21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 am

The way I look at it is this-

If someone is watching a show on a regular basis, but you hardly ever hear them say anything positive about it ... to wonder why they are watching the show to me is a valid point.

I loved the first two series of Nu Who. There were some negatives, but a ton of positives. However, series 3 was a different story. I had a lot of complaints. Some were new developments, some were past negatives that seemed like they were getting worse. These were not transitory issues as just not liking a particular ep plot or guest character. They were part of the series core and wouldn't be going away.

So after three eps, I stopped watching. Series 4 starts, and I tune back in to see if it will be more of the same, or maybe some of the issues I had with it would be gone, or at least not as prevalent. I found that to be the case... I was about half and half. Yes, there was some stuff still going on that I didn't like, but there were enough positives for me to keep watching.

Another example- the Moffat era- many people here do not like the switch to arc based seasons, the Amy centric focus, etc. These are his core concepts for the show, and until he does a 180 on his arc approach and Amy leaves... they aren't going to change.

If someone hates the Moffat stuff, but also brings up some positives- maybe liking particular actors or characters, or enjoying a particular ep's main story and tuning in each week hoping to get another good one- I don't have to wonder why they are sticking with it even though they have a lot of complaints.

But if someone saw me continuing to watch series 3 and I was posting nothing but my ire at RTD, Martha, etc every single week and wasn't mentioning anything I found worthwhile at all, I wouldn't be surprised if people asked me why I was still watching.

Last edited by Cruel Angel on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:59 am

Oh come on now Fluff, play nice!

I love reading your posts. They do make me laugh. As a Psychiatric Nurse, I find them to be absolutely fascinating.

I merely found the 1 name that would be at the polar opposite to yours & your online persona. Strange to you take such umbrage to it?!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:16 am

workstinx wrote:
Oh come on now Fluff, play nice!

I love reading your posts. They do make me laugh. As a Psychiatric Nurse, I find them to be absolutely fascinating.

I merely found the 1 name that would be at the polar opposite to yours & your online persona. Strange to you take such umbrage to it?!

I take umbrage to anything but TIMEWARRIOR!

I will accept MY LORD TIMEWARRIOR
and

SIR TIMEWARRIOR

even

MR. TIMEWARRIOR

and from the ladies I can accept OH MY GOD TIMEWARRIOR!

But as an official representative of the balloon doggies, I cannot in good faith accept Fluffy. The Balloon doggies do not approve. Now I didn't ask to be a representative of the balloon doggies, but they demanded it! And I simply cannot let their faith in me be tainted by these cat references. . .what are you trying to do. . .start a war?!!!!

Last edited by timewarrior on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:24 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
The way I look at it is this-

If someone is watching a show on a regular basis, but you hardly ever hear them say anything positive about it ... to wonder why they are watching the show to me is a valid point.

I loved the first two series of Nu Who. There were some negatives, but a ton of positives. However, series 3 was a different story. I had a lot of complaints. Some were new developments, some were past negatives that seemed like they were getting worse. These were not transitory issues as just not liking a particular ep plot or guest character. They were part of the series core and wouldn't be going away.

So after three eps, I stopped watching. Series 4 starts, and I tune back in to see if it will be more of the same, or maybe some of the issues I had with it would be gone, or at least not as prevalent. I found that to be the case... I was about half and half. Yes, there was some stuff still going on that I didn't like, but there were enough positives for me to keep watching.

Another example- the Moffat era- many people here do not like the switch to arc based seasons, the Amy centric focus, etc. These are his core concepts for the show, and until he does a 180 on his arc approach and Amy leaves... they aren't going to change.

If someone hates the Moffat stuff, but also brings up some positives- maybe liking particular actors or characters, or enjoying a particular ep's main story and tuning in each week hoping to get another good one- I don't have to wonder why they are sticking with it even though they have a lot of complaints.

But if someone saw me continuing to watch series 3 and I was posting nothing but my ire at RTD, Martha, etc every single week and wasn't mentioning anything I found worthwhile at all, I wouldn't be surprised if people asked me why I was still watching.

The way I see it, SOME people can't see the forest for the trees or the post for the humor. . .if such is the case. . .perhaps they better get out of the kitchen. . .er. .. forum. . .

Or better yet. . .you could do option D in the Doctor Stanislov's three part assessment of dealing with strife in your life. . .and that is to IGNORE the rantings and ravings of stupid, inconsequential people who have nothing better to do than post insane dribble on a forum. . .I personally don't follow this advice. . .mainly because the other voices in my head have voted against it and in THIS democracy (unlike some other nameless ones who will soon be going to utter pot because of a complete nutzoid party obsessed with a rather inconsequential beverage drink). . .the majority rules. . . .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:33 am

In that case, I'll call you Rex!

That is my final offer!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:35 am

workstinx wrote:
In that case, I'll call you Rex!

That is my final offer!! Very Happy

I suppose the balloon doggies approve, but I personally do not. . .but no worries. . .I will just make sure to torture you extra slow when I take over the world next year. . .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 am

Will there be any party nibbles provides or should I bring Doritos? (other snacks are available)
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:39 am

workstinx wrote:
Will there be any party nibbles provides or should I bring Doritos? (other snacks are available)

Sorry, the only snack foods allowed will be brussel sprouts and liver.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:42 am

In that case, I'll bring some pegs for my nose & a sachet of salt for seasoning.

Job done!

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:59 am

Heh. Rex Warrior. Like Rex Racer, but different Razz
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Heh. Rex Warrior. Like Rex Racer, but different Razz

I prefer TIMEwarrior thank you.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Timewarrior Rex.......Leader and Lord of the Timewarriors!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Timewarrior Rex.......Leader and Lord of the Timewarriors!

Master of the Universe?

King of the Impossible?

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Wes Crayon wrote:
Guvnagrover wrote:
Eh...whatever, I've enjoyed both eps so far and will continue watching.
Nobody said you can't or shouldn't...

Wasn't claiming that anyone was saying I can't or shouldn't. If people don't like the series so far, that's fine, no problem - my comment wasn't meant to offend, so I apologize if I did...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Chill guys! It's just a TV show!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:52 pm

everybody take a chill pill.

on a different topic, i want to talk about how well the supporting cast is being used. each week bill pullman stuns me with his brilliance. wayne knight has also surprised me. usually he's all goofy, but he played his part very subdued.

this show is using supporting cast in different ways than we've seen them before. i hope it continues. i know john delancie is supposed to be on at some point, can't wait to see what he brings to the table.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Just noticed that Torchwood: Miracle Day is playing on Dish network's channel 355 SBLCK now and will repeat again at 11 pm (July 19).

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:08 am

jaredofmo wrote:

Blasphemer! That's like saying President Harrison Ford didn't kick those hijacker's behinds when they took over Air Force One! Everyone knows that that was the most patriotic thing one of our presidents have ever done!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:48 am

timewarrior wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Blasphemer! That's like saying President Harrison Ford didn't kick those hijacker's behinds when they took over Air Force One! Everyone knows that that was the most patriotic thing one of our presidents have ever done!
Much as I bow to you, Timewarrior, I will blaspheme Torchwood. But that's really the extent of what I'd do.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:55 am

timewarrior wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

"They're not ALL 'historical documents'. Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a --"

"Those poor people."
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:27 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
timewarrior wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

"They're not ALL 'historical documents'. Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a --"

"Those poor people."

They were poor only in the sense that the only heterosexual man on the island was married and old. . .I mean it is the ONLY explanation as to why. . .that. . .didn't happen. . .
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:30 am

Yay.. another Torchwood night is here cheers
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Yay.. another Torchwood night is here cheers

Bought darn time!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:20 pm

for a discussion on the first episode...

www.tardisinterruptus.com

Just point, click, and listen! Easy Peasy!

Be sure to check out prior segments, if you like...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Got on a roll studying... haven't seen Dead of Night yet. Gonna catch the Sun night showing.
Back to top Go down

Torchwood: Miracle Day
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next