Ronpur
Nocturniah
jaredofmo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:28 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
And the official Being Human website has announced that Series 5 is the final series.

I'm so in love with how they've kept the show going, even with the loss of the original cast, but it's better for it to go out on a high rather than keep going until they're tired.

Scary wrote:
I've only ever caught a handful of episodes, most from last season, and also saw the latest episode of season 5 the other night, but from what I have seen I absolutely love it. I plan on getting the boxsets and watching from the beginning! bounce

What did you two think of the latest episode?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 pm

(Nice to see you posting again, coop! Welcome back!)
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:46 am

COOP!
*Big hug!*
I really enjoyed getting to know Alex more, though I'm not sure what to think of Tom and Hal's new jobs.

As for the big bad, when it was revealed it was the Devil, I did have to wonder what that would mean for the future of the series. I mean, if you have to have each big bad top the last one (in which case, what on earth, Series 3?), how can you get bigger than Mr. Evil himself?

I look forward to where Series 5 takes us, and will be sad that it will be the last time, but very glad they chose to go out on top.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks, guys Smile

jaredofmo wrote:

*Big hug!*
I really enjoyed getting to know Alex more, though I'm not sure what to think of Tom and Hal's new jobs.

As for the big bad, when it was revealed it was the Devil, I did have to wonder what that would mean for the future of the series. I mean, if you have to have each big bad top the last one (in which case, what on earth, Series 3?), how can you get bigger than Mr. Evil himself?

I look forward to where Series 5 takes us, and will be sad that it will be the last time, but very glad they chose to go out on top.

Big hug to you, too, Jared.

I'm glad the show is ending as well.

I'm not a fan of that big bad reveal--it felt kind of silly and far-fetched, even for this show. So he's just spent hundreds of years right here? That doesn't sound too threatening---although the ending was appropriately effective. Actually, the whole episode just seemed kind of sillier to me than usual. Something about the whole 'leading the vampires' thing feels pointless, like the show didn't know where else to go after last season.

I know, I know, that sounds really negative---especially coming from someone who loved season 4, but I did like it. I also loved getting more of Alex---she easily had the best lines, and I'm sad the show is ending just as we're getting to know her. Hal was rather adorable---so there's that... and I instantly loved the character of the man (I can't remember his name) in the grey suit (that's a terrible description for him, I know).
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 am

Shocked Okay, this episode turned up the creepy factor by 11! This is gonna be one helluva series...

Twisted Evil

Go away, Hatch...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 am

jaredofmo wrote:
Shocked Okay, this episode turned up the creepy factor by 11! This is gonna be one helluva series...

Twisted Evil

That was...weird... and REALLY RATHER DARK HUH

..and for our supernatural-character-of-the-week this time around, what's the deal---was he really there for a long time or sent there recently? They didn't expand on that.

jaredofmo wrote:

Go away, Hatch...

I still can't stop thinking..what is he doing there? I'd imagine he could be anywhere he'd wanted Razz I still find it all very silly. Especially the 'he will rise' bit---can we stop sticking phrases like that on television shows? It's been cliche for a while now..
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:04 pm

I wrote a blog about the entire series.

http://jadavisofmo.blogspot.com/2013/03/being-human-series-retrospective.html

Toby Whithouse says the ending of the series,
Spoiler:
is supposed to be made vague by
Spoiler:

Whithouse says the DVD will contain an extra scene that will make the ending definite. However, we in the US will have a bit of a wait, since I read today that it won't air on BBC America until this summer. This means we'll get the DVD MUCH later.

Personally,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Well, the DVD exclusive scene leaked out, and it revealed that...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5