Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. Empty
PostSubject: Big Chief Sherlock Figures.   Big Chief Sherlock Figures. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:42 pm

I have been Sher-locked! Overall, I'm incredibly pleased with both figures. Over the moon, really. After waiting for so long for them, I'm happy to say that they did not disappoint. Here are some quick pics I took over lunch.

Sherlock: I think the paint on the heads is great. In person, it's SO different than what I've seen in most of the pics so far. On Sherlock, the texture and paint are subtle, but I think they look superb.

For the clothes, I did have to slightly redress him for everything to lay a bit better. I tucked in his shirt. I also just crossed the scarf over itself instead of tying it because it looked more natural to my eye. The coat is a wee bit thick, but Sherlock will hold poses with it on, and if you futz with it some, it lays naturally.

I actually did go ahead and order another body just in case this one didnt' work out. But after playing with the clothes, Sherlock doesn't look neckless as in some pics I'd seen. So I'm less inclined to change the body now. His ankles and legs are a bit loose. But since I always use stands to display my figures that's not too much of an issue.

Accessory-wise, these figures really shine. The paint on the production violin can't match the hand-painted proto, of course, but it's very nicely realized anyway. I might have gone for a wire instead of a string on the bow just to look a bit more scale, but it's not bad. The caebook is awesome! I love that you can actually open it up and it has pages! It's cool that he has some nice big pockets to put accessories in. The skull is great as well.

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. 14850585644_875e97451f_b

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. 14666419999_54003ce783_b

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. 14666420279_2603cf12bb_b

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. 14666420318_4b1188b64a_b

[QUOTE=thecapn;7054170]First pics that do the figure paintjob justice. Bravo! :clap[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I tried. Smile It really is hard to kind of capture, but it's so clear in person. It's just so subtle it's easy for stuff to get washed out.

Watson is pretty much perfect out of the box. The clothing is pretty much perfect and fits well.
Paint-wise, he's dead on. I think he looks like a little Martin Freeman. The expression is great. I love all of Watson's accessories. The laptop is really cool looking. The cup might be my favorite. I sort of wish he had a holster for a gun, but that's pretty minor and you can find that elsewhere. I'm glad they concentrated on more specific accessories.
Love the rubbery hands on these guys. It makes switching hands a snap, and they look much more natural in posing, too.
So, yeah, all in all... really, really pleased. Having them in hand, I think it's much more likely I'll order Moriarty now.

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. 14666516688_7f691da098_b

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. 14666448280_85b4a34320_c

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. 14830146786_9ed5cd745d_b

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. 14850678904_3119f32579_b

Big Chief Sherlock Figures. 14666447570_b79448a702_b
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief Sherlock Figures.   Big Chief Sherlock Figures. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Wow...those seriously look to be Hot Toys quality....superb!

Congrats on the cool additions, Jon!!!!
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief Sherlock Figures.   Big Chief Sherlock Figures. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Nice pics. Are Watson's shoulders supposed to be so glossy?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief Sherlock Figures.   Big Chief Sherlock Figures. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks guys!

The shoulders on the actual jacket for Watson are actually pretty glossy, but material used to replicate it here is perhaps a TAD too glossy. Not enough for me to be bothered by it, but it is perhaps a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief Sherlock Figures.   Big Chief Sherlock Figures. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:37 pm

I bet a bit of plumbers puddy would take the shine down.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief Sherlock Figures.   Big Chief Sherlock Figures. EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 1:54 am

pixletwin wrote:
I bet a bit of plumbers puddy would take the shine down.

Interesting, I've never used that before. I might have to check that out.
Back to top Go down

Big Chief Sherlock Figures.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: