jfh1970
Ronpur
DoctorOlly
Scary
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Rate S6E13: The Wedding of River Song
AMAZING!!
S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_lcap58%S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 23 ]
Above Average
S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 9 ]
Okay...
S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Below Average
S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
ATROCIOUS!!
S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:05 pm

All our previous questions are answered... I don't think there are any other new questions now. Other than 'Doctor Who?' but I don't want to know the answer to that.

I liked it. I voted 'okay.' It was better than 'The Big Bang,' that's for sure. I certainly enjoyed it... I just can't help but feel it wasn't as action packed as it had been hyped up to be. I think this episode was mainly to answer our questions... And it did that for sure! And I think that is why I like it despite it being a bit action-less.

So... Not too sure how I feel about this episode. Nice to have these questions answered... But not as exciting as I hoped it to be. I'm giving it a 6/10. It was good but not as good as I hoped it to be.

Maybe I need to rewatch it to like it a bit more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Not bad. Not great, either. Better than most Moffat stories though. Probably the one I enjoyed the most/hated the least since The Eleventh Hour.

One moment stood out for me - the death of the Brigadier. Got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye when that happened. A nice touch to acknowledge the death of the character.

Thought it strange the Doctor went through all that trouble to find Dorian, then remind him he has a time machine. Made me think, why did he not just go back in time to a point where Dorian was easier to locate?

When the Doctor/Soothsayer was talking to Churchill in the Senate, where did he get the pen to write on his arms?

The ending was good - other than that rubbish about Doctor Who being the oldest question in the universe. I loved the part with The Doctor saying he needs to be less noticed or something like that. I've been thinking the same thing for a few years now.

I rated it "okay" - which I'd also give the entire season. Enjoyed it much more than last year. I hope the improvement continues next year.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:47 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
So, who thinks everything left at the end about Eleven's fall (and we're even told where it is) is referring to his eventual regeneration?

The fall of the eleventh

Definitely about smith.

LOVED THIS EPISODE. So many heres and theres and OMG so glad i got to see it early. I am so glad steven didn't take the cheap way out and throw in a flesh.

Amy was sexy as always.

I have more respect for Rory then i did before.

Silence must still fall.

And oh yeah Doctor WHO?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:06 pm

The script to screen short, as shown on confidential:

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:16 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
The script to screen short, as shown on confidential:

Ah that was nice. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:52 pm

AWESOME!!
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

One thing that really peaked my interest was when The Doctor commented that he became too loud and wanted to fall back into the shadows. I hope this sets the tone for Series 7. I love Matt Smith as The Doctor, but I want to see a little less grandstanding and a little more subtlety. Not necessarily in his antics, but more in the approach to the stories and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:37 pm

so, how soon until I can use an avatar from this episode...I'm thinking after the episode airs here it's safe enough.....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Grandstanding does require a bigger budget I am sure. But being in the shadows can help with the budget reduction on the BBC too.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:47 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
so, how soon until I can use an avatar from this episode...I'm thinking after the episode airs here it's safe enough.....

Yup, otherwise it's one's own fault for not keeping up. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Grandstanding does require a bigger budget I am sure. But being in the shadows can help with the budget reduction on the BBC too.

whatthehell.jpeg

What does that have to do with the episode?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:59 pm

I am refering to next season, maybe we will have more standalone, and intimate stories.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Rocco wrote:
Whoosier Whovian wrote:

whatthehell.jpeg

I thought it was kind of a clever thing to say...no need to be harsh...
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:02 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Whoosier Whovian wrote:

whatthehell.jpeg

I thought it was kind of a clever thing to say...no need to be harsh...

i wasn't being harsh it was a legitimate question Razz
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:40 pm

WOW!! There is one thing about this episode that hit me, and those who know me must know what that was. But first....

Duh, the question hidden in plain site since day one of the series...DOCTOR WHO? Absolutely brilliant. Because, if that question is ever answer,the show is over. So,now,back to the shadows, dropping in, fixing things and leaving before anyone can say thanks. The classic Doctor, no longer a God. This could be a game changer for the series. the emotional scene on the pyramid was so tense, I though anything could happen. And using the robot.....look into my eye, River. Very cleaver. And the Charles Dickens, great cameo!!

And the mention of the Brigadier dying. I stopped the episode because I started crying. That was a fantastic simple tribute to the character so loved and brought to life by Nicholas Courtney. Everyday, putting out a drink for the Doctor,just in case he came. Perfect for both. Thank you, Steven Moffat for a fantastic tribute. (And a darn fine finally)
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:06 pm

The question will be asked at the fall of the eleventh.

So i hope its not the end of the series because it seems like before Matt regenerates we will have the answer!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Time has never laid a glove on me......then, the news.

Time has won. Death has taken the Doctor's best friend.

The only thing that would have made this tribute better would have been if he taken out the Brigadier's envelope and set it on the console.

And from that point on, the Doctor decided to go out fighting. The news wasn't just a tribute,it was a turning point for the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Question...Who is Brigadier? Sorry I haven't watched much oldwho
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Ronpur wrote:
The only thing that would have made this tribute better would have been if he taken out the Brigadier's envelope and set it on the console.
I thought that's what he was doing when he pulled the envelopes out right afterwards. Still, an awesome moment!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:17 pm

rdks wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
I thought that's what he was doing when he pulled the envelopes out right afterwards. Still, an awesome moment!

I didn't notice that! I'll have to go back and look, makes it even better!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Rocco wrote:

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Rocco wrote:

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Shocked

That helps thanks Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Rocco wrote:

Ah, who is the Brigadier.

Short answer, the Doctor's best friend.
He founded UNIT, all the way back during the second Doctor's years. During the years the 3rd Doctor spent on Earth in exile, he worked for UNIT,and the "family" he had with the Brig, Jo Grant, Liz Shaw, Sgt Benton, Captain Yates and finally Sarah Jane was amazing. Doctors 4, 5 and 7 all met up with the Brigadier.

And Nicholas Courtney, the great man who brought the Brigadier to life passed away in early Spring. He was a great fan to all of Doctor Who fans,never once turning anyone away, always eager to talk to them and actually get to know them, because he loved them, maybe more than we loved him. Nicholas Courtney was the Brigadier, and he loved that character. And we loved them both.

Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:46 pm

Wow... just after last week's episode, which I really, really, really enjoyed, I get this -- easily the most disappointing nuWho series finale for me and one of my least liked episodes from the Moffat era. Atrocious, if only because it felt like a complete waste to me (Brigadier RIP notwithstanding).
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E13: The Wedding of River Song   S6E13: The Wedding of River Song - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Rocco wrote:

Ah, who is the Brigadier.

Short answer, the Doctor's best friend.
He founded UNIT, all the way back during the second Doctor's years. During the years the 3rd Doctor spent on Earth in exile, he worked for UNIT,and the "family" he had with the Brig, Jo Grant, Liz Shaw, Sgt Benton, Captain Yates and finally Sarah Jane was amazing. Doctors 4, 5 and 7 all met up with the Brigadier.

And Nicholas Courtney, the great man who brought the Brigadier to life passed away in early Spring. He was a great fan to all of Doctor Who fans,never once turning anyone away, always eager to talk to them and actually get to know them, because he loved them, maybe more than we loved him. Nicholas Courtney was the Brigadier, and he loved that character. And we loved them both.

Thank You Ronpur.

Back to top Go down

S6E13: The Wedding of River Song
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next