15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) Empty
PostSubject: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Anyone else watch this? I totally love it.

Last edited by jaredofmo on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for both versions, since the talk about it here is low.)
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Anybody? Vampire, Werewolf, and a ghost sharing a home?

Written by Toby Whithouse, who's written two DW episodes, and three cast members have appeared in DW?

No one else here likes it but me?

Just to geek out...
Russell Tovey plays George the werewolf in "Being Human", and he played Midshipman Alonso Frame in "Voyage of the Damned" and "The End of Time Part 2."
Lenora Crichlow plays Annie the ghost in BH, and played Cheen in "Gridlock."
Sinead Keenan plays George's girlfriend Nina in BH, and she played Addams the Vinvocchi in "The End of Time."
And Donald Sumpter, who plays Kemp in BH series 2 was in the Sarah Jane Adventures.

Now for DW to just get Aidan Turner on sometime... Still think he'd make a great incarnation of the Master.
Back to top Go down
Nocturniah
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:08 pm

I also like the show, and I never thought about Aidan Turner as the Master... but you're on to something there.

It took me a few episodes to really warm up to the show and by the end I was happily surprised at how dark some of the plot became. Somewhere in episode 3 or 4 of series 1 is where I started to really get into the mythology of the show and started caring about most of the characters. As much as I want to like Russell Tovey in this, I just can't. When his voice gets squeely.... "ugh" is all I can say. haha

I'm looking forward to series 2 starting up on BBC America. Since all the US shows I watch are on break for the summer months, its up to BBC America to get me through.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Get ready, because Series 2 gets more intense than Series 1. Some have called it a tonal change, but I just say it's a natural progression.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Wow, could have sworn I replied to this right after you posted it. But yes, I love this show as well. Much better than some other vampire, werewolf stories out there now.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:32 pm

My teenage daughter LOVES this show. Every time an actor from Doctor Who comes on she runs and tells me! Smile
Back to top Go down
TheGirlWhoWaited
TheGirlWhoWaited

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:08 am

I like being human but I havent quite decided if I love it yet.
I know they are having a panel at SD's Comic Con this year, I wasnt sure if it was to debut the show on BBC America (i have no idea if they play it there now) or to debut another series?
Back to top Go down
http://brittycupcakes.tumblr.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, the first season is out on DVD tomorrow, and will be airing as a marathon on BBC America on Friday. Then, Saturday, after "The Big Bang" airs, Season 2 begins!
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:06 am

I got interested in BH after hearing about the pilot (there was so much enthusiasm for it that they made it into a series and now we are waiting for series 3). Was a bit disappointed the pilot was not included in the series 1 extras but it can be found online if you look for it (purchases the Region 2 version as soon as it was released in the UK and got series 2 about a month ago). I just can't watch these shows here on stations like BBC-A where commercials are added and the material cut.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:32 pm

I had to watch the series through a questionable manner. (A friend in the UK hooked me up.) I did watch it on BBC America, though. However, earlier this year, I made a big purchase of the 2-pack of the DVDs and the tie-in novels they released.

I agree about how BBCA had to cut the series. It was terrible, e.g., in episode 5 (series 1), they axed the whole part with Annie going to warn Owen's new girlfriend that she had been murdered. Totally weakened Annie's character development there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:06 am

I started and finished the first season today. It was incredibly addicting and fascinating. I came here to look if it has been mentioned and am SO happy to find a couple of you guys (mainly jaredofmo) are fans (fan) of it. Can't wait to start season 2.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:00 am

im interested, god knows i see the commercials all the time. just waiting for a chance to see the first season.
Back to top Go down
Greywoolfe
Greywoolfe

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Another fan of the series here. A wonderfully original concept, and very well executed, with top-notch actors throughout. Looking forward to the new series!
Back to top Go down
http://greywoolfewho.wordpress.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Greywoolfe wrote:
Another fan of the series here. A wonderfully original concept, and very well executed, with top-notch actors throughout. Looking forward to the new series!

Well, hello Greywoolfe, glad you're a fan
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 pm

OKAY... Well, Series 3 is getting ready to premiere in the UK, and SyFy will premiere their re-imagining/remake/re-hash/abomination-to-the-phrase-"Imagine-Greater" on January 17th... Wait... Is it going to be after Smackdown?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:39 am

OKAY, SyFy's remake starts tomorrow, and BBC 3 will start airing the 3rd series in exactly one week.

SyFy's show looks less than impressive, but of course I'm excited for the return of the REAL show.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:19 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
OKAY, SyFy's remake starts tomorrow, and BBC 3 will start airing the 3rd series in exactly one week.

SyFy's show looks less than impressive, but of course I'm excited for the return of the REAL show.

I'm going to check it out. I agree - I'm more excited for the upcoming BBC version.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Won't be watching the unnecessary remake. Will be interesting to know though how many of the stories will have been redone.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Wow. I watched the first episode of Series 3. The tone has changed again with the scenery and the supporting cast.
Spoiler:
Oh, and who else thinks
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 3:44 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Oh, and who else thinks
Spoiler:

I agree, it'd be a nice twist.

The first episode of the third series was great. Although, it felt like a finale rather than an opener;
Spoiler:

I was happy to find out that
Spoiler:

Can't wait for next week's episode.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:07 pm

I'm not sure if I want to watch SyFy tonight. After all, I can watch it on demand later. The original's 3rd Series premiere was so good I don't think I can watch it.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Okay, I did watch it, and it was just more rehash... Sorry, bigger budget and longer season does not equal "better."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 am

jaredofmo wrote:
Okay, I did watch it, and it was just more rehash... Sorry, bigger budget and longer season does not equal "better."

I skipped it tonight. But despite my dislike for it, I'll probably watch it online later, out of curiosity to see just HOW unoriginal they can get with it.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 am

I know they say they want to take it in their own direction, but if they can't even get some originality going in their first episodes, what's it going to be like when they're supposedly on their own?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)   BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Series 3 will come to BBC America February 19th!
Back to top Go down

BBC'S Being Human (And SyFy's remake)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next