5 posters
AuthorMessage
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 5:07 pm

Did anyone see the Knight Rider relaunch? Any Opinions and will it survive for any resonible amout of time? Who's up next on the remakes? My votes would be for A-Team or why can't someone do a new Buck Rogers?
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ruth

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 6:23 pm

I saw a little bit of it, but not enough to form a real opinion yet. I loved the original show.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 7:58 pm

Finally watched the pilot, it was just sitting on the hard drive waiting for me to have the time. Enjoyed the original and liked this pilot too. Val Kilmer as the new KITT actually worked for me. A little overhyping on the Shelby Mustang with three different versions. Parts started to feel like an overblown commercial for it. Otherwise the dynamic of the new driver and the girl scientist worked. The former ranger training may have been a little to fluff, but since they didn't have him taking down entire squads of bad guys it worked too.

Overall I'd watch the series when/if it launches in the fall. The only part that was a little too much of a stretch was him turning out to be the son of Michael Knight who was hidden away as an infant to protect him and his mother when Michael became the Knight Rider. Allows them to bring Hasselhoff in occasionally and fully tie the two series, but still a stretch.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 8:52 pm

As a product of the 80's I was happy to see the attempt plus my wife was willing to watch as "Mike" was the guy who played "Jaime" on All My Children and the Scientist girl was also a soap actress. If all my sci-fi shows would steal soap stars I could get her to watch anything! Val Kilmer I could place the voice.Thanks for that. I can only assume that Ford paid a mint for the hours worth of commercial time. One treat in the pilot I like was the Doctor's garage that had the orginal parts around(steering wheel) it was a nice touch. The stretch for me was the air carrier. Oh you had a semi? nah nah we now have an air carrier. Bigger, better , stronger, faster? We'll see what happens in the fall to me it seems like a viable show.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 9:44 am

I loved Knight Rider growing up and now my two sons love it too so when the remake pilot came out we just had to stay up a little past bedtime to catch it Very Happy

It was pretty cool seeing how the car can change it's shape and color and make. The new actor's background plot - laid back, down and out kinda fella - wished they did something better. The first Knight Rider had a better beginning in that they saved his life while he was on duty trying to bust some bad guys. The kicker was seeing the original Michael Knight - boy, has he grown older (my kids went, that's the first Michael Knight?? Don't look much like him Wink I cannot help but think back to how David Hasselhorf (spelling?)looked in Baywatch Surprised

Thought the tie in between the first and second Knight Rider was pretty good - like handing over of the baton from father to son. Very nice touch, there. Someone mentioned that this is the son born to the former girlfriend before he became Knight Rider. That cannot be the case because she appeared in a later episode (when he was already Knight Rider) and it was some time after but she was neither pregnant nor have a son already. Or was this the son born after their tryst in that episode which ended with her being given a new identity for testifying against her ex-boss who turned out to be a crook? She knew Michael Knight was the former Michael Long - that was such a sad and touching episode Sad

As for KITT's new voice with Val Kilmer (even though I like Val Kilmer as an actor), I miss the original KITT's voice and humor - have not seen much humor in the new KITT but it is still too early to tell.

The one great thing I like about this new pilot is the fact that it is still kid friendly unlike some other current remakes that feels like they are catered more to the "adults" - Battlestar Galactica for one (my kids loved the old series and were bummed out when we could not let them watch the new series Sad )

Overall, we will watch the new series when it comes back (so long as they remain kid friendly - I love re-living my childhood again and sharing it with my sons). Just wish I know which Channel to catch it on - saw the pilot quite by accident as we were flipping channels. I have DISH network and I believe the pilot came out on WTHR channel, not one of my usual viewing channels - I think they only tell weather Very Happy so imagine my surprise when I saw Knight Rider on it.

That's my 2-cents.... Now to find a copy of the Bionic Woman remake ......

Cheers!

Jany Bradbury
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 10:17 pm

I concur with the kid friendly shows. It's nice to have something to watch that is adult enough to entertain you and be innocent enough to not ruin your children.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Who North America wrote:
Now to find a copy of the Bionic Woman remake ......

Cheers!

Jany Bradbury

I'm guessing you mean the eventual DVD since this show too has been canceled by NBC.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 5:24 am

Yeah, I just wanted to see how they re-did it. The adverts for it looked interesting. Not a copy to be found yet.

Quite bummed out that they have not released the original Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man yet. Oh well, still so many other series I am waiting patiently for namely The Magician and Man from Atlantis. Found a few clips of them on Youtube - ahhh, such sweet memories Very Happy

Jany
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:22 am

Wasn't there already a Magician show? Anybody help I might be thinking of 2 different 80's ahows ABC I believe.
1 starred the Hardy Boy actor also was in the 1st year of baywatch, married to Kirstie Ally.
1 starred wicket,willow my mind's black right now I feel stupid but it's late and i can't think of his name.

anyway wasn't one of those shows called the Magician or was it the same show?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 7:13 am

The Magician TV series starred Bill Bixby Very Happy

There was one very poignant episode which featured Bill Bixby and his late wife (in real life, she committed suicide a year after the accidental death of their young daughter) - so very sad.

Jany
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 7:51 am

There was an animated show that aired on FOX in 1999 called the magician, otherwise there was only one show called The Magician. It was on tv the year I was born, and I wouldn't know anything about it if hadn't landed on SciFi several years back. I'm sure my description wouldn't be all that well since I have no real memory to draw on. So here's a couple of links to tell you more...

http://www.tvrage.com/The_Magician_1973/

http://www.tvparty.com/remagician.html
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 10:46 am

Yeah, that's the one!! Bill Bixby was wonderful as the Magician - he uses magic tricks to solve problems, etc. He was my hero then :-) It was a shortlived series though, only 1.5 seasons. I guess he did not have the heart to carry on after his wife's suicide (sob! sob!) - he later went on to star in the TV series of the Incredible Hulk (if you noticed he rarely smiles in that series).

Jany
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 11:42 am

The Bionic Woman remake was lame even though it was made by the Battlestar Galactica folk and starred the foxy Michelle Ryan.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 9:26 pm

Okay then, but what the show I was thinking of then. Was it maybe like The Wizard or something?
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 9:58 pm

LakeErieMonster wrote:
Okay then, but what the show I was thinking of then. Was it maybe like The Wizard or something?

Not sure either, you mentioned Willow (Warwick Davis), who never had a tv series, and Parker Stevenson (Hardy Boys, Baywatch) who did have a short lived series, but it was a scifi style show credited to Asimov.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094529/

As to what the show might have been, I'm not sure. What was the plot and what types of characters did it have?
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:37 pm

probe was the one. I'll have to jog my memory somemore it was 20 years ago.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 pm

NBC jumped ahead of the other networks today and announced their fall line up and for those of us who enjoyed the pilot movie, the series is official...

WEDNESDAY
8-9 pm: KNIGHT RIDER

I wonder who will do KITT now, or if they'll be able to keep Kilmer interested in continuing.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Yea!! Do you know when it will start officially so I can keep my kids up to watch it too :-) Thanks for the info!

Jany
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:52 pm

Only thing I got was the time slot and that it started for the fall season, no specific dates. I guess just starting watching for promos and ads in august or so.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:05 pm

In conjuction with my rant on the new figure thread. A speed racer size combatible toy line might be nice if the series does well. I still have might 8"-ish Michael Knight and talking KITT in my parents attic.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Ooh, post pictures, please Very Happy

Jany
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Knight Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight Rider   Knight Rider EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:18 am

It might be a while like I said they are up in my parents attic with all my old toys in Clevelan. Next trip back home I'll see what i can do. : )
Back to top Go down

Knight Rider
Page 1 of 1