10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Just got home and trying to collect my thoughts. I am just wowed! I have read Batman for years, and this story was so much fun and sets so much up for a future, and yet comes full circle back to the beginning. I love Anne Hathaway's Catwoman, and Bane was relentless. I really don't want this series to end! I am glad that a trilogy that began with Ra's al Ghul ended with Talia.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Just got home and trying to collect my thoughts. I am just wowed! I have read Batman for years, and this story was so much fun and sets so much up for a future, and yet comes full circle back to the beginning. I love Anne Hathaway's Catwoman, and Bane was relentless. I really don't want this series to end! I am glad that a trilogy that began with Ra's al Ghul ended with Talia.

I agree - definitely a good way to end this trilogy. I thought this was closer in tone with Batman Begins, which I actually preferred over The Dark Knight (I know, call me crazy, but hey...it's just my preference Very Happy - I actually watch Batman Begins more than The Dark Knight). This film, to me, had a lot more of a connection to Batman Begins than The Dark Knight did.

Regardless, I enjoyed it (apparently, I've seen it twice lol) and a little sad that Nolan and Bale are done with this Batverse. Guess it's best to go out on a high note...(at least for me it was a high note).
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:53 pm

I wanted to just go back again, but, no time today, lol. I wonder if the intents of DC to do a Justice League could have some influence on a future Batman movie. And if it could still tie into this story.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I wanted to just go back again, but, no time today, lol. I wonder if the intents of DC to do a Justice League could have some influence on a future Batman movie. And if it could still tie into this story.

After reading some interviews with Nolan, he said that he was done with Batman; Bale has said that if Nolan isn't directing, then he isn't interested.

I would assume that a Justice League flick would have a totally different Batman. Probably one that would be from whatever version of Batman is playing in the theaters (you know they will 'reboot' Batman again ala Spider-Man).

The Nolan 'Batverse' to me is something of it's own entity with no ties to the other DC characters (which is fine by me).

I saw it first in IMAX; the second time was on a regular screen. What I couldn't get over was that the IMAX version looked like a HD movie where the regular version looked like I was watching a VHS tape...

I'm just glad this wasn't in 3D...kind of tired of the whole 3D shtick.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:43 pm

I picture it in its own universe as well, and Nolan has said other heroes don't exist there, and yes, I can not imagine this Batman working with them if they did. But I have to wonder where they are going with Man of Steel as well. Especially with Nolan working on that. How will that Superman tie into JLA, if it does at all. But it was a darn fine trilogy, and I loved this Batman as I have loved most of them before!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I picture it in its own universe as well, and Nolan has said other heroes don't exist there, and yes, I can not imagine this Batman working with them if they did. But I have to wonder where they are going with Man of Steel as well. Especially with Nolan working on that. How will that Superman tie into JLA, if it does at all. But it was a darn fine trilogy, and I loved this Batman as I have loved most of them before!

Good point - I'm not sure if the version of Superman from "Man of Steel" will be in the JLA flick. I haven't kept up with the comics, but does the Superman suit from "The New 52" look like the suit does for the upcoming flick?

Since Nolan isn't directing "Man of Steel", it could be that he is more lenient towards Superman and other DC heroes co-existing in the MoS universe, therefore maybe that would lead up to a JLA flick.

I read that they (DC) were not considering going the Marvel route, where singular superhero movies would build up to one group movie (The Avengers). That's a mistake in my opinion...Marvel played that card perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:15 pm

The ? Doctor wrote:

Good point - I'm not sure if the version of Superman from "Man of Steel" will be in the JLA flick. I haven't kept up with the comics, but does the Superman suit from "The New 52" look like the suit does for the upcoming flick?

Since Nolan isn't directing "Man of Steel", it could be that he is more lenient towards Superman and other DC heroes co-existing in the MoS universe, therefore maybe that would lead up to a JLA flick.

I read that they (DC) were not considering going the Marvel route, where singular superhero movies would build up to one group movie (The Avengers). That's a mistake in my opinion...Marvel played that card perfectly.

No idea about the 52 suit, will have to check. Most of the major JLA figures are far more well known that the Avengers were, so it could work without movies to introduce Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:19 pm

This was an amazing trilogy of films.

There are many ways to interpret Batman, and I feel that Nolan's take was a perfect way to dramatize Batman in today's world. Compelling characters, thrilling action, tight storytelling, all excellently directed and portrayed. It had a beginning, a middle, and an end. And I loved every minute of it. I was saddened that it would only be three movies, but after seeing TDKR, I understand why and fully support it.

Epic.

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Ronpur wrote:
The ? Doctor wrote:

No idea about the 52 suit, will have to check. Most of the major JLA figures are far more well known that the Avengers were, so it could work without movies to introduce Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

I wonder who else they would include in a JLA flick...Martian Manhunter, The Flash, Hawkman (or Hawkgirl)?

I was reading some comments about TDKR over at IMDB and it seems some people were torn over the 'meaning' of the ending:

Spoiler:

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:21 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
This was an amazing trilogy of films.

There are many ways to interpret Batman, and I feel that Nolan's take was a perfect way to dramatize Batman in today's world. Compelling characters, thrilling action, tight storytelling, all excellently directed and portrayed. It had a beginning, a middle, and an end. And I loved every minute of it. I was saddened that it would only be three movies, but after seeing TDKR, I understand why and fully support it.

Epic.

Yup, agreed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:25 pm

The ? Doctor wrote:
II was reading some comments about TDKR over at IMDB and it seems some people were torn over the 'meaning' of the ending:

Spoiler:

What do you think?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:30 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
The ? Doctor wrote:
II was reading some comments about TDKR over at IMDB and it seems some people were torn over the 'meaning' of the ending:

Spoiler:

What do you think?

Spoiler:

I'm glad you agree...
Spoiler:
were awesome and made me love the flick even more.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Yep, that's the way I saw it as well.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:44 am

Ronpur wrote:
Yep, that's the way I saw it as well.

me too!! and they totally had me for a minute. lol
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:28 pm

And I feel really stupid that I did not remember that Burn Gorman was in it! I kept looking at him and thinking, "Who is that?"
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And I feel really stupid that I did not remember that Burn Gorman was in it! I kept looking at him and thinking, "Who is that?"

I know!!! It took me a couple of seconds and then I was like "OWEN!!".
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:10 pm

The 52 suit does resemble the new movie suit somewhat. No red underoos for a start. The collar is much higher, giving it a military vibe. Cape is slightly different. Other than that, not much change.

The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers 84-superman-new-52-artfx-statue
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:12 pm

mattmanw54301 wrote:
The 52 suit does resemble the new movie suit somewhat. No red underoos for a start. The collar is much higher, giving it a military vibe. Cape is slightly different. Other than that, not much change.

The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers 84-superman-new-52-artfx-statue

That's interesting - thanks for the pic! I kinda dig the collar...
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Definitely a class act:

The Dark Knight Rises star Christian Bale is visiting the victims of the theater shooting in Aurora. The Denver Post reports:

Christian Bale, star of the Batman films, is in town visiting victims of the Aurora movie theater shooting, Warner Brothers officials confirmed.

"Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers," said an assistant for Susan Fleishman, executive vice president for Warner Brothers corporate communications.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:11 pm

The ? Doctor wrote:
Definitely a class act:

The Dark Knight Rises star Christian Bale is visiting the victims of the theater shooting in Aurora. The Denver Post reports:

Christian Bale, star of the Batman films, is in town visiting victims of the Aurora movie theater shooting, Warner Brothers officials confirmed.

"Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers," said an assistant for Susan Fleishman, executive vice president for Warner Brothers corporate communications.

I was just reading that. No publicity, no fanfare, they smuggled him in inside an ambulance! Very classy!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Ronpur wrote:
The ? Doctor wrote:
Definitely a class act:

I was just reading that. No publicity, no fanfare, they smuggled him in inside an ambulance! Very classy!

Didn't know that they smuggled him in inside an ambulance...awesome!

Going to see this flick for a third time this weekend...
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:21 pm

The ? Doctor wrote:
Definitely a class act:

Good for him. Truly a super hero.

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Ronpur wrote:

I didn't know beforehand, so it was quite a pleasant surprise - and a featured role no less!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:12 pm

The ? Doctor, did you buy that poster you've got as your avatar when they were selling it the other day? I remember getting the email about it going on sale last week, and thinking it must look really nice in person. I like the design a lot.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers   The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:35 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
The ? Doctor, did you buy that poster you've got as your avatar when they were selling it the other day? I remember getting the email about it going on sale last week, and thinking it must look really nice in person. I like the design a lot.

No, I totally missed out on it. I've tried once before to get one of Mondo's other posters, but most of the time they sell out in the blink of an eye...
Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Rises-Spoilers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next