Who North America
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Silence Will Fall

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-10-05

Big Chief products - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:12 pm

pixletwin wrote:
Then PM him the info. Or you can be obstinate and rude. You seem to be shooting for the latter, so suit yourself.
I PMed him, I hope he can spread the word.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Well I wish I could say it was nice knowing for your brief time here. LOL
Back to top Go down
Silence Will Fall

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:17 pm

pixletwin wrote:
Well I wish I could say it was nice knowing for your brief time here. LOL
What's that supposed to mean. I was being nice and helpful.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:32 pm

It is a violation of the rules, and we do have the figures on order. We will be carrying them.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Silence Will Fall

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Who North America wrote:
It is a violation of the rules, and we do have the figures on order. We will be carrying them.
Ok, then to be safe and make sure I get one can I reserve one at the aforementioned price?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:48 pm

We just got off the phone with the US distributor; they are not in stock yet.

It is possible some companies imported them from the UK. If you feel so inclined to purchase from them, you may. UK pricing does not necessarily reflect US pricing.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks all,

Just for the record, I was really just asking a ballpark price so I can start saving some money for when 10 and 4 come out.

I certainly don't wish to deflect any business from WhoNA! They've always been excellent!
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:25 pm

*sits down in thread with bowl of popcorn. *
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Of course, the other possibility is that some US stores got their stock following a convention (like New York Toy Fair).

Frequently, UK companies will arrive at a convention, sell their product to pay for their booth, then unload any leftovers to other companies to retail through their stores or online. That is probably what happened here, as we were directed to one source for stock in the USA, and they have assured us it has not arrived in their hands.

There is, of course, nothing wrong with this practice, but it does end up with quite a few companies left out until stock arrives through the primary distributor.
Back to top Go down
Silence Will Fall

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Who North America wrote:
Of course, the other possibility is that some US stores got their stock following a convention (like New York Toy Fair).

Frequently, UK companies will arrive at a convention, sell their product to pay for their booth, then unload any leftovers to other companies to retail through their stores or online. That is probably what happened here, as we were directed to one source for stock in the USA, and they have assured us it has not arrived in their hands.

There is, of course, nothing wrong with this practice, but it does end up with quite a few companies left out until stock arrives through the primary distributor.
Yeah, it seems unfair to other retailers. Do you how many you ordered by chance?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:45 pm

We're away from the office for the weekend, so not off hand.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 am

Any word yet on when you're expecting these or where you'll be pricing them?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Good news! Just got our shipping notification from the US distributor - the 11th Doctor statue will be coming in next week.

Jany
Back to top Go down
Silence Will Fall

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Who North America wrote:
Good news! Just got our shipping notification from the US distributor - the 11th Doctor statue will be coming in next week.

Jany
Jany, can you please PM me with the price you'll be charging? Oh by the way, it isn't a statue. Surprised
Back to top Go down
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Any idea on price yet? When will they go up for sale? I don't want to miss out and sure they will sell quickly.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:47 pm

I sure wish that in the future WhoNA would do a preorder page for these higher-end items. I would also be interested to know if they were notified about how many pieces they have been allocated and what they are pricing them at.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Hoo
Doctor Hoo

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Already have mine well woth it and well made....a little pricey for what you get but I can promise You that I have fallen in love with it. joints are made to snap out instead of break off too..sturdy solid toy!
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:38 am

They went through Diamond for US distribution. That just about sums up all you could ever want to know.
Back to top Go down
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:28 am

Big Chief products - Page 5 Bang

PRICE! PRICE! PRICE! PRICE! PRICE!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:17 am

LastWho wrote:
Big Chief products - Page 5 Bang

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Silence Will Fall

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 am

davro wrote:
LastWho wrote:

I agree.

I agree as well. What's with the cute game about the price? Just tell people. It's probably one of the most expensive items they've carried, they need to reveal a price.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:35 am

It has always been our policy when dealing with certain suppliers not to take pre-orders for their items because we never know if we will get the exact number of what we ordered and also because we have to confirm our actual shipping price when the items come in. The suggested retail for this item is $199.99 - we will not charge above this price. Any lower? Won't know till the item comes in and we have calculated our cost.

Jany
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 am

On numerous occasions, Diamond has shipped a single comic in a box and charged us $10.00 shipping on an item that retails for under $4.

I'm sorry we cannot set prices, but based on Diamond's track record, we don't know any of our true costs until we see how they ship to us.

Keith
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 am

I understand now. It is a shame that BC couldn't have chosen you guys or someone more reliable than Diamond as the official distributor.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:57 am

If you frequent a comic store in your area, you should ask them what they think of Diamond, then share the horror stories on here Wink

Keith
Back to top Go down

Big Chief products
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next