21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:53 am

My Dad is in his 70's, and he loves the Torchwood. Even if Jack rubs his "Gay" all over the production, I have heard not one complaint from him. To quote Todd Bertuzzi: "It is what it is". Get used to it, or change the ruddy channel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:17 am

"Ghostbuster" Ernie Hudson!

I never heard he was going to be in the show. Great to see him.

Fun episode. Intriguing opening (the Shanghai bit) and great cliffhanger, with some tension in between. Loved the camp director and his lackey. They were so nervous it had me laughing.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 3:17 am

Was good to see the director get his and army flunky finally take a stand.

Too bad Rex himself or one else thought of getting Rex a cell phone with the camcorder so there would be a way to communicate with the Doc or Ester should the need arise.

Nice to see Ester finally kick a little ass. Give her a couple of months with Gwen and she'll be good to go.

Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:32 am

Another amazing episode.

Its finally all coming to fruition. Jack has something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: OH HECK YEAH!!!!   Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:21 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
Was good to see the director get his and army flunky finally take a stand.

Too bad Rex himself or one else thought of getting Rex a cell phone with the camcorder so there would be a way to communicate with the Doc or Ester should the need arise.

Nice to see Ester finally kick a little ass. Give her a couple of months with Gwen and she'll be good to go.

Too right on that! Now they can burn that loser director. . .though if that army flunky had done his job in the first place, Vera would still be alive. . .still she has been avenged. . .though I will miss her cute @$$. . .

Spot on about the cell phone, though I suppose it might be tricky getting both the camera and cell phone to him. . .it was mostly a plot point. . .a bad one. . .but it allowed the whole supense to drag out throughout the entire episode I suppose. . .

Ditto on Ester. . .never though she had it in her. . .had me saying a few holy $h*t$ out loud. . .Never thought I could be more turned on in that moment, but then they gave us Gwen, on a motor bike. . .with plastic explosives. . .oh snap! Between that scene and the one from the first episode with her and the rocket launcher. . .I think I'm going to have a heart attack! Sweet!

Rocco wrote:
Another amazing episode.

Yup, though it was more than obvious from the very moment we find out that Jack's mortal. I'm mean come on. . .just think about it. . .in order to make one man mortal, the entire human population had to become immortal. . .someone, somehow, has managed to dispell jack's immortality out. .. and it must have latched onto the next viable subjects, the human race. . .

Now what remains to be seen is how does this all play into next week? Who is that mysterious man we see in Jack's past? How does Oswald Danes fit into all this? is he just a red herring? I didn't think so at first, but then after tonight and the previews for next week. . .I'm beginning to wonder. . .

Dear lord. . .who did Jack piss off? Hasn't he suffered enough? Then again. . .
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:12 am

timewarrior wrote:

Rocco wrote:
Another amazing episode.

Yup, though it was more than obvious from the very moment we find out that Jack's mortal. I'm mean come on. . .just think about it. . .in order to make one man mortal, the entire human population had to become immortal. . .someone, somehow, has managed to dispell jack's immortality out. .. and it must have latched onto the next viable subjects, the human race. . .

Now what remains to be seen is how does this all play into next week? Who is that mysterious man we see in Jack's past? How does Oswald Danes fit into all this? is he just a red herring? I didn't think so at first, but then after tonight and the previews for next week. . .I'm beginning to wonder. . .

Dear lord. . .who did Jack piss off? Hasn't he suffered enough? Then again. . .

Yeah its been obvious hes involved. They finally admitted it though on screen. Wouldn't it be something if we found it, the entire miracle was just an attempt to kill him?
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:12 pm

timewarrior wrote:
workstinx wrote:
Will there be any party nibbles provides or should I bring Doritos? (other snacks are available)

Sorry, the only snack foods allowed will be brussel sprouts and liver.
I am so there, they are my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:39 pm

neonlogo wrote:
So, in England (of all places) there have been complaints of too much "Gay" in TORCHWOOD:MD. Too much "Gay"? I do not see this new TORCHWOOD as being more "Gay" than the old one. Sure, we saw some bare man-on-man bum, and I think I saw some lady side-boob, which was a bit more than the old TW... But I seem to remeber a whole bunch of "Gay" in the old series. Have peoples' sensibilities gone back in time? Do they not remember who Captain Jack is?! Too much "gay"?! So, would it be better if, after X number of years, Jack has "learned" himself straight, and he's now a "normal" hetero man wanting to have it off with all the babes?! Holy crap man, get a grip! The day I complain that Captain Jack is "Too Gay", is the day I burn my DWFCA membership card. I can't even think about how you would start that letter?

Dear BBC

I am concerned with the level of "Gay" which is being portrayed by, one John Barr...
Some episodes have been trimmed, America saw more bottoms than England.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:20 pm

so, i want to throw out a thought here. see if anyone agrees with me. the first episode, where esther was looking up "torchwood", she mentioned the files on the "456" (children of earth).

when gwen got her phonecall at the airport, all the voice would say (in a wierd way, btw) was lenses. after that, "they" contacted her.

anyone else think the "456" might be behind all this? think about it. in children of earth, jack defeated them. they want revenge, not only on him, but on the entire human race for not giving them their "fix".

i think it would be interesting if they actually brought back an old villain, instead of setting up a new one (something they haven't done since season 2).
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

i think it would be interesting if they actually brought back an old villain, instead of setting up a new one (something they haven't done since season 2).

I really would prefer it that way.

However, I just get the impression that they won't, especially if it is the 456. If it was them, or someone else from TW history, I would think they would have made an attempt (since they haven't at all) to show or allude to some of the back story.

Think about it from the perspective of new viewers (which is how I think they geared it). All they know is Torchwood was some sort of UK organization, and for some unknown reason, the UK is trying to hunt them down. Nothing at all about the direct events in CoE, nor the aftermath.

They have had at least a couple of opportunities to fill in that back story, when Ester and Rex have brought up Torchwood around Jack and Gwen, but nothing.

Bringing in something from the series past would be great for the long time viewers, but with no set up at all, it would have little impact with the newbies.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:52 am

No body looks sexier blowing crap up then Gwen!!

But I just knew her child would be a problem sometime in the series.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:05 pm

So am i the only one that thinks the whole reason for the miracle was to kill jack?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:07 pm

Ronpur wrote:
No body looks sexier blowing crap up then Gwen!!

That shot reminded me of Dark Angel.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Rocco wrote:
So am i the only one that thinks the whole reason for the miracle was to kill jack?

No, you are not, I think several of us are getting that idea.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:32 pm

actually, i think that is too simple. they wouldn't warehouse drugs, and manipulate the populace (through that religious girl first, and now oswald) to just kill jack. i think it was a two-fold plan. get revenge on humanity (for some reason hopefully we will find out), and to kill jack. if grey was a part of this, i would have a happy heart attack (the master to jack's doctor).
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:36 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
actually, i think that is too simple. they wouldn't warehouse drugs, and manipulate the populace (through that religious girl first, and now oswald) to just kill jack. i think it was a two-fold plan. get revenge on humanity (for some reason hopefully we will find out), and to kill jack. if grey was a part of this, i would have a happy heart attack (the master to jack's doctor).

Now Grey would definitely be interesting...

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Oh, Grey. That would be unreal!!

As would the 456.

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:48 am

Didn't enjoy this episode so much... way too much talking. Some of it interesting, some not. The backstory dragged at times and I couldn't really get into it.

Yay for the mention of The Doctor! Surprised to see Nana Visitor as well. Seems every week now there's a guest star I recognize but didn't know they were in it.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:16 pm

rdks wrote:
Didn't enjoy this episode so much... way too much talking. Some of it interesting, some not. The backstory dragged at times and I couldn't really get into it.

Yay for the mention of The Doctor! Surprised to see Nana Visitor as well. Seems every week now there's a guest star I recognize but didn't know they were in it.

I agree on the backstory/ drag part.

They should have tried to break that up into smaller flashbacks, and worked them across the previous episodes. Doing it this way, not only did you clutter up a big part of one episode with all that back story, it also ruined the 'reveal'. Bringing in a character that we have never heard of in all this time, and in flashback- gee, let me guess. Angelo is going to be the one from Jack's past that is behind all of this. No surprise at the end of the episode. (Except seeing Nana cheers )

The other reason I thought it brought down the effectiveness of the episode- it really took time away from the Gwen/ family hostage plot. That for me had way more dramatic and story potential. After seeing how the 'candid' conversation was playing out, I was liking it. Here you had Jack previously trying to latch onto Gwen as his one constant in his life left, and now for the first time it looks like they are going to be in direct opposition to each other. I was looking forward to a couple of escape attempts and seeing them trying to outwit each other, who knows what would happen in a final confrontation, and wondering if this could be setting up for the event that finally gets Gwen to leave Torchwood for good.

But nope... barely anything done. Too much time spent on the Angelo setup. And after that discussion in the vehicle, bam... now we jump to the meetup point. Nothing. Just a little conversation about the scenery and life. Besides Nana cheers the only element I liked was the reveal of Rex and Ester on the scene.

To me, the hostage plot should have been the A story, Angelo the B... and since B was going to be important to the overall series plot, they should have started the B setup way earlier on instead of waiting and cramming it all into one episode.

CoE had less episodes to work with, but they handled Jack's previous involvement with the 456 perfectly. They showed bits of the event from the get-go, then started to tie it in with the people being involved, then the kid who got away, all working up to - hey, guess what, Jack was part of giving the 456 their initial fix, and because that event happened, that led to the entire main plot that is happening now.

I'm hoping there will still be some sort of twist or surprise as to how Angelo pulled off his miracle, but now I am thinking this might be all there is. Kind of a letdown if it is.

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
They should have tried to break that up into smaller flashbacks, and worked them across the previous episodes. Doing it this way, not only did you clutter up a big part of one episode with all that back story, it also ruined the 'reveal'. Bringing in a character that we have never heard of in all this time, and in flashback- gee, let me guess. Angelo is going to be the one from Jack's past that is behind all of this. No surprise at the end of the episode.
That would have been much better!

Rocco wrote:
Anyone remember the part with the parasite and Jack saying the people who want it aren't human? Then when the 3 men made the deal for Jack, they made the triangle handshake thing. I think their going to be connected and in the end be the ones behind all this.
I forgot about those 3! Hopefully they're Zygons or something... because Angelo is just disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:50 pm

The triangle has been seen a lot, so the three men must be linked. I loved the Doctor reference, as well as The Trickster!! (Who and SJA!!!)

I think the Angelo flashback did ruin the shock at the end. Too bad they didn't use Grey,that would have been a shock.

Having said that, this is the first episode since 1 that has really riveted my attention, go figure!!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:55 pm

I agree, Ronpur. I think the more personal story with Jack was a big improvement here. However, I don't think we'll get much more of it...
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Riveted as well! Loved it! Absolutely loved it! Bout darn time they focused on just Gwen and Jack for a bit. . .and I love pre season 1 jack stories! also good to see how ester and rex proved their worth at the end by figuring out what was wrong and saving the day. And the hints about what this whole thing is about. . .the betrayal. . .the three men. . .the vial of blood. . .this can only get better. . .still. . .there is a lot to wrap up in just 3 episodes. . .

1. how does Oswald danes fit in all this. . .another episode that didn't feature him, but he was mentioned at least. What's his game? Is Jack right about him? Will Jack even mention his grandson in this series? He's strongly hinted at it in his conversations with Oswald. . .but nothing quite so direct. . .
2. Who are the three men? How was the miracle done and why? Was it really all just to kill Jack? How did the Torchwood email at the beginning of the series fit in?
3. Are they going to show Oswald Dane's murder victim's mother again? I thought for sure she'd try to take him out after he didn't die?
4. Who will live and who will die? As much as I like him, I don't think Rex is going to be on the next series. . .he's just been through too much and it seem every darn time he starts to heal, some jack hole manages to stick a pen in his wound. I also don't think Gwen's father is going to survive at this rate. . .no mention of him in this episode. . .
5. Who was trying to take out Gwen at the beginning of the series? Are we to assume that it was the miracle day people?

Well, here's to the next episode. . .and I sincerely hope that Russel T Davies doesn't kill off EVERYBODY this time. . .I mean I like Ester and Rex, I liked Vera too, but darn it, we need more Torchwood team members to live for a few seasons so they'll make action figures we can collect. I know REx is pretty much done for. . .but I hope Ester is around for a second round. . .sigh. . .
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 pm

As far as who was after Gwen... I'm pretty sure it was still the UK government trying to lock down anyone that knew about its role in the 456. I think they were on the run from them all this time.

No, I don't think Rex makes it. I'd love to see Ester join up... assuming we get more Torchwood that is. It seems so hypocritical that here Starz picks up TW, but then turns around and says 'we never envisioned TW being a yearly returning series' and also that if RTD will not return, then that would affect their decision as well (which I think is junk... RTD is NOT the franchise). Now you get their 300 million dollar deal with the BBC to develop original programming... TW is all set up for it, but all you hear from Starz is non-committal to TW.

Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Miracle Day    Torchwood: Miracle Day  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
As far as who was after Gwen... I'm pretty sure it was still the UK government trying to lock down anyone that knew about its role in the 456. I think they were on the run from them all this time.

No, I don't think Rex makes it. I'd love to see Ester join up... assuming we get more Torchwood that is. It seems so hypocritical that here Starz picks up TW, but then turns around and says 'we never envisioned TW being a yearly returning series' and also that if RTD will not return, then that would affect their decision as well (which I think is junk... RTD is NOT the franchise). Now you get their 300 million dollar deal with the BBC to develop original programming... TW is all set up for it, but all you hear from Starz is non-committal to TW.

Yeah Rex is screwed. . .I also think Esther has a thing for Rex. . .Also, what did that guy in china see?

Yeah, Starz is being a punk on the renewal. . .I say more! Another season of individual stories, where noone dies and you introduce some old and new stuff! Bring back the KING OF THE WEAVILS!!!
Back to top Go down

Torchwood: Miracle Day
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next