Retro_Panda
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:59 am

I just finished watching the season opener, and did I miss something, how did the tardis get a complete inside makeover and manage to spit out a new sonic? Is this a kinda like the tardis regenerates also?

Cheers,

pdm
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:59 am

the regeneration in the last part of the end of time was so powerfull, it destroyed the inside of the tardis(presumably damaging the outside as well).

when we pick up in the 11th hour, the doctor climbs out, saying that the pool ended up in the library(due to the explosion). after he comes back, the tardis locks it's doors for most of the episode so that it can rebuild it's insides(also it's outside by the end of the episode).

i think this was a good device to explain a new interior. eccleston went to tennant without any change(i'm sure that was a cost cutting measure, because cris was only on the show for a year).

they hinted in timecrash that the interior could be changed like a desktop theme(i really hated that line/comparison). the doctor's interior tardis has changed many times. some people reason that during the timewar, the same thing happened, and that's how the 9th ended up with his looking the way it did.

the 8th was a great big library/living room(7th/8th since the 7th didn't have any companions at that point, maybe he was planning on living inside it?). if you look throughout episodes there have been different versions(i think my least favorite was in the mind robber, cardboard cutouts with too many roundels on them).
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:23 pm

I liked the idea set fourth in the 4th Doctor's episodes that the TARDIS had a bunch of console rooms. The auxilliary control room wasn't one of my favorites (the console was way too simple) but I liked the idea at least.

I wasn't crazy about the desk top theme comparison either. It just seemed like a cheap throwaway joke. Although, I guess its somehwhat inline with the 5th Doctor concept that the TARDIS' rooms were completely customizable. They could be rearranged or even deleted as needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
dalekskaro
dalekskaro

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-05-12

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:53 pm

I really really love the interior of the 11th Doctor Very Happy I liked the 9th/10th console. Though I genuinely adore the library/living room w/ a fireplace look <3 Maybe a nice mix between 11th and 7th/8th? Bright, colorful with a cozy fireplace? Razz
Back to top Go down
AC Rempt
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-02-01

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:15 pm

The best thing about the 8th Doctor movie is the Tardis interior. It just makes so much more sense that it would be a comfortable place like a study.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sophiethedog.com
dalekskaro
dalekskaro

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-05-12

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptyThu May 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Honestly it's my favorite part of the movie. It seemed so cozy Smile I like the Wonky brightness of the 11th Doctor because I think it reflects how wonky and all over he is Smile
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:22 pm

It had long been established that the TARDIS interior was very customizable, to the point of arranging, re-arranging, and deleting rooms. Plus, its also been established that the TARDIS is essentially a living creature, and that a TARDIS isn't so much built as its grown.

As such, the regeneration of the TARDIS was a nice way to bring in a new console room and interior design, and might I say that a LOVE the new TARDIS interior.

I talk about a lot of this on my site:
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/whoniverse/the-tardis
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
SuperSonicBreadman09
SuperSonicBreadman09

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-11

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:57 pm

I LOVE the New TARDIS... i think it just looks so cool. I dont no why, I'm just a big fan of it ^v^
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Was just reading in DWM last night about all the changes the TARDIS has gone through since the very first series. I hadn't really realized how different it could from story to story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Calixar wrote:
Was just reading in DWM last night about all the changes the TARDIS has gone through since the very first series. I hadn't really realized how different it could from story to story.

Well I had noticed that there was more added to the console by the end of S4. I haven't read the latest DWM, so forgive me but, I'm sure there were no black wires dangling from the series at the beginning, were there?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 2:13 pm

scarywood, i hereby order you to go back and re-watch "rose"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 2:17 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
scarywood, i hereby order you to go back and re-watch "rose"

Yes sir! Smile
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Well, it's been established that the TARDIS can change its interior, and if it was working properly, it's exterior has always been a chameleon circuit that malfunctioned. It's just that interior changed subtly through the Classic series, drastically in the TV movie, then a new design in 2005. Now it's 2010, and we got a new interior.

As for dispensing sonic screwdrivers, now... Unless the Doctor makes them himself, there seems to be nowhere else for them to come from, as Gallifrey is gone. Maybe it's something he added to the console.

The 9th Doctor says in "Boom Town" that he stopped trying to fix the chameleon circuit, as he likes the way it looks. I'm guessing the 2010 exterior tried to re-set to the original police box look, though it's not exact.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:07 pm

as far as the sonic screwdriver, the tardis has to make them. let's see, 10 lost his in evolution of the daleks(when he was fixing the top of the empire state building). it burned up when he was fighting the leather monster in smith and jones(the radiation machine). so if 10 had a never ending supply, either he had a big box of the same one, or he kept popping them out of the tardis. also, remember that river song's sonic screwdriver looked like 10's, not 11, so at some point he will have to make a custom one for her, or 12 makes one that looks more like 10's than 11. geez, i think even i'm confused now.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

The New Tardis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Tardis...   The New Tardis... EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Well, Martha found his dropped sonic in "Evolution", which was the one that had replaced the one burned to a crisp in "Snith and Jones".

========================================
...^o^CORVUS^o^
Doctor Who: The Winds of Time
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/

The New Tardis...
Page 1 of 1