artanyus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:17 am

I just got back from seeing the latest Transformers movie and I was curious as to what other people thought about the movie as well. Having seen them all, I feel the first film was the best by far, but Dark of the Moon was way better than Revenge.

There was a decent story, but it could have done without the typical Sam Witwicky moments. I did not some major continuity issues as well, but aside from that, once we got to the last hour or so of the it was non-stop intense action (in my opinion having seen it in 3D on the IMAX).

For others who have seen it, what are you thoughts about the movie?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 5:58 am

It was okay.

Being a fan of the franchise since childhood, I was both pleased and disappointed they were effectively stealing the plot of two classic cartoon episodes and mashing them together, with added twists.

Spoiler:

There were a lot of good moments, but also a lot of weak moments. Overall I enjoyed it, but I am glad this is the last one (until the inevitable reboot). The plot was beginning to devolve into mindless action movie territory on par with the Resident Evil franchise.

Pros:

- Peter Cullen's acting. This is Optimus at his finest. He no longer sounds like he's just reading lines, but is actually getting into the role and his vocal nuance helps you get inside Optimus' head.

- Wheelie and Brains. After disliking the little twerp in the second movie, I took a real shine to Wheelie in this one, and his companion isn't bad either.

- Laserbeak. Show Stealer on par with Frenzy from the first movie.

- Carly. I was really hesitant about the gal they got to replace Megan Fox. I thought she did a fine job for being her first acting gig.

- BARRICADE! cheers

- Finally a line to replace the tired "One Shall Stand" line.

Spoiler:

Cons:

- Shockwave was a non-character.

- Plot doesn't mesh with the motivations of the first two movies (Obtain Power, Gain Army)

- Skids, Mudflap, and Jolt are MIA without a mention. Mikaela got a explanation but not these three?

- Issues with a fight scene

Spoiler:

- The motivations of one of the antagonists.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Wow, Rust, way too much thinking for me! LOL It was an intense ride, great action and giant robots kicking butt. That is pretty much all I want from a Transformers movie! Brain goes off, and show me some great action. Actually seeing humans vaporized by the Deceptacons was a bit of a shock, too. Seeing a city I am familiar with being destroyed for once was kind of cool!

So, basically, I loved it. Yes, it is not an Oscar winner, but it was fun!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 pm

i loved it. i thought it was the best one so far.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Better than 2. not as good as 1
Back to top Go down
dr.dalek
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:12 pm

loved it

but thought the whole cybertron coming to take earths energy was alot like the end of time and the tenth planet
Back to top Go down

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Page 1 of 1