rdks
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Power of the Daleks Remake Empty
PostSubject: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 am

A Power of the Daleks fan remake has been filming for a while now, and the first episode is finished and available. Episode 2 will come out in July and the final episode will be out in September.

Starring Nick Scovell as The Doctor (who does a pretty good job), and also featuring appearances by Lisa "Benny Summerfield" Bowerman and Barnaby Edwards. Music is by Martin Johnson who scores for Big Finish. And voicing the Daleks - Nicholas Briggs!

I thought it was pretty good and had fun watching it. It brought me back to the Wilderness Years when all we had were things like PROBE and The Stranger series. And it was cool seeing RTD Daleks painted in the Classic colour scheme!

There's also a couple of "Confidential" episodes showing the filming.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:28 am

I liked the end credits music especially the ssszzzz..sshhhh bit at the end, my favourite part they don't use anymore. I think the actor playing the Doctor is quite well cast, i liked the way he spoke the last line at the cliffhanger.
Back to top Go down
dr.dalek
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:24 pm

this is brilliant
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:11 pm

That was pretty cool Smile

Can't wait for part two now!

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:27 pm

I think the production values are very good, the music, sound effects, lighting, sets and so on but the acting is a little monotone and why are so many of the men fat, middle aged, short and balding? I have nothing against fat, balding middle aged men, I may be that way one day but it made the scenes so bland. I did not like the Doctors costume, he did not stand out from the crowd to me, I give this production 6/10 for an armature production.

Good effort...
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 pm

masterkhan wrote:
I think the actor playing the Doctor is quite well cast, i liked the way he spoke the last line at the cliffhanger.
He's got a bit of experience playing The Doctor. This group has been doing stage plays of missing stories for at least 15 years now. Sadly, in order to get permission to do the plays, none were allowed to be filmed.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:24 pm

davro wrote:
why are so many of the men fat, middle aged, short and balding? I have nothing against fat, balding middle aged men, I may be that way one day but it made the scenes so bland.

I'm afraid this is what happens when you have a fan film and ask for volunteers. No budget to hire attractive people. All you get are people who look like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. I've seen sci-fi conventions...
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Episode 2 now online!

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:44 pm

That is really very good! I like the silver daleks and blue balls on the RTD design!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Laughing "You said 'balls'" Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Laughing "You said 'balls'" Laughing

Worse, "blue balls"!

So, is the entire story going to be done?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:47 pm

The third and final episode....

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 pm

...wow.

I'm just now finding this and sharing it like mad with all my Who friends. I'm on Part 2 right now...all I can say is this has some amazing production values for a Fan Made production. The Post-Time War Dalek as a Classic Dalek is actually real snazzy looking and Nicholas Briggs is a treat as always.

Nick Scovell reminds me an awful lot of Sylvester McCoy in his interpretation of the Doctor.

Also, I may have a new Avatar:

Power of the Daleks Remake Potdalek

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Power of the Daleks Remake   Power of the Daleks Remake EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Am I the only one who thinks they should bring on another voice actor for the daleks? Nicholas Brigg's voice is good and all but I'd like it if the new daleks had a new voice.
Back to top Go down

Power of the Daleks Remake
Page 1 of 1