15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
Well, tonight, SyFy's "Buman" surprised us with an original plot, which makes it look promising, but the overall tone was depressing.

what's happening on that show?
Tonight, we had the vampires have a werewolf battle in a cage, with two very CG werewolves... And Josh inexplicably winning. A guy who was watching IMed me with "did we miss something?"
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:26 pm

Posted this to another forum, but am adding it here. It's about the BBC original, and contains spoilers for the Series 3 finale. I'll hide the spoilers.

Quote :
So,
Spoiler:
a LOT of fans are saying how the show has lost its focus.

Which is?

"It's about a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost who live together!
Spoiler:
that's not the point of the series. It was the premise for the first three series. (Well, the third has two werewolves.)

Spoiler:

So, what is the point of Being Human?

Do I have to say it?

Being human.

It's always been about embracing humanity and all it means. Hellos, good-byes, death, sacrifice, love. It's just chosen the unique way to use supernatural characters to demonstrate it.

That's the point of Being Human, not the dynamic of the main characters.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:06 pm

And with our current talks about supernatural fiction mythos...

Bump!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Can't wait till it comes back...!

(the BBC version, that is...)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:54 pm

SeaDevil wrote:

(the BBC version, that is...)

Of course! I don't think I'm ever watching the remake again!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:32 am

http://t.co/dBwKZEnP

Russell Tovey is leaving Being Human. Seriously, without him and Aidan Turner, I don't see the show lasting much longer, unless the new cast members they've announced (new vampire character, Michael Socha's Tom the werewolf will be back, and Craig Roberts will at least reappear at some point) really step it up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:30 am

jaredofmo wrote:
http://t.co/dBwKZEnP

Russell Tovey is leaving Being Human. Seriously, without him and Aidan Turner, I don't see the show lasting much longer, unless the new cast members they've announced (new vampire character, Michael Socha's Tom the werewolf will be back, and Craig Roberts will at least reappear at some point) really step it up.

Wow...that is a bummer...and I didn't even realize that Aidan Turner actually left the show!
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 am

Well, series four started filming in September, so it's likely that George is there (at least) for all of the fourth series. I really wonder, though, if Toby Whithouse (series creator) shouldn't consider packing it in after this, or at least tying up the storylines with a final special or something. Guess we'll have to wait and see what the reaction is to the new vampire character.

Will feel strange without George. Russell is the only actor who so far appeared in every episode (as the vampire and ghost were recast after the pilot).
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:47 pm

So, not only is Russell Tovey leaving, it's been announced that Sinead Keenan (Nina) will not even be appearing in Series 4.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Shocked I wonder.....how that will...work.. scratch
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:30 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
So, not only is Russell Tovey leaving, it's been announced that Sinead Keenan (Nina) will not even be appearing in Series 4.

Just saw Russell in Sherlock(and being threatened by The Hounds of Baskerville, how ironic). I still haven't seen all of Series 2 yet.....need to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Just wathed the 1st episode of the 4th season..........I aint too sure how this season will pan out!

I'll leave it there as I don't want to spoil it for you guys.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:43 am

Who else is keeping up on Series 4?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:00 am

jaredofmo wrote:

I'm loving it. I think the 5th episode was the best yet...how about you, Jared?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:09 am

I keep up with it too, but I watch it on BBCA, so I've only seen the first two episodes.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:12 am

kcooper76 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

It was pretty good, but I kept thinking Yvonne was icky.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:20 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

It was pretty good, but I kept thinking Yvonne was icky.

Part of the reason why I really liked the episode was I starting out thinking that way...and as I watched it I came to care more and more about both of them and actually found it believable in the end. Also, I like Hal more each week...he may just be my favorite vampire character we've had on the show.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:08 pm

I quit watching the SyFy version (got up to Season 2, episode 6). There is little humor, it's dark and grim and revels in that. Also, the supernatural trio are just people who happen to share a home rather than actually friends. That's just not my type of show.

The SyFy show would never have scenes like the one where George and Mitchell give Annie a card on the day she would have been married, or that scene in Series 4 where
Spoiler:
It's these little lighthearted moments of these supernatural characters doing extremely human things that make me prefer the UK original. They balance out the really dark moments.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Jared: do you think
Spoiler:
at the end of this series? It feels like it's been set-up..kinda..
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:08 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
Jared: do you think
Spoiler:
at the end of this series? It feels like it's been set-up..kinda..
I'm afraid so, but I hope not.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:03 am

jaredofmo wrote:

So...thoughts on the finale?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:32 am

This is still one of the boldest shows on televsion.
Spoiler:

Looking forward to Series 5.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:23 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
This is still one of the boldest shows on televsion.
Spoiler:

Looking forward to Series 5.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:16 pm

There will be a series 5!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next