bret_owen99
jfh1970
beep
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:36 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Quote :
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Oh my dear goodness ...my niece loves Being Human.  She's been watching the BBC America edited version (I've already seen the uncut UK series 1 & 2--brilliant!).  Shorter: I'm gonna see a way too long Christmas list from her this year.  At least it'll give me options and keep her guessing, I suppose.

Sorry to continue off-topic in this abandoned thread, but the BBCA version is EDITED??????????!!!!! How badly??!! I didn't watch the BBCA versions, but the UK versions, yet why on earth would they edit it on BBCA??!!

Swearing, some ... intimate scenes cut short, blurred middle fingers and bums, altered music, and for repeats, edited to fit in a 1 hour time slot with commercials.

Ugghh why must they censor them? I'm wondering how they censored a particular scene in series 2 where there was nothing BUT swearing . . .
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Quote :
jaredofmo wrote:
Quote :
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Oh my dear goodness ...my niece loves Being Human.  She's been watching the BBC America edited version (I've already seen the uncut UK series 1 & 2--brilliant!).  Shorter: I'm gonna see a way too long Christmas list from her this year.  At least it'll give me options and keep her guessing, I suppose.

Sorry to continue off-topic in this abandoned thread, but the BBCA version is EDITED??????????!!!!! How badly??!! I didn't watch the BBCA versions, but the UK versions, yet why on earth would they edit it on BBCA??!!

Swearing, some ... intimate scenes cut short, blurred middle fingers and bums, altered music, and for repeats, edited to fit in a 1 hour time slot with commercials.

Ugghh why must they censor them? I'm wondering how they censored a particular scene in series 2 where there was nothing BUT swearing . . .

To stay on the good side of the FCC...

At least they gave us the complete versions on iTunes and DVD! (Although, I imported mine, so I have Series 1 AND 2...)
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Quote :
neogeoMk2 wrote:

They edit Who & Torchwood as well.  Who for time, Torchwood for content & time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:06 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Quote :
neogeoMk2 wrote:

They edit Who & Torchwood as well.  Who for time, Torchwood for content & time.

Oh yeah, I remember hearing how they butchered and cut out 20 minutes from "Journey's End".
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:00 pm

i hereby decree:

OFF-TOPIC

(yet another thread de-railed. happens all the time, don't worry about it.)
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:43 pm

hmmm with it being on stars, I wonder if we might get a little nudity coming our way from gwen. . .that would be very nice and milfy indeed. . .

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:46 pm

timewarrior wrote:
hmmm with it being on stars, I wonder if we might get a little nudity coming our way from gwen. . .that would be very nice and milfy indeed. . .

Very Happy

She's only 32! She's young!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:30 pm

timewarrior, if you google it, gwen already has, just a different show.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:33 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

That's right.

As for New World, I'm cautiously optimistic. Too often British shows cross the pond only to die a horrible death. Of course there have been exceptions (i.e., All in the Family). But Coupling flopped bad. Of course most of those deaths have been thanks to network execs & censors, and Starz is premium so mayhaps this will succeed where so many others have failed ... (hence my cautious optimism).
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:23 pm

That is true about British shows failing when they are remade after crossing the pond. As you mentioned, All in the Family, also Sanford and Son, and of course, currently, The Office. But Torchwood isn't really crossing the pond, BBC is still involved, same actors, same producers, so it more like straddling the pond, not crossing.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:17 am

Ronpur wrote:
That is true about British shows failing when they are remade after crossing the pond. As you mentioned, All in the Family, also Sanford and Son, and of course, currently, The Office. But Torchwood isn't really crossing the pond, BBC is still involved, same actors, same producers, so it more like straddling the pond, not crossing.

That's true, and it was the flagship of BBC Worldwide, so I suppose when looked at like that partnering with Starz makes some sense. And as Torchwood was on later in the evening in the UK (there's a term for it that I can't remember) it had more adult themes, &c., so again, Starz makes sense (esp. after Spartacus). I'm still unsure, but I think that has an awful lot to do with what I've read about this being not so much a continuation as an overhaul or re-start coupled with the Dr. Who movie, Fox & Universal. But I'm hoping it lives up to what I liked about Torchwood, and I'm hoping that when its due to air next year I'll still have Starz!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:45 am

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

That's true, and it was the flagship of BBC Worldwide, so I suppose when looked at like that partnering with Starz makes some sense. And as Torchwood was on later in the evening in the UK (there's a term for it that I can't remember) it had more adult themes, &c., so again, Starz makes sense (esp. after Spartacus). I'm still unsure, but I think that has an awful lot to do with what I've read about this being not so much a continuation as an overhaul or re-start coupled with the Dr. Who movie, Fox & Universal. But I'm hoping it lives up to what I liked about Torchwood, and I'm hoping that when its due to air next year I'll still have Starz!

Spartacus was amazing. So glad Andy Whitfield is making a great recovery so the story can continue and we aren't going to loose this fine actor.

And is the term your thinking of post watershed?
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm

Ronpur wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Spartacus was amazing. So glad Andy Whitfield is making a great recovery so the story can continue and we aren't going to loose this fine actor.

And is the term your thinking of post watershed?

YES!!! Post-watershed! Thank you thank you thank you. Now my brain can chillax (hey, its in the Oxford Dictionary now, along with D'oh & Dalek)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:10 pm

I'm afraid this topic is now steering towards on-topic-ness.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:29 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

Where tell me where? I must see now! which show? which website?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:08 pm

I am guessing:
http://evemyles.net/2009/09/16/belonging-remembered-part-1-all-good-things/ . . . right?
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:16 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
I am guessing:
http://evemyles.net/2009/09/16/belonging-remembered-part-1-all-good-things/ . . . right?

Nope, it was in Tales from Pleasure Beach in a clip that lasts around 23 seconds. I have no life.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:18 pm

timewarrior wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:21 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Quote :
I am guessing:

Nope, it was in Tales from Pleasure Beach in a clip that lasts around 23 seconds.  I have no life.

Looks like you're right . . . Actually, this show (the link one) looks VERY satisfying for fans of her. I wish it could be seen somewhere.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:56 am

neogeoMk2 wrote:
timewarrior wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

PM sent

And I definitely thank you for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bounce cherry affraid Basketball cyclops Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:48 pm

stop drooling you guys...not good for the computer keyboards
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:41 pm

greenk9, boys will be boys. nice new picture. did you draw it?
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:13 am

http://io9.com/5697494/inexplicably-awesome-geek-image-of-the-day-torchwood-with-muppets-and-lightsabers
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:01 am

Bill Pullman is in Torchwood?!?!?!

Never would have guessed that one. Hope he fits in. I've always found Pullman to be hit-and-miss. Sometimes he can be really good, sometimes really bad. I guess we'll see soon enough!

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/bill-pullman-joins-torchwood-as-regular/
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: The New World   Torchwood: The New World - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 12:12 pm

I'm now getting very worried about this show now with Pullman in it. It's becoming filled with too many non-Brits and becoming Americanized. Why couldn't they have left it in the UK where it belongs.
Back to top Go down

Torchwood: The New World
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next