48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Big Chief products - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 6:07 pm

In-hand customer pic of the "Day of the Doctor" 10. Looks good!

Big Chief products - Page 13 14702210
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Another pic of 10, and a pic of the new Amy head! I might have to get an Amy once I recover from the recent money I've been spending.

Big Chief products - Page 13 1456486_10202333684564896_298016190_n
Big Chief products - Page 13 1000265_10202512396992518_2056350877_n
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:05 am

A review of the 4th Doctor figure. He looks great!

Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:14 am

Wonderful video review. Very even handed critique....

WHY CAN"T I HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY??!!!??

*cries softly in corner*
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Cool, I'm glad to see this! Thanks!

Too bad about the loss of some detail in the production headsculpt, but this is to be expected. I'm also glad to hear the coat's color isn't quite so red in person.

I was really worried about that 'five o'clock shadow' I was seeing in the earlier parts of the video, but it wasn't so noticable in the close-ups. Must be the lighting.

Can't wait to get this. I hope they release a 'general retailer' release of Tennant soon! I missed my chance to get the 50th Anniversary edition.
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks to some posts at GallifreyBase, I found the link needed to pay the rest of my deposit for my Tom Baker figure yesterday evening.

It'll be nice if it arrives before Christmas, but given how these things haphazardly progess, I won't "rage" if it's after the new year.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 3:57 pm

My Tom Baker is paid in full, with shipping!!!

But, it was $296.57 total. With these prices, I don't know if I'll buy anymore of them.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Tony at BCS just posted this over at GB so I thought I would repost it here as it may be helpful:

Quote :
As a new company we only have a very small team and do not have a dedicated customer service person to answer e-mails, so we are unable to answer customer service enquiries as quickly as we would like to. Unfortunately there simply are not enough hours in the day for us to do all the other jobs that are required to run the business. We have development of new figures, liaising with the factories on a daily basis, import logistics, packing and shipping of orders, accounting, marketing, approvals and any number of other things to do when running a business, along with the very important matter of customer service. Because of all these jobs unfortunately we have to prioritise and sometimes that means customer service will take a back seat.

We do however answer enquiries whenever possible, including weekends and sometimes even up until 3 am. We have gone without weekends, holidays and evenings to get these figures made and in to the hands of customers before Christmas. To those that think we do not care about our customers, this is simply not true. There is nobody more frustrated than us, that we cannot offer a smoother purchase experience at this point, as already mentioned we have given up the majority of our free time since starting BIG Chief, we are providing the improved Amy head free of charge (shipping to be paid), to those that want it for their Amy figure and we are flying in product at great expense to ourselves, in order to make sure the product is shipped in time for Christmas. The best place to keep updated with information is currently facebook, but as we develop the website we are looking to transfer people’s attention there with regular updates and an e-mail newsletter.

We freely admit that the current website and order process is not up to standard yet, but this is being and will be improved. We have mentioned in posts elsewhere that the main delay with website updates is finding a payment gateway to allow us to offer the layaway payments, in the US this isn’t a problem, but in the UK they seem to have a problem with the method of pre-order and receiving product a number of months later. We need to have the gateway sorted out before building the final back end. As an example of the problems we are dealing with, Worldpay said we would have a reply within 3 weeks from applying, yet after 3 months of answering questions and giving them the ins and outs of our entire business model, they decided to decline for the moment. We are however still discussing with them. As a business though, we cannot simply put a hold on everything until the new website is finished, so we have to proceed in the best way possible at this point in time.

We apologise for delays in answering e-mails, delayed product releases and a less than favourable buying experience, but we are doing everything humanly possible to get better, we are and will continue to improve. It has been pointed out here, that it is the nature of 1:6 scale collectors to easily criticise and condemn a figure on the basis of a couple of badly lit and poorly shot images. Unfortunately this is true, but rest assured both the 10th and 4th Doctors are a massive improvement on our previous releases (of both 11 and Amy) and people should wait until they have seen the figure in hand, or consider the views of a number of people that have, before jumping to conclusions. The 10th Doctor Dynamix figure is finally here, Sherlock and Watson are in production and a number of products are in development including the 1st Doctor, another 11 and the Weeping Angel. We are looking forward to an exciting year ahead and will continue to do everything we can to improve in all aspects of the business for 2014. All we ask is a little patience and consideration that we are not a long established company such as Hot Toys or Sideshow and work with only a fraction of the staff that they probably have for customer service alone.

Also, 10 and 4 left the factory on Saturday and were booked on to a flight for today. The figures will be with us next week and everyone plus extra help from family and friends will be sending out figures in time for Christmas......the BIG Chief elves will be hard at work.....as always! :-)

Kind regards,

The BIG Chief Team
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 9:57 am

Got an e-mail late yesterday from Big Chief with detailed instructions to add the shipping charges. So now I'm paid in full done by the original "cut off" date (even though it was extended).

Not that it will be a deal breaker (after all, they now have my money, so what can I do?), but hopefully my Tom will arrive by Christmas.

I just hope it doesn't have any defects (casting, sewing, painting, etc.).

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Just paid my shipping cost as well. Did not realize it was not included in the balance payment. Wow this was a lot of cash to spend on a figure. $36.00 just to ship? It better be darn good! I am so broke right now, it hurts.Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:15 pm

I just paid mine off too!

Do my eyes deceive me? Does their site actually say international shipping to the US is only 1 day!?!
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:28 pm

It does seem to read that way, but surely we must be misunderstanding that.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Redfern wrote:

Sincerely,

Bill
LOL...maybe like Amazon they are experimenting with Drone delivery Smile
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Yeah, something's has to be off about that. LOL.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:16 pm

The Gene Lantern wrote:
Redfern wrote:

Sincerely,

Bill
LOL...maybe like Amazon they are experimenting with Drone delivery Smile
Arghh, I'm a bit nervous about the possibility that the delivery of my items will be delayed due to a stiff wind!

Seriously though, I wonder what the actual time is. 1 week?? 1 month?
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 5:30 pm

My guess is it will be in the US in one day, but will take longer depending on where you live. Being on the west coast, I'll be floored if it arrives in one day.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Someone explained it to me is taking one day to get from the UK the US.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:49 am

1 Day from UK to US makes more sense.

That's still very fast!  Hopefully whatever ground shipping is used stateside will keep up that pace.  I'm not sure how much of a delay there will be processing an import.

It's so exciting to know it's on its way finally!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 11:34 pm

Full review with lots of glorious pictures of the 4th Doctor: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_121113a.htm

Big Chief products - Page 13 Review_drwho_14
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:38 am

Great review and I agree with MC that this is a great figure - just a bit too expensive.

Still, I can't wait to get mine sometime next week.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Well it looks like BCS are true to their word on the fast shipping. I just received ship confirmation on both the 4th and 10th Doctors. Supposedly these will be in hand by tomorrow. Very exciting!   bounce
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Tremas wrote:
 Well it looks like BCS are true to their word on the fast shipping. I just received ship confirmation on both the 4th and 10th Doctors. Supposedly these will be in hand by tomorrow. Very exciting!   bounce

How did you receive confirmation Tremas? Was it via email or an account update or something else?
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:36 pm

I received a call from Fed-Ex to confirm my delivery address. It doesn't look like BCS is sending out ship confirmations. Hopefully those of us that ordered for the Christmas deadline will be pleasantly surprised to receive their orders in the next day or two.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Ah ok. Well that is good news. I had hoped they would send out trackers but I have been telling myself not to expect anything like that. lol
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Like myself, I'm sure we both wish we had been able to order these from Who NA...unfortunately this was not an option.

At the risk of complaining, BCS has a long way to go to provide the type of first rate service we've come to expect from companies like Who NA and Side Show.  Given the current limitations BCS seems to have in regards to being able to respond to all their customers promptly, I'm not expecting any sort of shipping update either. At the same time, BCS when the extra mile to work on getting the initial orders out quickly so hats off to them.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Big Chief products
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next