Ronpur
Nocturniah
jaredofmo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Okay, I just started watching last night's episode....the opening scene is COMPLETELY COPIED. ARRGGHH

At least the original is back and at its very best, which makes me happy...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Well, the second episode was even more un-original than the first was. So many points where they could have gone elsewhere..
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:00 pm

This is exactly why I don't watch 'remakes' like this (part of the reason Touching Evil wasn't that great either from years ago). Don't need deja vu when I can watch the original. Series 3 is being released on DVD in R2 end of March by the way.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Let's see, do I buy the R2 DVD of Series 3 to go with my R2 1 & 2 or get the R1 DVD...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Not entirely impressed with the remake as of yet. I'll continue to watch it to see where they go with it. Hopefully it will get better.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:10 pm

New episode tonight in the UK, to be followed by the first episode of the spin-off "Becoming Human."

It took me awhile to realize the joke in tonight's title: "Adam's Family." They're creepy and they're kooky, they're all together spooky...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:28 pm

Yep, they were creepy AND kooky! And when you creep out a vampire, YOU'RE CREEPY!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:03 pm

I thought Adam was amazing. And hilarious.

Is it weird that...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Anyone know how long it takes before the newest episodes appear on the BBC iplayer? I prefer my daughter watches it there than download it, since we now have a cap on our bandwidth... Mad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:20 pm

It took me a while to finish the episode but I finally finished it. Creepy and Spooky does not cover it! That was just......WEIRD!!

I loved the scene where they came to take him back....it's just....everything I love about the show.

Fantastic episode, though. Finally, all the main characters together for an entire series, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:22 pm

Catching up with the US one....are they seriously introducing an 80's ghost in this? I'm guessing the next episode will feature Aidan befriending one of the neighborhood kids....How much more specific can they get? An is it just me...or are the characters becoming unbearable? I mean...Josh, especially...I find myself hating him more and more.

ok...enough negativity for one post.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Watched the third episode. Okay, two original story lines paired with a re-hashed one that was SO much better in the original... Tony was a complete jerk to Sally, while Gilbert was (awesome) tried to act all cool, but actually liked Annie, and in the end, learned to love her.

All together, I'm really wishing SyFy's Being Human had a different title. I think it'd be easier for me to accept then. Because, if the latest episode is anything to go by, it looks like it could develop into its own separate series, but I doubt it's one I'd watch.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:13 pm

The past two episodes of SyFy's BH I can hardly say anything special about. A poster on IMDb pointed out that the series really lacks the humor of the UK original.

Episodes 3&4 of the original's third series were great. 3 brought us their take on the zombie: a body that had died but is still being used as a live body by the person that had the body.

Nina's pregnant, but she wonders if a werewolf can successfully give birth. (Episode 4 shows she can carry it, even through transformations.)

And Mitchell and Annie have decided to begin a romantic relationship. But since one's a ghost and the other's a vampire, some romantic interactions are impossible for this pair...

And Episode 4 brought the McNair werewolves back. I love how Being Human handles werewolves. Like "American Werewolf in London" without the "WEREWOLVES MUST DIE" theme. (Also good to see it go without the undead victims...)

Oh, and I just won Seasons 1 & 2 on Blu-Ray from a Twitter giveaway by BBC America... Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks for the episode descriptions for the original series jaredofmo. I am going to get around to watching those this weekend.

I've been trying to give the Syfy version a chance. It just....bores me. Honestly, I'm not sure why I keep watching it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Guvnagrover wrote:

I've been trying to give the Syfy version a chance. It just....bores me.

I thought it was just me who thought that. I really can't point out the exact reason it's so boring, but whenever I watch it I just can't keep paying attention to it. I watched the first two episodes, then with the third I skipped through it, and with the fourth I watched the first few minutes before turning it off, I was already bored.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:44 pm

kcooper76 wrote:

I really can't point out the exact reason it's so boring, but whenever I watch it I just can't keep paying attention to it. I watched the first two episodes, then with the third I skipped through it, and with the fourth I watched the first few minutes before turning it off, I was already bored.

Yeah, I'm not sure why it's boring either. Just seems "flat" overall. I always end up quoting Ming the Merciless from the Flash Gordon flick "Klytus....I'm boooored" when I'm watching an ep.

I really miss the Dresden Files - that was a good short-lived series that SciFi (the old school spelling) kiboshed. It differed from the book series by Jim Butcher (which is excellent by the way), but still good in it's own right.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 pm

I've come to the conclusion that "The Longest Day " was the best episode of "Being Human" ever. The cast was amazing, better than they have ever been, in this intense episode where it seems like everything changed.....
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:09 am

Dear SyFy,

Your Being Human remake is awful. It isn't funny, and it doesn't offer the same strong themes of friendship the BBC original does. Please imagine greater.

That is all.

Meanwhile, the original still delivers brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:55 pm

The latest episode from the BBC... WOW! Words cannot describe how it went.

Latest episode of SyFy's series... One plot that looks like it's original and going somewhere, then doesn't, then two copycat plots. Lame.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:58 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
The latest episode from the BBC... WOW! Words cannot describe how it went.

Latest episode of SyFy's series... One plot that looks like it's original and going somewhere, then doesn't, then two copycat plots. Lame.

Lost track of the Sci-Fi. Every time I tried...it would bore me to tears. The original....WOW is right! It took me a while to digest the latest episode...it was so much to take in at once, no idea what will happen next
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Tonight, the Series 3 finale aired in the UK. There is no way SyFy's remake can ever duplicate this without looking like a duplicate.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Not that Im watching it, but FYI... Sci Fi renewed its version for a 2nd season. Sigh.

Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Not that Im watching it, but FYI... Sci Fi renewed its version for a 2nd season. Sigh.

I can only hope they really pull out of the original's shadow, story-telling wise. I've already seen three series from the UK, done in just 22 hours (and the pilot, and the web videos, which this series brilliantly utilizes), I don't want to watch an expanded re-written version.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Well, tonight, SyFy's "Buman" surprised us with an original plot, which makes it look promising, but the overall tone was depressing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Well, tonight, SyFy's "Buman" surprised us with an original plot, which makes it look promising, but the overall tone was depressing.

what's happening on that show?
Back to top Go down

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next