18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Torchwood: International Empty
PostSubject: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:42 pm

This looks good! I loved what Starz did with Spartacus.
http://doctorwhointhemedia.blogspot.com/2010/06/bbc-press-release-international.html
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Ronpur wrote:
This looks good! I loved what Starz did with Spartacus.
http://doctorwhointhemedia.blogspot.com/2010/06/bbc-press-release-international.html

That is awesome. I really do hope this takes off and turns out well. It will be nice to see Torchwood return.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Oh great.... Does ANYTHING stay British, these days? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:31 pm

scarywood wrote:

LOL, isn't BP British? Like to know who lost the oil that is coming to my beach!

Starz has some interesting shows. I love Spartacus:Blood and Sand.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Ronpur wrote:
scarywood wrote:

LOL, isn't BP British? Like to know who lost the oil that is coming to my beach!

LOL! But that's completely different, and I've never even heard of BP lol.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:54 pm

scarywood wrote:

Sadly sometimes one has to look elsewhere for the money to do something. I'm glad it will be coming back.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:02 pm

artanyus wrote:
scarywood wrote:

Sadly sometimes one has to look elsewhere for the money to do something. I'm glad it will be coming back.

Isn't that what "Primeval" had to do?

~
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:30 pm

TORCHWOOD IS COMING BACK!!!! EVEN IF IT IS AMERICAN WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:33 pm

CGren123 wrote:

It is NOT American. Just because it is produced by an American company does not make it Americanized. :/

~
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:38 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
CGren123 wrote:

It is NOT American. Just because it is produced by an American company does not make it Americanized. :/

~

Sorry, aicmustangpilot. Don't hate me
Also, yes that is what Primeval did
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:50 pm

CGren123 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
CGren123 wrote:

~

Aww I don't hate! Sad

We were very grateful for the help for "Primeval", though the likelihood of me watching further episodes is slim to none now. :/
~
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:57 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
CGren123 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
CGren123 wrote:

~

Aww I don't hate! Sad

We were very grateful for the help for "Primeval", though the likelihood of me watching further episodes is slim to none now. :/
~

I got the figures and only watched the series because my brother got them on DVD
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:02 pm

i liked children of earth, but i just don't see how you can come back from that. the first season was good, but the second(IMO) was not as good as the first. i hope this show doesn't take a downward spiral like heroes did, not knowing when to quit, and end without having a resolution to the stories.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm pretty excited for this, but after CoE there's a lot of baggage that's going to need addressing in the first episode. Gwen's baby, Jack coming back, where did Rhys go, etc.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:33 pm

It is a joint production between BBC and Starz, not an American version that Fox was looking at.

And what is this about Primeval coming back? I missed that and love that show! It has a big cliffhanger to resolve!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:36 pm

scarywood wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
scarywood wrote:

LOL! But that's completely different, and I've never even heard of BP lol.

I wish I had never heard of BP! As do millions along the Gulf Coast! I will never get gas there anymore! They announced the oil is only 120 miles from Tampa Bay now. That is getting close.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And what is this about Primeval coming back?

2 mini seasons, both due next year. 5 companies involved - BBC, ITV, Impossible Pictures, Watch, and Pro7 (German).

But Nick Cutter's not returning Sad

http://www.itv.com/drama/cult/primeval/newseriesfor2011/default.html
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Ronpur wrote:
It is a joint production between BBC and Starz, not an American version that Fox was looking at.

And what is this about Primeval coming back? I missed that and love that show! It has a big cliffhanger to resolve!

While Primeval is coming back in 2011, sadly some of the leads will not be returning for the entire run. As for the cliffhanger, that most likely won't be resolved right at the start either, but anything is possible with the way the writing went as series 3 progressed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:04 pm

artanyus wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

While Primeval is coming back in 2011, sadly some of the leads will not be returning for the entire run. As for the cliffhanger, that most likely won't be resolved right at the start either, but anything is possible with the way the writing went as series 3 progressed.

Jason Flemyng can only do three episodes, so he's getting written out... and they're now dealing with the future (in sepia) more than prehistoric creatures.

The last development with the tv show is the primary reason why I'm walking away from it. If I want future, I've got DW... I wanted prehistoric creatures for Primeval, not stupid future creatures in sepia!
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:30 pm

I'm actually a little more optimistic about TW now that I know the new series isn't going to be a remake. I just hope they don't wind up killing every one off like they did before.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 am

Let's hope this does not go the way of the McGann movie - another partnership between BBC and a US company Evil or Very Mad

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Will it sttill air on BBCA?
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Here's hoping that there will be NO influence on the Stateside with the show other than for the funding. I do not want it to be Americanized though, from what I am hearing, some of the episodes will be filmed in the States.

Now if only Ianto was back since I've never been a big fan of Gwen. The only positive is that when it does air here, it would be commercial free since Starz is a premium channel (haven’t tuned into BBC-A for years since they are either mostly about gardening, then reality and now sci-fi/fantasy – no real mixture of programming).
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 10:30 pm

glad it is back...hmmm david tennant is free...now that would be a nice addition to torchwood...could be another parallel world doctor...or another new character....just fangirl wishing of course....sigh
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: International   Torchwood: International EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:03 pm

spatacus: B+S and now torchwood well now i might have to maintain my 12.00 a month subscription which is the downside for starz it's a premium channel
Back to top Go down

Torchwood: International
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next