gregtdj
9 posters
AuthorMessage
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 1:04 am

This may have gotten lost in the shuffle of the SciFi thread, and since we have a place set aside for spin-offs, I'm posting it here. This is taken from the Anglophenia blog on BBCAmerica's site so all commentary is THAT writer's...
SEASON 2 BEGINS!!!
Quote :

Next weekend is Torchwood's season finale, but if you think you'll have to wait months for Season Two, you're so, so wrong. You may have heard this on other blogs and in the news, but allow me to confirm it for you. Season Two will premiere

Saturday, January 26, 2008!!!

So you folks getting your T-wood fix through illegal means can save your hard drive space and keep your criminal records as spotless as Ianto's creamy Welsh bum.

I'm excited as well: I didn't know if I could make it through a cold, gray winter without a fresh dose of John Barrowman's sensuous baby blues. And no, his video for "All Out of Love" just won't do.

BBCA has pulled off what SciFi Channel couldn't, they will be airing the season as it airs on BBC 2!! Now if you'll excuse me, I've some kerosene that needs pouring in my mind's eye to get the unwanted visuals out.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 9:57 am

Alright, latest news bits and something special. First part comes from a press release on the show.

Quote :
The second series of Torchwood, the award-winning drama created by Doctor Who writer Russell T Davies, premières on BBC Two. This time it's bigger and bolder, with more fun, adventure and excitement for the alien-fighting team.

John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness, Eve Myles as Gwen, Burn Gorman as Owen, Naoko Mori as Toshiko and Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto return as the investigators delving into the alien underworld of modern-day Cardiff.

In the first episode of the series, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, by co-producer and lead writer Chris Chibnall, Captain Jack is reunited with the Torchwood team as they face a rogue Time Agent. The mysterious Captain John Hart, played by James Marsters (Buffy The Vampire Slayer), is determined to wreak havoc, and needs to find something hidden on Earth. But with Gwen's life in danger, and cluster bombs scattered across the city, whose side is Jack on?

During the 13-part series, Torchwood's investigations into alien activity give the team glimpses of the 51st century and the First World War. In future episodes they encounter alien sleeper cells; save a stranded creature from human exploitation; meet a tragic soldier from the First World War; and encounter a memory thief who exposes long-forgotten secrets among the entire team.

Later in the run, Alan Dale (Ugly Betty, The O.C.) makes a star appearance. Another familiar face among the special guest stars is Doctor Who's companion Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman), who appears half way through the series. Richard Briers, Nerys Hughes and Ruth Jones (Gavin And Stacey) also appear in various roles.

There is a specially edited pre-watershed repeat of Torchwood on BBC Two later in the week.

Following on from that, Torchwood Declassified goes exclusively backstage to reveal the secrets behind some of the first episode's sensational stunt sequences and talks to John Barrowman, James Marsters and Russell T Davies.

Last bit is a link to Freema Agyeman.com. As many of you know we are unable to view the original Torchwood site due to rights reasons. Although that seems kind of silly since the show is airing on BBC America. They do have a minisite there, but no content like this. So what is this? A trailer for season 2. Apparently the third, but since they say it's the longest yet, I don't mind having missed the other two. Anyway, here's the link.

http://freemaagyeman.com/news/2008/01/02/torchwood-series-two-trailer-3/

Based on it's info, season 2 shows on BBCA will be running ten days behind the BBC 2 broadcasts.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 5:39 pm

the uk only have 6 more of torchwood s2 left.well mind you thats still 1 and a half mounths
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 8:41 pm

I'm pretty much caught up on these and nobody seems to be doing much rehashing. I love season 2! Okay the whole gotta kiss a man thing is going a little overboard with at least one per ep, but the character development is more enjoyable this season. I never really liked the Owen character in the 1st season, to distant maybe, but after the whole dead thing, I actually like his character and am wondering where his undeath will end. Jack is a little closer to being the captain, gwen and reese aren't being pushed to much, and tosheko seemed a little stronger and in her right place after Adam.

Of course the ep that was the best was the arrival of Martha right? Not really. I was actually a little let down with the use or non use of Martha. They did the token hit on the new girl thing, but featuring her in one ep and then moving her to an also there role for the next two didn't really work for me. It seemed like her only purpose there was to set up her back story when she returns to the TARDIS. That goal could have been accomplished with a better use of her character and a more prominent role as a world saver. All just opinion of course and hopefully we'll see more of her in TW, in the mean time, I'm looking forward to the remaining eps before the Doctor returns.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 9:02 pm

I would have to say that I think S2 is better than 1 so far. The stand alones have been very entertaining. Meat was great and bring Rhys into the know gives it realism. How long could anybody go on with the what did you do at work today? Oh, I could tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya. The guy/guy stuff really seems to be being used for shock rather than for any substance, course that my heterosexual view. I guess the other side might say the same for the opposite. que sera sera. Martha in the couple eps really seemed to be a cheap plug for DW. Only major complaint is that with Owen's dilemma if he is dead can't drowned so on and so forth. Drum role, how is he able to expel air to speak? They could easily explain it off with some alien tech being used as a voice box, and also some alien tech to mend his skin and bones for cryin' out loud the poor guys gonna fall apart!
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:34 pm

So if Owen's dead how will they keep him from eventually being fully dead? I've evidently found to much freetime because I've been turning it over in my mind as to what type of alien tech could come from the rift that would help. After thinking over everything on TW that we've seen I couldn't think of a thing, so then I thought about things Jack would know of and then three words occurred to me. No, not "Heart of TARDIS", but rather "Chula medical transport". If the chula nanogenes from "the doctor dances" in DW S1 made it through the rift they would be the ultimate deus ex machina to fix Owen.

Of course some would see it as a rehashed story on already seen alien tech, but what if the particles attracted more of the original ones and they cause a reset of the ones that know human anatomy and we see the rebuilding of an actual chula warrior this time, assembled from a human. We'd get to see Owen's problem solved and an alien we've only heard about makes an appearance. Of course I'm sure RTD has something else all worked out, just hope it's not a magic reset button that wipes out the year that was/is this season.
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 8:58 pm

LakeErieMonster wrote:
The guy/guy stuff really seems to be being used for shock rather than for any substance, course that my heterosexual view. I guess the other side might say the same for the opposite.
You mean that there's finally gay kissing on a prominent show that can be enjoyed by gay people considering the heterosexual kissing that's been on air for a long time? Smile

If there was any show that have done it as a shock/comedic factor, it would've been Stargate Atlantis with McKay and Doctor Becket.

Quote :
Martha in the couple eps really seemed to be a cheap plug for DW.
Yea, watching her really made me feel she didn't belong in the show.

Quote :
Only major complaint is that with Owen's dilemma if he is dead can't drowned so on and so forth. Drum role, how is he able to expel air to speak? They could easily explain it off with some alien tech being used as a voice box, and also some alien tech to mend his skin and bones for cryin' out loud the poor guys gonna fall apart!
Someone on another board I go to had said that it doesn't take much air to speak. So he can talk but he won't have enough to do CPR.
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Where is episode 13!?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
gregtdj
gregtdj

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 7:31 pm

They held it off until the weekend of Who's premier. It aired the friday night before, so that means a longer delay until it hits American AIRWAVES Wink.

With that said, having seen it, it was a really good ep, but I really was surprised by the ending, not thrilled at all, but definitely surprised.
Back to top Go down
ozjenny

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 9:38 pm

I cried and cried and cried. pale
Back to top Go down
timlord

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: torchwood finale   Torchwood Season 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:22 am

Yes i was surprised by the ending,but glad it leaves room for growth in series 3. i hated the owen storyline this season.him and tosh just seemed miserable and sullen most of the time and the show was getting depressing.gwenn kinda grew on me.she always seems clunky or something.well i watched 2 series still not that into it like bsg but its something on the tube! whats up with jack did he get a botox treatment?face has looked tight?
Back to top Go down
ozjenny

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 6:33 am

timlord wrote:
still not that into it like bsg but its something on the tube!

But wasn't it a brilliant weekend of TV? The Torchwood finale, then new Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who (and DW Confidential)! Yay!!! I was quite...slothful Laughing Laughing Laughing

And Starbuck? You got some explaining to do... :hitchhiker:
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 10:59 pm

Just finished watching the TW season finale...........wow....... Season 2 was phenomenal!!!! I thought all the characters really benefited from the fleshing out storylines, even though some ended up being all for nought.
Back to top Go down
Whofan
Whofan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 9:45 pm

I wonder if Reese will be one of the new torchwood staff for series 3?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:29 am

reace...a torchwood member....YOU CRACK ME UP! but it might happen,it would just be weird though.LOL!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:44 pm

Rhys could happen considering how decimated they are right now.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:27 pm

LakeErieMonster wrote:
Rhys could happen considering how decimated they are right now.

Ok, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this one is a personal pet peeve of mine. Decimate means to reduce by 1/10. I know common usage claims it's acceptable now, but Doctor Who fans have no excuse. (Last of the Time Lords anyone? Maybe it's a pet peeve of RTD too).

:master:
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Mine is adding words to anagrams (PIN number, ATM machine, ISBN number...).

You're right, decimal/decimate. Oy.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2008 11:12 pm

CJS-
Well I'm afraid, while maybe not giving it complete consideration at the time, I'll stand by my word choice. cheers

Definition
3a: To reduce drastically especially in number. b.to cause great destruction or harm to.(thanks Merriam-Webster) study

I think this aptly described what happened to the team.

my pet peeves, which can also be fun are politically correct terminology and euphemisms.

remember it's not a lie, but instead a categorical error. scratch
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Torchwood Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood Season 2   Torchwood Season 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 6:55 pm

How can anyone be upset by Pet Peeves?! Maybe not one of the great works of film, but certainly one of Tom and Jerry's better cartoon's...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Peeve_%28Tom_and_Jerry%29

What? Tom and Jerry is more than acceptable discussion fodder. After all, wouldn't Torchwood investigate such behavior from domestic animals, especially a talking dog? Fits right in with the discussion... although they usually destroyed more than 1/10th of the house. Well over 1/2 actually, so i guess they would have poly-decimated the house?
Back to top Go down

Torchwood Season 2
Page 1 of 1