3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 4:34 pm

The trailer looks REALLY good! I wasn't excited for this episode or the final episode but after seeing the next time clip, it looks really cool! Not looking forward to seeing where they're going with this heaven/heck stuff though...

Last edited by Scary on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Is UNIT in this?  I caught a glimpse of Oswald and her inhaler, I think.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Ronpur wrote:

Yep! Kate Stewart is in the trailer, too!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Scary wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Yep! Kate Stewart is in the trailer, too!

Yep, just went and looked again and spotted her!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:20 pm

I wonder about the Clara Oswald never existing line in the trailer. And why is Missy watching events on iPads and TV monitors. And we get stories about Robin Hood, dragons in moon eggs, mummies on a space train, tree fairies......

Like something from the Land of Fiction......

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 7:46 pm

^The Land of Fiction, where there was another Master!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:55 pm

Rogue wrote:
^The Land of Fiction, where there was another Master!

Or Mistress!

And I was reading of a hidden message in the last episode, that makes me wonder what is going on.  A bus in the trees with an advert for "Doctor Who" on the side.

S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) Bus_zpscf927001
Back to top Go down
fatsal
fatsal

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2014-07-10

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:26 am

After seeing the trailer, I can't help but remember Capaldi's line from the World Tour: when asked to sum up the new season, he said "Trust No One". Hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:38 am

Very interesting about that bus ad!  I suspect it's was just an inside joke for fans. It seems too subtle, and too late in the season to be releated to the plot. But then again, weren't we supposed to be getting some tie-in with Capaldi's Doctor and his 'resemblance' to the character Capalidi played in "Fires of Pompeii"? I have a feeling that is going to play into this 'afterlife' storyline too, but nothing has been hinted at in the show.

As for Clara's 'never existed' line. I've never been satisfied with the 'impossible girl' story. They did a lot of teasing about as we first met Clara and it was practically glossed over in "The Name of the Doctor".   Hopefully whatever comes up with play into that again.  I loved Clara, but I think her character has become a huge mess her storyline takes too much time away from adventuring.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 4:45 pm

I like that Land of Fiction theory. I could totally see it. And yeah, I think we're going to find out why the Doctor's subconscious picked Caecilus's face as a message to himself.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm

While I like the Land of Fiction idea, I had really wanted to see Craig Ferguson as the Master thereof... with at least a cameo by Geoff Peterson.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm

I was thinking about the trailer the other day. There are a lot of tombs mentioned and shown... Missy said something along the lines of "Clara, you're my favorite." There were all of those dozens and dozens of Claras in the Doctor's life. All (?) of them died helping the Doctor, so that's a lot of dead Claras for Missy to collect. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 5:04 pm

An OK episode all round - kinda predictable really - but enjoyable!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 6:29 pm

I just... I can't even describe... Never felt this before... I'm in this weird floaty confused, excited, lost state... I loved the episode. And I loved Missy... But... Wow... I don't know. The Master... Is a woman... Wow. I like it and I'm also unsure about it. I really can't describe. But I think I enjoyed it. No I definitely enjoyed it. I'm excited to see where this goes. I'm also very lost and... Wow. That's the only word I can use to describe this. Is 'wow' an emotion? I really don't know... What even is life...

Voted 'Fantastic'.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 9:41 pm

I loved the different POV of the Cybermen, Dark Water indeed. I loved the Cyber Eye as the Logo for the company. It would have been a great reveal if all the advertising didn't give it away that there were Cybermen in the story!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 9:54 pm

I don't get why Missy says she couldn't go by "Master." Sure she could. She is a strong independent woman who only decided that she needed Cybermen.

CO, you now have two more figures to make for a Master collection.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 10:01 pm

for a split second, when Missy said she was a Time Lady that the Doctor had left behind...I thought they were going to say she was Romana!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 10:01 pm

holy snot goblins!
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 10:24 pm

To Quote the famous Shaggy from Scooby Doo

ZOINKS !!!!!!!!!! Ma ma ma master !!!!!!!!

Last edited by rmlextreme on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:21 pm

WHAT!!!!!!   Holy crap!!!!!

I can't believe the Doctor only has 7 TARDIS keys!

Oh, and the Master thing, too.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Ha ha ha

HERE COME THE DRUMS , HERE COME THE DRUMS

Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 12:22 am

Okay, the episode was good...I agree that the Cybermen reveal would have been a lot more of a mind-blower if we hadn't seen them all over the trailer for this episode!! C'mon, the Moff!! This could've been Modern Who's "Earthshock" cliffhanger! It wasn't telegraphed at all until the doors closed and we saw the door windows together...It's one thing if internet freaks post spoilers online...that's going to happen. But why blow the "surprise" in your own advertising? Instead of blowing minds, you made people get antsy waiting for the Cybermen to show up. And all the UNIT stuff should not have been in the trailer for this episode.

Still, the story was good. That second "surprise reveal" though...exactly how can the Master claim the Doctor left him for dead? The last we saw of the Master, he "sacrificed" himself to get rid of Rassilion. Missy's claim made me think we were actually going to get something surprising. But to be honest, in each of Missy's appearances this season she looked more and more like Ainley in drag. His Master did like to play dress-up, remember.

Actually, thinking of Missy as a male Master in drag makes the concept go down better for me. I don't really care for the idea, both for the precedent it sets for the next Doctor, and because it's hard to see the chauvinistic Master consenting to walking around as "a girl." (I am presuming he took a Sisterhood of Karn cocktail...I'm looking forward to hearing her story next week.)
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 2:09 am

Missy looks like Amanda Palmer wearing disguise eyebrows.
I just hope the Cybermen aren't defeated by the power of love again.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 4:14 am

Yes I voted bad.

The fool I am really wanted to believe Moffat could have redeemed this whole disaster of a season with this episode and the big "reveal" but the whole thing left me flat and bored with no hope for excitement
for the future of Who.

I'm glad those of you who enjoyed it found something to enjoy but as for me I'm down to my last strike with 2 outs and its the bottom of the ninth in game 7 of the Who series.

With Moffat at bat it looks real bad Sad
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)   S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 5:04 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Still, the story was good. That second "surprise reveal" though...exactly how can the Master claim the Doctor left him for dead? The last we saw of the Master, he "sacrificed" himself to get rid of Rassilion.

Perhaps he/she was hoping that the Doctor would somehow return the favour? Of course the time-lock was reformed, that's the whole point he took on Rassilon, but the Master being the Master probably expected the Doctor to break the time-lock open again to pluck him out and into safety.

I wonder how he regenerated. Just as Gallifrey returned to the Time War in 'The End of Time,' the final Dalek invasion that we see in 'Day of the Doctor' would have been imminent and the Doctor was already out there somewhere with the Moment. So the Master wouldn't have joined the fight and died and regenerated at war, there was no time left for that at this point. I wonder if Rassilon killed him as soon as they got back, or if the Daleks stormed the room of the High Council and exterminated them all. I really hope we get a lot of details and maybe even flashbacks in next week's episode, not just hints or implications.
Back to top Go down

S8E11: Dark Water (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next