hated the dockside HQ last movie.

I wish the aesthetic of his tools improved. Everything still looked ugly instead of bat-shaped. For a guy who hates guns, he sure has a lot of guns & gun-shaped tools. It felt random that he only hit one guy with a batarang as if it was some contractual obligation they had to get out of the way.

I hated the happy ending. If they're going to end the trilogy they ought to have the guts to have Batman sacrifice himself to save his home. This felt cheap. I hope Selina gets tired of paying for him & dumps his broke ass.

This would've worked better as a TV show instead of nonsensically mashing a over a year's worth of plot points together.

Where's my movie Talia action figure?
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:31 am

Again, I liked it.... but wow.... you make an awful lot of excellent points!

Maybe I missed it, but why were they so keen to get Bruce's fingerprints? Did they ever get used?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:13 am

Calixar wrote:
Again, I liked it.... but wow.... you make an awful lot of excellent points!

Maybe I missed it, but why were they so keen to get Bruce's fingerprints? Did they ever get used?

Bruce's fingerprints were used to make the stock purchase's that Bane did that made Bruce wayne/Wayne Enterprises bankrupt. Just part of Bane's plothole....I mean plans in the movie. You know, the thing that is for escaping reality and enjoying Razz
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:29 am

They used them with the system hacking at the stock exchange robbery to make it appear that Wayne authorized all his fortune to be invested into failing stocks. (Does any stock trading actually require a hand print?) They didn't say if they tampered with anybody else's portfolio. Since they were doing it digitally & the League is great at infiltrarion, they could've quietly screwed over Wayne without drawing attention in a very public armed robbery & hostage kidnapping. Some people at the stock exchange saw they were uploading something using a stolen access card, so all recent transactions would be suspect. In addition to not being on any security footage, surely Wayne uses stock brokers who can confirm he never authorized it. Even without direct proof, this is something Wayne definitely should've contested. He was already on shaky ground with the board & he was already low on funds to help orphans. One of the plot points of Batman Begins was that he can't trust others to run his dad's company scrupulously. Not to mention that he needs a fortune to finance his war on crime. Since he knew this was part of Bane's (& Talia's) masterplan, why play into their hands? It's not like he had an ace up his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 pm

LOL!

Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:18 pm

http://www.cracked.com/article_20012_if-dark-knight-rises-was-10-times-shorter-more-honest.html
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Next time WB revamps Batman...

The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 Tumblr_mbau5fjfC21qe9y5fo1_500
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 pm

I never thought I'd say this but...

Hooray for Walmart.

As a DVD buyer still, I was quite annoyed that the DKR DVD was bare bones with virtually nothing as far as special features.

Then I saw that Walmart has an exclusive 2-disc Special Edition DVD with all the Blu-ray features!

It took all afternoon to watch everything yesterday...

cheers

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:20 pm

I love the special features. Especially the Batmobile special. I got the Trilogy Bluray, since I did not have the first two on Blu yet.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJuGeqdbn4&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2